Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

MSFS simmers, here’s why you should care!

truly the end of the world....

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

I can only assume that there are some development aspects required by Concorde which MSFS cannot yet do?  Otherwise it has to rank amongst the dumbest strategic decisions in flightsim.  P3D?  Now?  Really?

Well, it's very probably due to them having already put in the work for the P3D version that it's coming out for that sim first. Given the kind of attention-to-details devs they are, I highly doubt they would've even started development on the MSFS version if there were any blockers in the core sim.

Note the discussion in https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32755-concorde-may-update/ and when they respond to a question about 2D panels:

Hi Pablo,
We've moved away from including 2D panels - especially as MSFS has no support for them.
For our P3D Concorde title, we do include various 2D pop out panels, one for each INS CDU, the two weather radars and, something else

This tells me the MSFS version is already in development and might not be necessarily very far behind the P3D version. I believe they might've alluded to this beforehand too. In any case, they are a glacial place development house so who knows when we'll see the MSFS Concorde.. but hey, they might surprise us and it might just be a matter of months after the P3D release and not years 🙂

In any case, outside of the Concorde, I hope they're focusing on the A330 for MSFS rather than the A320.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

54 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

In any case, outside of the Concorde, I hope they're focusing on the A330 for MSFS rather than the A320.

Me too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

I hope they're focusing on the A330 for MSFS

A nice French A330 was in the news today. A long and unusual  flight... Nothing more lest it gets political 😀

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

I'm thinking that number of copies sold for P3D will reach 4-digit numbers, but I wouldn't want to guess the first digit 😉

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 minutes ago, somiller said:

Of all the aircraft I would think of in a flight sim, the Concorde would be the very  bottom of the list. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Of all the aircraft I would think of in a flight sim, the Concorde would be the very  bottom of the list. 

Yea, I feel basically the same with no interest in an aircraft that premiered 54 years ago and has not flown for 20 years, that has a limited mission profile, and seems to be incredibly cumbersome to fly. However I can also understand why a developer would want to simulate such a celebrated aircraft -- that has been recognized as an engineering marvel of its time. And I really could think of no better developer to tackle this than FSL and it seems they have done a magnificent job. I think those who want to learn to fly a Concord will be extremely pleased when it releases.  I don't think their decision to continue development in P3D was a mistake. These are smart people and I am sure they realized a long time ago that it would not sell the same number of copies as if MSFS had not launched. (I would not be surprised if sales are in the double digits and there is likely not a lot of commercial demand for a Concord simulation.) But they will continue to please those who for their own idiosyncratic reasons continue to use P3D while also laying the groundwork for its debut in the modern platform -- after all, the research, approach and coding will be almost entirely the same between platforms -- and FSL will benefit greatly from the advancements to MSFS that have been made in the past two years and the solutions to challenges that have been worked out by other developers. They likely will be able to bring it to MSFS with less teething issues and development cost than PMDG had with their aircraft.

If they are working on an A330 for MSFS I certainly hope it is a neo. 

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 1

Dan Scott

Let's just remember one thing, guys. If nobody ever did anything "outside the box", the world would be a very boring place.

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I left P3D a long time ago, only using XP12 and MSFS now. I dont think there are that much P3D users left and from them a minority is interested in the Concorde i think... I wish FSLABS all the best in every case! They do good work. 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020