Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

iniBuilds A300 and Beluga updated for XP12!

Both A300 and ST are now XP12 compatible.  See the announcement here and also has limited 24 hour sale. 

Had a lot of great memory with A300 in XP11. Those days are now back!

image.png

• Like 5

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

57 minutes ago, Sims Smith said:

Both A300 and ST are now XP12 compatible.  See the announcement here and also has limited 24 hour sale. 

Had a lot of great memory with A300 in XP11. Those days are now back!

image.png

What a nice surprise thanks!

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I Had to get the Beluga it only cost me 7.50 pounds with discount for owning the A300. Always thought the IniBuilds A310 is better in Xplane then MSFS from my experience it seems more in-depth with better EFB

Edited by jason74
  • Like 1

Jason Richards

Super excited to see this! Tried to send the 300 on a quick trip but for some reason couldn’t get it to accept the standard elevator trim inputs via the switches on my Honeycomb Alpha. Perhaps it was something on my end 🤷‍♂️ Aside from that, looked pretty good in sim

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

4 hours ago, jason74 said:

I Had to get the Beluga it only cost me 7.50 pounds with discount for owning the A300. Always thought the IniBuilds A310 is better in Xplane then MSFS from my experience it seems more in-depth with better EFB

It is. The MFS version is missing quite a few features, with no updates planned.

Edited by Ilari Kousa

This is certainly good news that the A300 which we knew was coming and the Beluga is going to X Plane 12.

It spells good news that it may mean, they hear the cries for their support and their evaluating the market they may have realize that it was a good idea to go forward with the conversion. It also silence the thoughts that inibuild have completely abandon the market in favor of the other sim at least for now. Hopefully if things are successful and the community responds favorably, maybe they will consider bringing over the A310 which I'm sure we will have to wait and see.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

maybe they will consider bringing over the A310 which I'm sure we will have to wait and see.

I'd be surprised if that ever happened... I'm sure our nice friends at Microsoft/Asobo used their "embrace and extend" tactic with IniBuilds when they brought the A310 to MSFS, most likely signing an exclusivity agreement. 

I understand why Microsoft/Asobo would do that from a business point of view, but they ended up collaterally screwing previous IniBuilds customers who most likely are also MSFS customers (like myself), which is a stupid tactic. I would express MS/Asobo my gratitude for killing the possibility of having my *PAID* A310 in XP12 and forcing me to use their free subpar version, but I can't because their forum admins are incompetent, and I can't login using my account since MSFS launched (in the case you're wondering why I'm not ranting in their own forum). 

Edited by evaamo
  • Like 2

Enrique Vaamonde

1 hour ago, evaamo said:

d be surprised if that ever happened... I'm sure our nice friends at Microsoft/Asobo used their "embrace and extend" tactic with IniBuilds when they brought the A310 to MSFS, most likely signing an exclusivity agreement. 

I'm not disagreeing with you if such arrangement is made. I am not a lawyer but I do know the history of such arrangement can be seen as anti competitive of using shared resource from 3PD to give themselves a competitive legg on its competition by entering in such arrangements design to block a previous sold product in a competitive market. I can see them doing this if the aircraft A310 on MSFS is using assets specific to Asobo/MS code much in the same way that the Zido mod uses LR assets which is why its still a freeware aircraft and exclusive to X plane. But the A310 for X Plane 11 is still available and sold as a playware and I'm sure none of that code is using MS assets.  I don't see how that can be blocked  that version going into X Plane 12, IMO. If they are have sold all rights to the source code, then that is one thing, but I have my doubts because part of the A310 came from the A300. So I really don't know about that.

1 hour ago, evaamo said:

I personally decided long ago not to spend a single penny of my income in IniBuild products, though I'm sure they won't care as they watch their bank account balance.

I didn't know before today that they were going to release the Beluga ST. All I know was that they going to do the A300. Now that the cat is out of the bag and they are bringing both aircrafts, my attitude has change. Both aircraft are fulling integrated with simbrief and acars and cpdlc and the other communication, just like the A310 X plane 11. So most of my investment in the aircraft is protected for now. What happens going forward is a matter of how the community responds and let their voices get heard and if favorably, who know what may happen. All I know is that they will not do anything if the inertial continues to go in the direction of the other sim. They will only know if you tell them that you want to see the A310 in X Plane 12 and make it happen with the rest of the community. I don't think we would have seen the A300 if everyone remain silent and only cheer when they see another aircraft crossover to MSFS. I am not saying crossover development is a bad thing, it just not a good thing when it impact negatively for the support for the sim of your choice.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2

I regret this purchase, not because of the Airbus A300, but due to Xplane 12.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

1 hour ago, IFRking said:

I regret this purchase, not because of the Airbus A300, but due to Xplane 12.

How long have you been an Xplane user.

6 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

This is certainly good news that the A300 which we knew was coming and the Beluga is going to X Plane 12.

It spells good news that it may mean, they hear the cries for their support and their evaluating the market they may have realize that it was a good idea to go forward with the conversion. It also silence the thoughts that inibuild have completely abandon the market in favor of the other sim at least for now. Hopefully if things are successful and the community responds favorably, maybe they will consider bringing over the A310 which I'm sure we will have to wait and see.

The A310 is getting upgraded to XP12 also. It was mentioned long before the MSFS A310

They are currently working on the A300 for MSFS

XP version is definitely butter than the MSFS as the planes are originally built for XP 

Edited by jason74

Jason Richards

1 minute ago, jason74 said:

The A310 is getting upgraded to XP12 also. It was mentioned long before the MSFS A310

They are currently working on the A300 for MSFS

Someone need to tell FSelite then, because they are telling people that in order to get the A310 then they will need to get MSFS and fly it as part of the 40th anniversary package for free. I was trying to keep an open mind on this issue until I saw the article with so much speculation to the contrary both here and on the org. It's hard to wish that the the developers where more transparent but I understand why they want to keep things under wraps as to why we have not heard anything until now about the Beluga.

So for right now as far we know, I'll leave it where the official news on matter stands until we heard otherwise from inibuilds.