Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Unidentified Flying Balls...

According to Kirkpatrick, spherical objects account for the largest proportion — nearly half — of all UAP reports received by his office. Critically, some of these objects are capable of “very interesting apparent maneuvers.” 

To be sure, rigorous scientific analysis may ultimately identify a prosaic explanation for such observations. In the meantime, however, such “metallic orbs” are prima facie evidence of extraordinary technology. After all, how would spheres, lacking wings or apparent forms of propulsion, execute “maneuvers” of any kind? 

Guess what else is orb shaped? That's right, a balloon. 

The problem is with all of this stuff, is that all we have is "what someone said". And the videos we do have aren't really that impressive or definitive. We don't even have data from radar systems to analyze. 

I like the way they claim that IF the go-fast ATFLIR video is wrong regarding altitude it would be flying much faster. 🙄 Well who's to say it is wrong, far more likely the data on the screen re altitude is correct. Why would it be wrong? There are too many media outlets and so called researchers that are biased toward an alien visitation explanation. Because they make money out of it of course. 

No Martin, those little balls are invaders from outer space.  They have been invading earth for millions of years.  They are everywhere amongst us.  And we see them now and again and step on them and squash them.  I don't know what they are called in the galaxy they come from.  But here on Earth we call them cockroaches.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

43 minutes ago, birdguy said:

But here on Earth we call them cockroaches.

That reminds me of a short story I once heard on BBC Radio, where alien explorers crash landed on an unknown planet. After taking stock of their situation, the aliens decide to leave their spaceship and explore the planet but the listener gradually realises:

1. The aliens have landed in someone's back garden on planet Earth
2. The spaceship is about the size of a flower pot 
3. The aliens are about the size of ants.

As the aliens leave their spaceship, the homeowner comes out of the house, sees them, thinks they are ants and steps on them, killing them all.

Dugald Walker

They are Vogon survey ships, Earth is doomed!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I watched the NASA briefing referred to in the link Noel posted. It was on Chris Lehto's channel, live.

Quite frankly it was a waste of time. It reminded me of some kind of internal meeting that they could have had in an office somewhere. Barely any new information. 

Pointless. 

20 hours ago, martin-w said:

I watched the NASA briefing referred to in the link Noel posted. It was on Chris Lehto's channel, live.

Quite frankly it was a waste of time. It reminded me of some kind of internal meeting that they could have had in an office somewhere. Barely any new information. 

Pointless. 

That seems to be the case with any official information on UFO's, UAP's, whatever you want to call them.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 6/3/2023 at 6:43 AM, dmwalker said:

That reminds me of a short story I once heard on BBC Radio, where alien explorers crash landed on an unknown planet. After taking stock of their situation, the aliens decide to leave their spaceship and explore the planet but the listener gradually realises:

1. The aliens have landed in someone's back garden on planet Earth
2. The spaceship is about the size of a flower pot 
3. The aliens are about the size of ants.

As the aliens leave their spaceship, the homeowner comes out of the house, sees them, thinks they are ants and steps on them, killing them all.

I'm pretty sure that was one of the storylines in the 1960s Twilight Zone.

... and back on topic..  my flying balls are identifiable.

1 hour ago, stans said:

That seems to be the case with any official information on UFO's, UAP's, whatever you want to call them.

Yep, and yet some people think "disclosure" is coming. 🙄

• Like 1

When I was a kid back in the late 1970’s early 80’s an uncle of mine was in the Air Force. He was always a no nonsense person with a stern demeanor about him. He was a Major in rank at the time. I remember well, an afternoon at a family get together and us kids we’re talking space stuff with some other adults and UFO’s came up. 

My uncle had come into the room to announce the food was ready and I just asked him directly if he believed in UFO’s. And without changing his expression or missing a beat he said sure, we know they’re real but not like you think of them. He said they’re probes and we know this because we have some.

It really fascinated me because I’d never heard of that theory before and it was many many more years later when people began speculating about the probe theory.

He passed away in early 2005 and shortly after that I was having dinner with my cousin, his son who is in the Air Force too.

We were reminiscing about him and the topic of his job came up. Until that day I had no idea he was part of USAF Air Technical Intelligence Center, which later became Foreign Technology Division. When he retired he was a full bird colonel and part of the FTD command staff.

The place is called something else today but the name keeps coming up with the current UFO chatter.

Just my little family UFO mystery 👽

Edited by Jacoba
  • Like 2

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I still like the theory that from observations from another world the Automobile is the intelligent life on this planet as it moves around each day in an orderly fashion, and we are the virus inside them that must be eradicated 🤔😁

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

Funny how the Martian narrator is speaking English... 😆

As for the Twilight Zone snippet, the ending was a real surprise! Oh dear! 😱

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator