Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.7.0]

A new Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Update is now out - Changelog is at: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-avionics-update-2-beta-release-notes-1-33-7-0/595568

Looks like those who have been getting the white dot issue should be happy assuming it is this:

Peripherals

Removed the white dot pointer that could appear when using a hat switch to pan the camera

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Peripherals

• Removed the white dot pointer that could appear when using a hat switch to pan the camera

Wow, good job Asobo!

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hooray! No more white dot.  Well done Asobo!

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

Wow, WT are knocking it out the park with the avionics updates... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Now if we could get some high quality third party liveries on .to i can see this AC getting heavy rotation. WT is really turning the 787 into a gem. I think now is a good time to see if the AC can handle some RNP-AR approaches. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Now if we could get some high quality third party liveries on .to i can see this AC getting heavy rotation. WT is really turning the 787 into a gem. I think now is a good time to see if the AC can handle some RNP-AR approaches. 

Yeah there is very limited very good repaints for it - Not sure if that is because of the model itself and its difficult to create repaints for it or just the lack of interest before the AU update for it. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

For me the white dot/flickering cursor issue seems to be fixed. I've still got my Xbox controller clone plugged in. Good stuff. 

• Like 2

I'll have to check this out asap. Just this minute shut down after an hours jaunt around Oklahoma and the white dot was popping up tool tips on everything when dot was about 2 1/2 inches above any instrument that had an associated tool tip, worst I've ever seen it. (when I shut down MSFS, then I noticed Steam doing a 100 or so mb update, so I figured there must be an update). I've yet to restart MSFS. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I find it funny how much the white dot annoyed people lol. It reminded me of the FSX days when you would look around with the space bar and a crosshair would show up. Anyway I'm glad they were able to quickly respond to the community.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

6 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I find it funny how much the white dot annoyed people lol. It reminded me of the FSX days when you would look around with the space bar and a crosshair would show up. Anyway I'm glad they were able to quickly respond to the community.

But it wasn't just the white dot. The cursor was blinking and disappearing. Anyways, so far for me, it's fixed and you can't ask for more than that,

Edited by jarmstro

They have sure been busy, massive changelog, thank you WT

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

52 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Hooray! No more white dot.  Well done Asobo!

Still nothing about the white borders that sometime show up around screens. It's really annoying and I can't find any fix to it. 

23 minutes ago, Krakin said:

And the funniest thing to me is that I've seen it before...usually on happenstance, because you're usually focusing on the distance and only really notice it when you stop panning and see it in front of you (at least how my eye scan works).  But once you see (notice it)...you can't un-see it!

It's just like "floaters" in your eyes...we all have them, and they go mostly unnoticed in our daily life.  But if you are in the right lighting and pan your eye around and stop abruptly, you'll see them as they have a bit of an inertia factor as well (the bigger ones anyway).  I have a particular one in my left eye I call "Bruce".  He'll get my attention when I'm looking around quickly in a darker environment...then I can't un-see him until I get distracted by something else. Hehe.  He's just above and to the left of my eye's viewpoint center, so I can never "catch" him and see him directly, no matter how fast I move my eye to see him directly. 🤣  

Anyway....glad that dot in MSFS is gone...wish we could rid our eyes of floaters in the same fashion.

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Still nothing about the white borders that sometime show up around screens. It's really annoying and I can't find any fix to it. 

I've not seen these white borders. Yet. However, I would raise the issue on the official forums or vote for it if it's got a thread relating to it. I voted for the white dot issue and they've fixed it but whether or not voting does any good I know not.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

It didn't annoy me too because I don't use joystick for panning views but I'm glad they listened to the users who had the issue. I do use an Xbox controller for the drone and if I pan the view with it inside the aircraft it shows the white dot, that is the one I want them to fix for folks using PC's, but they didn't yet. It doesn't bother me much, though.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White