Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.7.0]

45 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I've not seen these white borders. Yet. However, I would raise the issue on the official forums or vote for it if it's got a thread relating to it. I voted for the white dot issue and they've fixed it but whether or not voting does any good I know not.

Yes I think it does. A good number of votes and a hot thread makes them sit up and take notice and prioritise where they can.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

53 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Anyway....glad that dot in MSFS is gone...wish we could rid our eyes of floaters in the same fashion.

Yes. I would put up with the white dot instead any day.  My floaters depress me (not that I am a depressive in any way, I have a good and happy life in general and I know it), but they are constantly moving around and distracting me especially when looking at the screen. 

Being slightly short sighted does not help apparently.  Mine developed after a mild eye infection a while back, but there is not a lot you can do about them apparently.  I was surprised to find out that about 75% of people get them eventually. Give me the white dot any day!

Anyway, thanks to Asobo and WT for a really great update!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

And the funniest thing to me is that I've seen it before...usually on happenstance, because you're usually focusing on the distance and only really notice it when you stop panning and see it in front of you (at least how my eye scan works).  But once you see (notice it)...you can't un-see it!

It's just like "floaters" in your eyes...we all have them, and they go mostly unnoticed in our daily life.  But if you are in the right lighting and pan your eye around and stop abruptly, you'll see them as they have a bit of an inertia factor as well (the bigger ones anyway).  I have a particular one in my left eye I call "Bruce".  He'll get my attention when I'm looking around quickly in a darker environment...then I can't un-see him until I get distracted by something else. Hehe.  He's just above and to the left of my eye's viewpoint center, so I can never "catch" him and see him directly, no matter how fast I move my eye to see him directly. 🤣  

Anyway....glad that dot in MSFS is gone...wish we could rid our eyes of floaters in the same fashion.

Oh Boy, don't get me started on "Eye Floaters"..lol  I had a few on my left eye that looked like worms or cells and had surgery done to remove them because they were so annoying and impeding my vision.  They weren't the normal floaters where you see them and they just float to the bottom.  The ones I had were big worm/cell like that just kept squirming around my left eye on a constant basis...It was driving me insane!.  It is common that as we get older floaters start to appear and I do have some very small ones on my right eye but they float to bottom of my eye and then come back after awhile but are not too bad and don't bother me 

However, my surgery on my left eye didn't go so well (Complications) and I am still recovering from it since March 3rd of this year without my left IOL cataract lens since that was the cause of it..It somehow got misaligned and that caused the huge floaters to appear. But the complications in surgery prevented the doctor to replace the new IOL lens in the meantime.  He got rid of the floaters, but I am missing my IOL lens.   So now, I'm in the process of getting special "Scleral Contact Lens" for vision on that left eye until I am completely heal of my Corina and other damage caused by having my Floater(s) surgery procedure and the complications that I had and will proceed with a normal Cataract Surgery later on. It hasn't been a fun year so far ....I'll can tell you that...lol  But I'm still Flight Simming!

Edited by F1Fan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Car147 said:

Wow, WT are knocking it out the park with the avionics updates... 

WT are making so many fixes during this AAU2 beta, and they are doing it so fast.  It's like they are developing at the speed of light.

Anyways, we all benefit when WT makes all these fixes so fast. I hope WT keeps up the good work!

• Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Oh Boy, don't get me started on "Eye Floaters"..lol  I had a few on my left eye that looked like worms or cells and had surgery done to remove them because they were so annoying and impeding my vision.  They weren't the normal floaters where you see them and they just float to the bottom.  The ones I had were big worm/cell like that just kept squirming around my left eye on a constant basis...It was driving me insane!.  It is common that when we get older floaters start to appear and I do have some very small ones on my right eye but they float to bottom of my eye and then come back after awhile but are not too bad and don't bother me 

However, my surgery on my left eye didn't go so well (Complications) and I am still recovering from it since March 3rd of this year without my left IOL cataract lens since that was the cause of it..It somehow got misaligned and that caused the huge floaters to appear. But the complications in surgery prevented the doctor to replace the new IOL lens in the meantime.  He got rid of the floaters, but I am missing my IOL lens.   So now, I'm in the process of getting special "Scleral Contact Lens" for vision on that left eye until I am completely heal of my Corina and other damage caused by having my Floater(s) surgery procedure and the complications that I had and will proceed with a normal Cataract Surgery later on. It hasn't been a fun year so far ....I'll can tell you that...lol  But I'm still Flight Simming!

Sorry to hear of your issues.   I didn't mean to trigger a rash of eye floater stories in this thread, but its nice to commiserate with others with acute floaters nonetheless. 

Mine were never bad enough to warrant surgical correction, but I can relate to eye surgery just the same.  I had cataract surgery last year on both eyes and had lenses inserted.  While this did nothing for the floaters, my vision was vastly altered in a good way.  Had the left eye done first, and when it was healing, covering it to look out of only my right eye was an "eye opening" experience....pun fully intended. 🙂

Being a livery painter, I never knew my condition caused me to see everything in a yellowish tint, and this is a screenshot I created back then to show what I was experiencing (as best as I could approximate):

3jCml1.jpg

I guess all the liveries in my 20 years of painting before the surgery had a tint to them that may have been unnoticeable unless you compared my colors to another painter's identical livery.  🙂 

Hope you have success in your future surgeries!  Thanks for sharing your story.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Old 787 liveries won't work on the updated 787 then?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes. I would put up with the white dot instead any day.  My floaters depress me (not that I am a depressive in any way, I have a good and happy life in general and I know it), but they are constantly moving around and distracting me especially when looking at the screen. 

Being slightly short sighted does not help apparently.  Mine developed after a mild eye infection a while back, but there is not a lot you can do about them apparently.  I was surprised to find out that about 75% of people get them eventually. Give me the white dot any day!

Anyway, thanks to Asobo and WT for a really great update!

I'm fortunate that I can mostly ignore my floaters...but its like now that I've been talking about it....I glanced up at "Bruce" and now he's tormenting me, LOL.  Like "Forget me?  Ha!  I'll show you!  I'll float into your peripheral vision and stay there a while, just to punish you for saying you can ignore me!"

Like I said....our beautiful minds can process visual info and blot out things we don't need to see...until we start thinking about it. 🙂

Almost like getting an annoying song stuck in your head.  "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas".  See? 

Don't hate me! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

White Dot nonsense still there according to other users, issue partially fixed.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Not seeing it here. Many others who reported bug say it’s gone. Do you have a link or is this just conjecture?

-B

1 minute ago, btacon said:

Not seeing it here. Many others who reported bug say it’s gone. Do you have a link or is this just conjecture?

-B

See the official forums bug thread on the subject....

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

15 minutes ago, btacon said:

-B

Sure, start here...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/white-dot-visible-since-1-33-3-0-only-partially-fixed-in-1-33-7-0/591712/197?u=shakerkitty10

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

My good ole white dot only shows very rarely now, the white frames on GPS screens are very intermittent. White dot is more rare than the white outlines on screens.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Sorry to hear of your issues.   I didn't mean to trigger a rash of eye floater stories in this thread, but its nice to commiserate with others with acute floaters nonetheless. 

Mine were never bad enough to warrant surgical correction, but I can relate to eye surgery just the same.  I had cataract surgery last year on both eyes and had lenses inserted.  While this did nothing for the floaters, my vision was vastly altered in a good way.  Had the left eye done first, and when it was healing, covering it to look out of only my right eye was an "eye opening" experience....pun fully intended. 🙂

Being a livery painter, I never knew my condition caused me to see everything in a yellowish tint, and this is a screenshot I created back then to show what I was experiencing (as best as I could approximate):

3jCml1.jpg

I guess all the liveries in my 20 years of painting before the surgery had a tint to them that may have been unnoticeable unless you compared my colors to another painter's identical livery.  🙂 

Hope you have success in your future surgeries!  Thanks for sharing your story.

Oh no, you did not trigger anything, I love to talk about it, it's part of life people go through with their eyes

Wow, nice liveries, very well done!   Yea, I have faith that all will be ok soon.  Just a little hiccup on my eye surgery journey, but I'm sure all will be fine in the end.  It could have been much worse.  Thank god and appreciate the technology today for the eye that I have other options to resolve my issues. I'm very lucky.

Thanks again!

Edited by F1Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

White Dot nonsense still there according to other users, issue partially fixed.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

See the official forums bug thread on the subject....

58 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Thanks. Will do

-B

39 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Wow, nice liveries, very well done!

Thanks....I do what I can. 🙂    If you're going to the Flightsim Expo in Huston this month, you can actually attend a presentation I'm doing on Saturday regarding how to paint in MSFS (well....more like how to start a paint project with a tad of painting demo.  Can't teach much in 45 mins, LOL)

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg