Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Could the Caribbeans be better ?

Go take a look at the sat imagery for St. Thomas. Both Bing and Google's aren't great. Dull and washed out. 

The trouble with being a low-population, non-strategic region is that there's not nearly as much interest in high-fidelity aerial imagery.

• Like 2

Any standout addon airports in the Caribbean (either free or paid) that you guys would recommend?

14 hours ago, james_d said:

Any standout addon airports in the Caribbean (either free or paid) that you guys would recommend?

Curacao (TNCC) by Tropicalsim 

Aruba (TNCA) by Tropicalsim 

Bonaire (TNCB) by Aerosoft

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am hoping they'll manage to implement some sort of water masking world wide, because the manual efforts so far are very limited in quantity and focuses only on certain places. But some nice "caribbean like" spots can be found elsewhere too, for example in the Mediterranean. I am thinking about Sardinia, Elba and greek islands as well as an example.

Let's hope in the future they manage to find a way which is less time consuming for them and with an higher quality output for all of us

• Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

5 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

I am hoping they'll manage to implement some sort of water masking world wide, because the manual efforts so far are very limited in quantity and focuses only on certain places. But some nice "caribbean like" spots can be found elsewhere too, for example in the Mediterranean. I am thinking about Sardinia, Elba and greek islands as well as an example.

Let's hope in the future they manage to find a way which is less time consuming for them and with an higher quality output for all of us

I agree with you, but the scope discussed here is way much more than just water masking... we need is a Caribbean WU.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2023 at 2:23 PM, adino said:

I agree with you, but the scope discussed here is way much more than just water masking... we need is a Caribbean WU.

And we're getting one! Coming this month. Came across this thread looking for a release date, but I don't think they've set one. I'm super excited!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, james_d said:

TNCM of course, which also includes TFFG, which is a great little airport.

Anything from SLH Sim Designs:

TFFR - La Raizet, Guadeloupe is absolutely outstanding

TDPD - Dominica, stunning approach over mountains

TNCA - Aruba, already mentioned.

You can get practically all the islands airports now: Grand Cayman, both major Jamaica airports (which are awesome), the Dominican Republic airports are boring, then San Juan, Aguadilla, TIST St Thomas (v2 is AMAZING), Beef Island, TKPK St Kitts is fantastic, TFFF is great (Martinique), Grenada, TBPB Barbados is excellent, TVSA, TGPY. I could go on and on. Tons of fantastic payware airports, AND, tons of great freeware versions as well from flightsim.to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mryan75 said:

TNCM of course, which also includes TFFG, which is a great little airport.

The handcrafted one from the 40th anniversary update is actually a bit better, although the people on the beach are missing.
There is an addon on flightsim.to that explains how to merge the two.

If you are planning to purchase addon airports for that region it might be prudent to check whether SU15 will contain them.
2 of the new airports in SU15 I already have, MKJS and TTCP.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

20 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I must have missed an announcement of what airports will be included in the next sim update (or should that be world update?)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

The handcrafted one from the 40th anniversary update is actually a bit better, although the people on the beach are missing.
There is an addon on flightsim.to that explains how to merge the two.

If you are planning to purchase addon airports for that region it might be prudent to check whether SU15 will contain them.

I actually think the payware TNCM is better, although I will say it's fantastic having a freeware version and I can totally understand people being satisfied with the Asobo version. I just love the Grand Case airport as well, which is included with the payware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I must have missed an announcement of what airports will be included in the next sim update (or should that be world update?)

My bad, it is World Update 15 (or is it 16 already)
But they talked about it in one of the last livestreams and someone showed a slide with all the handcrafted airports in WU15:

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

MKJS, TTCP, and then some random GA airport on Haiti if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I wonder when MSFS keeps getting better and more popular, some countries, cities, tourist spots will be willing to pay MSFS to get their places optimized and look the best in the sim. I kind of think those days probably are not too far away.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

I wonder when MSFS keeps getting better and more popular, some countries, cities, tourist spots will be willing to pay MSFS to get their places optimized and look the best in the sim.

MSFS representation is a priority for what country, city or tourist spot?

There are places barely being able to withstand todays capitalistic inflation in 2024, why would they care to pay for representation in a video game?

Meanwhile countries like Ecuador are witnessing an entire horrific rise of drug related cartel crime in 2024. 

Us simmers and our naïve delirious first world fantasies...🤣😂

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

And I actually just reread the transcript of the announcement, there are bespoke airports. That’s awesome news!

• Like 1