Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Flightbeam Statement on MS24

From Amir at Flightbeam. I for one will continue to buy for MSFS2020. Feel bad for them as their revenue stream has the potential of drying up. On the MSFS official forums there are tons of people that are stating they are stopping all MSFS2020 purchases. 

MSFS 2024 and Flightbeam

Fellow simmers and customers,

Like you I was blindsided by the announcement of MSFS 2024. Interested in getting some new info about Starfield like some other folks... I certainly didn't expect a the imminent nuclear bomb Microsoft was in the midst of dropping. Just as things were starting to settle down in the MSFS world with SDK issues, development pipelines and overall stability and popularity with hardcore simmers, the idea of a whole new sim coming out in 2024 is both perplexing and worrisome.

However, Microsoft has release some initial info after which I can make an initial assessment on where things will go in terms of Flightbeam products. With the current info given, it's safe to assume the following:

1. You will not need to re-purchase any Flightbeam products from MSFS 2020 to MSFS 2024

2. You can transfer your current license to the new sim, without any additional cost.

3. Any purchases made from now is also available to use in MSFS 2024 once released, at no additional cost.

4. Lastly, this has no effect on our current production.

One particular troublesome issue is once again the notion of MSFS users "freezing" any addon purchases until MSFS 2024. Please support your developers, this is our livelihoods, and the development funding of new products depend on your continued support. Thanks and be sure to hang on tight for this new crazy adventure!

• Like 16
  • Upvote 4

Eric 

Glad to see this. I also got the email about this. I think after all the predictable Hoo-Haa dies down this will be pretty much the case. (we've seen this before)

I strongly urge everyone to keep buying addons and support developers. 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

People would be incredibly shortsighted to stop purchasing add-ons, because the MSFS (24) FAQ states the following...and I quote:

Current aircraft and airports that are in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), as well as virtually all Marketplace add-ons, will be supported in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I think developers like Flightbeam  issetting a good example of superb customer to support. In fact Flighbeam KDEN was the first add on airport I bought for MSFS2020. I've been their customer since FSX and they never disappoint. 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

People would be incredibly shortsighted to stop purchasing add-ons, because the MSFS (24) FAQ states the following...and I quote:

Current aircraft and airports that are in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), as well as virtually all Marketplace add-ons, will be supported in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

I absolutely agree, but... It's a gaming community, and specifically It's the desktop sim community.  They ARE incredibly short sighted lol.

Andrew Crowley

3 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I absolutely agree, but... It's a gaming community, and specifically It's the desktop sim community.  They ARE incredibly short sighted lol.

Heh.  I could use another word that starts with "s" and ends with "d" but it isn't "shortsighted".  😄  :)     

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I hope other developers follow the Flightbeam statement,  I have been a customer of theirs since FSX

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Thank you...I do love Flight Beam products....

Personally I don't see what all the fuss and hooha is about...

Please somebody correct me if I am wrong but prior to MSFS 2020 being released didn't the other Flight Sim program bring a newer (updated) version out every couple of years requiring you to re purchase and had backwards compatability...plus every point update required developers to catch up and the community accepted and waited.

The third Flight Sim released a new version requiring a further purchase...again backwards compatibility and the community was thankful for it.

The community consistently moaned that FSX was a 10 year old platform

Why all the fuss over MSFS 2024...we should be embracing advancements in our hobby...we can't and shouldn't stop progress..

I for one am saying "Bring it on Microsoft"

• Like 1

I am pausing my purchases, but not because of MS2024. Each month I I've been buying one or two airports and it's starting to add up. So, unless a big sale like. the ini builds sale hits this month, I am not buying anything.

That said, flightbeam's KIAD is on the short list for me for possible purchases.

How insane would it be for MS to release the next version of the sim and destroy backwards compatibility. That would mark the end of the product line in large part.  I don't buy tons of addons and MSFS 2024 has no bearing on that for me one way or the other.  Near as I can tell MSFS 2024 is MSFS 2020, with enhancements.  Same sim, IOW.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

"Virtually all Marketplace addons"  does leave a fair bit of scope for expensive things to slip between the cracks of course.

Pointless arguing about it though, we will have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

"Virtually all Marketplace addons"  does leave a fair bit of scope for expensive things to slip between the cracks of course.

Pointless arguing about it though, we will have to wait and see.

Yeah, probably stuff that requires default files that have changed too much.