Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

She's a handful!!

For some reason I always try my new plane additions around Gibraltar. So, this time it’s the Me-109 or Bf-109 Gustav. I already have the P-38 and the Spitfire Mk IX from Flying  Irons Simulations and both of them I can handle by now. 

Me-109-1.jpg 

Me-109-2.jpg

Ok, the good news is, I got her into the air. Not the way I wanted to, as can be seen from the picture. Luckily the runway here has lots of room on both sides and the plane was never intended to take off from anything but grass

Me-109-3.jpg 

Me-109-4.jpg

In the air she is easy on the stick, I love it

Me-109-5.jpg 

Me-109-6.jpg 

Me-109-7.jpg

Ok, now comes the hard part

Me-109-8.jpg

So far so good

Me-109-9.jpg

"Auf Wiedersehen!" What happened? I tried a gentle three-point landing, but as soon as I touched ground she swung around violently and went out of control. Oh well….I guess I need way more practice than with the Spitti. And on grass!! Somewhere I have read that due to the narrow undercarriage one third of all Bf-109 produced were not lost in combat, but during take-off and landing

Me-109-10.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Wunderbar, Bernd, now you have earned a good Bratwurst and Bier.

But: The rock looks so much more unrealistic than in FSX or P3D before. What might have happened there?

• Like 2

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

5 minutes ago, Stiller Water said:

Wunderbar, Bernd, now you have earned a good Bratwurst and Bier.

But: The rock looks so much more unrealistic than in FSX or P3D before. What might have happened there?

Many thanks, Gerold! And after having eaten the Bratwurst with a German beer I also found out, what went wrong during the landing: I had forgotten to lock the tailwheel. 🥵

I just did the flight again, with the tailwheel locked and I took off and landed on grass. Everything was fine now, this time including the landing. 😄  

I don't know with the rock. When I fly with Google map installed instead of Bing, it looks more or less the same.  

• Like 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Wunderschön shots Bernd! 🙂 

You could have done aerobatics like the immelmann...

I hope there're livery for this BF109 with swastikas on the tail.

• Like 2

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 hours ago, Stiller Water said:

I noticed that also, mine doesn't look like that.

@bernd1151 are you using any 3d party scenery here? something is wrong there...but the rest is top notch.

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Schliese mich an, klasse Shots Bernd 👍

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Cool shots Bernd.  Enjoy learning this plane.  Tail staggers were always too difficult for me.

• Like 3

Jack Sawyer

I think the yellow nose puts that BF 109 with a fighter squadron the bomber crews used to refer to as the dreaded Abbeville Kids stationed in France. Real terror to the bomber boys. 

Nope. Had to look it up. Not the Jagdgeschwader (JG) 26 "Schlageter".👍🙂

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Like 1

Vic green

3 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Wunderschön shots Bernd! 🙂 

You could have done aerobatics like the immelmann...

I hope there're livery for this BF109 with swastikas on the tail.

Many thanks, Will. I think there will be liveries with the swastika coming on the .to site, but I won't use them.

2 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I noticed that also, mine doesn't look like that.

@bernd1151 are you using any 3d party scenery here? something is wrong there...but the rest is top notch.

Thanks, Marques, I will check whether any add-on I have for North Africa will be responsible for this. I have no specific add-on for Gibraltar installed.

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Schliese mich an, klasse Shots Bernd 👍

cheers 😉

I'm glad you like them, buddy.

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Cool shots Bernd.  Enjoy learning this plane.  Tail staggers were always too difficult for me.

Many thanks my friend, I love this kind of challenge 🙂

53 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

I think the yellow nose puts that BF 109 with a fighter squadron the bomber crews used to refer to as the dreaded Abbeville Kids stationed in France. Real terror to the bomber boys. 

Nope. Had to look it up. Not the Jagdgeschwader (JG) 26 "Schlageter".👍🙂

Many thanks for the info. The aircraft.cfg just calls it Yellow 6, it could be of the JG27, but I'm not certain. The yellow tactical markings were used in order to reduce friendly fire incidents (similar to the Allied D-Day stripes). Some painted the entire cowling forward of the windshield yellow (which I like), while others just painted the undersides of the cowling. With the entire cowling painted yellow, I once read that American pilots said to eachother: "this guy thinks he is good, so he wants to be seen by his enemies".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Many thanks, Will. I think there will be liveries with the swastika coming on the .to site, but I won't use them.

Why? it's the emblem of the Luftwaffe 🙂 

• Like 1

t-l-chargement

13 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

No Will, not really, it was the emblem of the word not allowed party that was enforced on all military vehicles, not just the Luftwaffe, but also the navy and army. Yes, it's part of the plane's historical livery, but as I don't want to have anything to do with the word not allowed party or its emblems, I won't use this symbol. But of course that's something anybody has to decide for himself. If you want to use it, of course you are free to do so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

No Will, not really, it was the emblem of the word not allowed party that was enforced on all military vehicles, not just the Luftwaffe, but also the navy and army. Yes, it's part of the plane's historical livery, but as I don't want to have anything to do with the word not allowed party or its emblems, I won't use this symbol. But of course that's something anybody has to decide for himself. If you want to use it, of course you are free to do so.

Yeah indeed, Kriegsmarine, Wehrmacht, Einsantzgruppen, Waffen SS under the third Reich...

Yeah i know. 

• Like 2

t-l-chargement

On 6/15/2023 at 12:55 AM, Alaska738 said:

16 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

BTW using this symbol in Germany is officially forbidden. For good reason. So even on an international homepage like this, we Germans will not feel good to use such a livery.

• Like 3

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

11 hours ago, Stiller Water said:

BTW using this symbol in Germany is officially forbidden. For good reason. So even on an international homepage like this, we Germans will not feel good to use such a livery.

Ok i understand! But i'm not talking in real life, but rather in the simulation. It's well represented in video games like Wolfenstein, Sniper Elite or Call Of Duty. There's nothing to do with hatred, just a historical representation without being a word not allowed.

• Like 2

t-l-chargement

On 6/14/2023 at 7:57 AM, bernd1151 said:

"Auf Wiedersehen!" What happened? I tried a gentle three-point landing, but as soon as I touched ground she swung around violently and went out of control. Oh well….I guess I need way more practice than with the Spitti....

...🙂.... Three-Point landing with this handful of a fighter... needs guts in the SIM, Bernd...glad you gave it a shot...!

This is not like the 3-Pointer with a (docile) Piper Cub for sure...I do recall someone here who was giving me a couple of tips (from his practical experience) how to properly do a 3-pointer with the Cub...not sure if I ever could do it perfectly...though.......

On 6/14/2023 at 10:16 AM, bernd1151 said:

And after having eaten the Bratwurst with a German beer I also found out, what went wrong during the landing: I had forgotten to lock the tailwheel. 🥵

Yes, that classic cuisine/combo would have surely helped you ace your landing, Bernd...🙂...

BTW, there are a few authentic Bavarian restaurants around here...The last time I'd visited one with colleagues, I'd ordered a German "gumbo" of some sort, of unidentified meats and sausages (you can tell I'm not a knowledgeable connoisseur about German cuisine...🙂...), but it was "tasty" nonetheless.... went well with a German Beer and Sauerkraut...who needs any other vegetables...🙂...?

Jokes aside, this is a very interesting post, aided by equally interesting comments. An appealing set of lovely pictures, to boot, of this timeless classic...

Thanks for sharing...!!

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 3