Sign in to follow this  
charliearon

OK! I'm in!

As long as it fits in my garage! 🚙

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

"A company video (at top) shows the Model A coming up to a traffic obstruction, going into lift mode, hurdling the obstacle, landing back on the highway and driving off, while the other cars are stuck in gridlock. Whether that’ll be legal or not remains to be seen. "

https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/alef-aeronautics-flying-car-automobile-helicopter-1234767080/ 

• Upvote 1

Dugald Walker

43 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

"A company video (at top) shows the Model A coming up to a traffic obstruction, going into lift mode, hurdling the obstacle, landing back on the highway and driving off, while the other cars are stuck in gridlock. Whether that’ll be legal or not remains to be seen. "

https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/alef-aeronautics-flying-car-automobile-helicopter-1234767080/

Yeah!  Funny that these articles or videos never mention if doing something like that will be legal!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

And with a top speed of 35 mph, you won't be able to go on expressways even if you wanted to.

It will look really impressive in your driveway, though.

• Upvote 1

Dugald Walker

9 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

And with a top speed of 35 mph,

Hmmm. I gathered that 35 was the top speed when airborne.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Hmmm. I gathered that 35 was the top speed when airborne.

You may be right. It says "the initial top speed of 35 mph will comply with regulations for low-speed electric vehicles." Does that mean airborne vehicles like ultralights?

Dugald Walker

Possibly so. I am puzzled by the disparity between the sales price of the " Alef Model A" at $300k and the other "Z" model under development at only $35k! That just doesn't seem possible!

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

If you saw how the fools drive their cars here in Texas you wouldn't be so enthusiastic about having these same knuckleheads flying above you.🙂 

• Upvote 2

NAX669.png

37 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

And with a top speed of 35 mph

Since it says that only a drone license is needed to fly it, maybe 35 MPH is a drone's top speed in flight??

Charlie Aron

"payload limit 200 pounds including passenger and luggage". 

Alef may be sued for fat shaming its customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

7 minutes ago, charliearon said:

maybe 35 MPH is a drone's top speed in flight??

"The fastest commercial drone ever released is the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro. It has a top speed of 70 mph."

Apparently the speed limit is 100 mph

Dugald Walker

The ideal car for a police chase.  Just fly over the stop sticks!  😈

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 minute ago, Bob Scott said:

The ideal car for a police chase.  Just fly over the stop sticks!

At first, I thought the car at 0:32 was flying over a tollbooth.

Dugald Walker

4 hours ago, mwilk said:

If you saw how the fools drive their cars here in Texas you wouldn't be so enthusiastic about having these same knuckleheads flying above you.🙂 

Yeah, I agree. I was just thinking about how bad the drivers are here in the metroplex.

Something weird seems to be going on where a lot of people seem to have trouble going at least the speed limit. That’s like 80% of the issue I see. Then you have the yahoos in the Chargers, Mustangs, and other American muscle cars that treat the road like a racetrack, GTA, or Fast and Furious and go like 30mph over the limit and weave in and out of traffic. 

I also can’t forgive the fact that the old unwritten rule about the left lane being the “fast lane” has been forgotten. Can’t tell you how many times I see people in the left lane going like 10-20 mph under the limit and refuse to move over. 

The severely slow, way under the speed limit driver is what gets me the most since it’s the most common. Nothing more annoying that getting on the 183 toll going between Dallas and FTW, where the posted speed is 75 and it goes to one lane and you get stuck behind someone going 60 for no apparent reason. 

• Like 2

Oh heck no with the way people drive today. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals