Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Interesting Youtube channel with P3dV6 content...

YouTuber Adam J Pestridge - YouTube

Just learned P3d V6 supports 8k resolution !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

He seems to be just about the only one to post V6 content yet. 

This one caught my interest a bit. He's only on an old 1080Ti so frames aren't that good but I think it looked quite good. Sure would like to see a video from a beefier PC with a 4090 and what can be achieved then. I think I might get this TBH. Would be nice to take my Q400 for a spin. 

P3Dv6 Default Airplane and Airport - YouTube

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

That's quite the impressive mixed collection he has.  His passion for P3D certainly seems unwavering.  I'll definitely be browsing his catalogue.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good on him!

Strike while the iron is hot as the P3D underdog!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 7/5/2023 at 5:18 AM, GoranM said:

That's quite the impressive mixed collection he has.  His passion for P3D certainly seems unwavering.  I'll definitely be browsing his catalogue.

Goran, would you consider releasing a Sundowner for P3d v6 😉

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Goran, would you consider releasing a Sundowner for P3d v6 😉

Never say never.

• Like 2

I don’t know… he is all over PMDG forum being belligerent about their decision not to work on v6 for the foreseeable future. But I do enjoy some of his content. Tonight after work I will be getting v6 and installing my Q400 into it. So far it looks like that will be the only add on I will have in P3D. I certainly don’t need to keep v5 - most aircraft I had that interested me is either already in MSFS or will be there soon. I know Majestic will be too, but right now it’s a good reason to have P3D… just to have all 3 platforms running. Will also be picking up XP12 tonight and installing my A350 and Tolis 747. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Is there anybody else with any good P3D content out there?

Apparently, no 😞

Main Simulation Rig:

I may have something on my YouTube channel within the day or two. Just bought it and installing now. If there are any requests of what you guys want to see, please let me know. 

Mind you, not doing any "hacks"... no unsupported software, which means it stays vanilla except for Majestic Q400

Edited by BostonJeremy77
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I may have something on my YouTube channel within the day or two. Just bought it and installing now. If there are any requests of what you guys want to see, please let me know. 

Mind you, not doing any "hacks"... no unsupported software, which means it stays vanilla except for Majestic Q400

Final approach to LPPT 02 and if possible 20 too

And also final LPMN 03 🙂

and Final LPMA 05

Eheheheh 

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

On 7/4/2023 at 10:22 AM, jcomm said:

YouTuber Adam J Pestridge - YouTube

Just learned P3d V6 supports 8k resolution !!!

On 7/4/2023 at 8:17 PM, Swe_Richard said:

He seems to be just about the only one to post V6 content yet. 

This one caught my interest a bit. He's only on an old 1080Ti so frames aren't that good but I think it looked quite good. Sure would like to see a video from a beefier PC with a 4090 and what can be achieved then. I think I might get this TBH. Would be nice to take my Q400 for a spin. 

P3Dv6 Default Airplane and Airport - YouTube

I watched Pestridge's video's yesterday and decided to go for the upgrade. After downloading and installing PD3v6, I went through his recommended settings and configured as he suggested. My frame rates (unlocked) are around 60 with my new build. The graphics are amazing. I'm importing my Orbx Scenery, AC and plugins with no big issues thus far. 

Pretty cool. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

21 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

How about importing existing v5 add-ons and AC? I'm doing that now. But, I'm sure that is of interest to others as well. 

Edited by Beckanator
Grammer
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

2 hours ago, Beckanator said:

How about importing existing v5 add-ons and AC? I'm doing that now. But, I'm sure that is of interest to others as well. 

Thing is, I don't believe in making something work that isn't wanted to work there... like PMDG, FSLabs, etc... They won't support it, so it's a dead product in my eyes unless they commit. Majestic is the only one right now. They may work, but it requires too much effort on the consumer side to do it. Also, why would I want to have my PMDG 737 flying in P3D when I have it in MSFS? FSLabs? I have the Fenix, which is using Prosim. Q400 is unique cause it doesn't exist elsewhere... XP included - FJS hasn't upgraded their fleet to XP 12. P3D is a vanilla sim for now (and likely for good)... I still want to have it to play with it. I will tell you that the performance of v6 is superior to that of 5.4. I can use higher settings on my laptop with 16 Gb of RAM and a 6 GB 2060. I have things at Very Dense and resolution is bumped up all the way. I still get 30 FPS. So that's good. But am I gonna hack MilViz birds into it? Nah. 

• Upvote 1