Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Cessna 310 R Update

Got this, this morning in an email. In case you didn't get it.

Version 1.9.6 – July 7 2023

New Feature
-----------

The FDE has been revised to not require quite so much power on final.
Load stations and CG have been modified to closer match the real aircraft.
Cameras have been modified to accomodate the revision of the CG.

You'll notice the different camera view right away, the default pilot
view is further back and a bit lower, we'd like your feedback on this change.

The aircraft should be a little less stressful to land with considerably
less power required to maintain speed on final. There's slightly more lift
during the flare.   A side effect of these changes is that the nose wheel
steering at higher speeds requires a bit more attention than before.

Adjustments
-----------

- Elevator trim effectiveness has been adjusted to make each increment
  do less movement.  This has the side effect of making the AP less effective in the
  pitch channel so big adjustments to pitch by the AP will take a bit longer to
  accomplish.  Also, the indicator position has been moved up 20% to better
  reflect the actual setting.

- Several relatively minor model fixes are also incorporated in this release.

- Changes to the way the avionics suites are handled are included with this
  SP.  Better integration with the latest WT changes to the base 530/430 and
  KAP-140 autopilot is a result.  See "Notes on Avionics Configurations" below
  for more details.

Bug Fixes
---------

Fixed: Brake damage is not saved and restored. (This affected other damage too.)
Fixed: Prop switching back to max fine setting after landing with feathered prop.
Fixed: Dirt is not accumulating on the airframe.
Fixed: After recovery from a stall the AP will no longer work.
Fixed: Engine does not actually fail when it should based on damage.

This release contains a code fix that addresses a potential timing
issue that could be causing some of the save/restore state issues that have
been reported.  I was never able to reproduce this issue with any regularity
so please if you've had problems with save/restore in 'owned' mode, see if
they are any better or have gone away.

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

The camera view for me is way too far aft. Can this be adjusted from Camera.cfg ? 

https://ibb.co/12Cwwtq

Yes, not at home right now but from what I remember in the camera.cfg there should be a line called "InitialXyz - XX.X, XX.X, XX.X" or whatever. Pretty sure Z is the distance forward/back.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

3 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

Yes, not at home right now but from what I remember in the camera.cfg there should be a line called "InitialXyz - XX.X, XX.X, XX.X" or whatever. Pretty sure Z is the distance forward/back.

Makes you wonder how they miss this!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The default camera position is not that different to before for me. I don't use the set views, just pan around with my hat switch, if that makes a difference. I think it's a good update. Landing feels so much more realistic now.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Greetings!

Sorry to sound like a rube, but is this a update/replacement for the MilViz C310R? I got the email regarding the update, but while the MilViz C310 folder is within my Community folder, I don't see the BBS_C310R_*** folder anywhere.

Do I removed the Milviz C310R folder from the Community folder and replace it with the BBS_C310R?

Thanks,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

They did allude in the notes that the view was a change they were seeking feedback for.

Cockpit default views are easily changed in the sim using the camera controls and then the command set VFR view (I think that’s it…not in front of my computer right now…it’s set to ctrl-alt-v for me).

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

The camera view for me is way too far aft. Can this be adjusted from Camera.cfg ? 

https://ibb.co/12Cwwtq

Says in the update, that they want feedback if you are not happy with the new camera view. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

Greetings!

Sorry to sound like a rube, but is this a update/replacement for the MilViz C310R? I got the email regarding the update, but while the MilViz C310 folder is within my Community folder, I don't see the BBS_C310R_*** folder anywhere.

Do I removed the Milviz C310R folder from the Community folder and replace it with the BBS_C310R?

Thanks,

Scott

Milviz has recommended in the past to uninstall the old version in windows and then just install the latest version. 

Thanks Bob!

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Says in the update, that they want feedback if you are not happy with the new camera view. 

I know, I did that. I think what St. Mawgan has stated about not using set views makes sense to me. Maybe I should delete my set views. 

2 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

The default camera position is not that different to before for me. I don't use the set views, just pan around with my hat switch, if that makes a difference. I think it's a good update. Landing feels so much more realistic now.

This make sense to me not having the set views making the difference.  Maybe I should delete my set views. 

I just fired up the C 310, and the views from cockpit look fine. 

Did you have saved cockpit views? 

I have no custom views, only default. When I look left or right using the hat switch, the top part of my canopy disappears and I’m in the open air!  
I don’t remember that prior to this update. 

Oh well…back in the hanger with this one. Pity. 

-B