Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

A2A Simrate issue?

I am not using VR just a flat screen. Why does it seem that the Commanche is very slow across the ground even though airspeed shows 150 or so. Also on final it seems very slow but airspeed looks correct. Just wondering if it is just me. The plane simply astonishing....

Chris Chiozza

it's just you.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

24 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

I am not using VR just a flat screen. Why does it seem that the Commanche is very slow across the ground even though airspeed shows 150 or so. Also on final it seems very slow but airspeed looks correct. Just wondering if it is just me. The plane simply astonishing....

Is it just the Comanche or it happens with all planes? If it happens with all you may have unwillingly decreased MSFS sim rate. Check it's set to x1.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

The air speed indicator is in mph, so if it says 150 you're really only doing about 130 knots.  Or maybe you had a big headwind?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

it's just you.

Glad you wasted time on the response..🤣

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Glad you wasted time on the response..🤣

always funny how people cannot enjoy some jokes..some are wayyy to serious here.

and yuo wasted time also, lol

• Like 1

This fantastic mod will display you current sim rate plus a bunch of other great stuff 

https://de.flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

This fantastic mod will display you current sim rate plus a bunch of other great stuff 

https://de.flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats

Yes, I use it here. There is also this one to change the sim rate (https://flightsim.to/file/45543/sim-rate-selector) but as I never change it I don't use it. I always fly with the normal sim rate.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

14 minutes ago, wim123 said:

always funny how people cannot enjoy some jokes..some are wayyy to serious here.

and yuo wasted time also, lol

Always funny how people always enjoy this king of "jokes" when it's not them asking for help because they have a problem. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Alvega

The best thing to do with what you think is a joke on an international forum, is keep it to yourself.
There is a very wide spectrum of cultures here and it is even possible, as in this case, that what
might have been meant to be funny, but also was a direct answer to the direct question, was
apparently taken as an insult.
A little latitude can go a long way, as can a little consideration before posting a reply.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, cchiozza said:

I apologize for rubbing against the burr under you saddle! You wondered if it was the plane, or, "Just wondering if it is just me." I answered within your parameters. Next time I'll try to refrain from doing anything. 

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Maybe to get this back on track, and without prejudice to anything written previously in this thread, but the speed feels and my sense of it seems accurate. 

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

7 hours ago, Alvega said:

Yes, I use it here. There is also this one to change the sim rate (https://flightsim.to/file/45543/sim-rate-selector) but as I never change it I don't use it. I always fly with the normal sim rate.

Thanks for the help, seriously it just seemed as though I was floating and barely moving. That was my point. In the 172 at slower speed it seems to be faster "feeling" than in the 250. 

Chris Chiozza

1 minute ago, cchiozza said:

Thanks for the help, seriously it just seemed as though I was floating and barely moving. That was my point. In the 172 at slower speed it seems to be faster "feeling" than in the 250. 

Hmm, if the 172 is ok then it isn't the sim rate. Did it happen only in one flight? If so it could be the wind.

Alvega

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Hmm, if the 172 is ok then it isn't the sim rate. Did it happen only in one flight? If so it could be the wind.

I am testing out again. I just don't remember the 250 being slow in PD3D, so it very well could be just my judgment. Thanks

Chris Chiozza