Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

XP12 is growing on 737NG - now he's on the 346...

On 7/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, jcomm said:

Well,

It is always subjective, ofc, specially when it comes to hand flying, weather effects modelling, etc... But I do retain the important opinions these pilots, 737NG, Easyjetsimpilot, flightdeck2sim, Magnar ( really like this one in particular ), V1-Simulations, as well as some really nice youtube channels by aerodynamicists : Flight Model Review

They're all important to evaluate some aspects of the addons we use, given we do not fly them for real...

As a glider pilot, I have my own view of the simulators I have tried along my simmer life... and should I have the skills and patience to become a youtuber, I would gladly try to give my views too, trying as much as possible to be unbiased ...

Fascinating. In another thread where helicopters were being discussed, you gave us the impression that the only opinion that mattered to you was your own. It is nice to know that you do value the opinions of RW pilots in........some favorable situations........

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Fascinating. In another thread where helicopters were being discussed, you gave us the impression that the only opinion that mattered to you was your own. It is nice to know that you do value the opinions of RW pilots in........some favorable situations........

In that same thread, if you care to check, I made an EDIT comment saying that based on a youtube channel by a RW heli pilot who was praising the FM of the S300 I had decided to buy it.... to better evaluate it's quality.

I did so, and have been flying around with it and further posted in that same thread some comments about my experience, namely that I found this helicopter by Nemeth the most appealing among the default and the two FlyInside models I also own for MFS 2020.

And OFC I always give credit to opinions from RW pilots, although I take care to filter any bias, we all have...

This being said, I should also point out that when flying helicopters, and actually any aircraft, in X-Plane, I feel this sim models the "feel of flight" more plausibly overall. 

I haven't bought the A2A Comanche for MFS 2020, but then again, it doesn't even use MFS's core FM, so... based on my past experience with their models for FSX I am sure it'll be very good.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Hmmmm,

something tells me Emmanuel is slowly falling "in Love" with XP12 and the great Airbuses by Toliss ...

He knows better - after all he's getting his type rating in the 330 right now 🙂

Great to see a real world pilot / professional that joins the group of real world pilots / professionals that find XP12 really an interesting platform, specially when use with the right addons.

ToLiss A340-600 MUC-LHR | Realworld Scenery & Addons | Real Airline Pilot - YouTube

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

27 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Great to see a real world pilot / professional that joins the group of real world pilots / professionals that find XP12 really an interesting platform, specially when use with the right addons.

You can make a long list of things that X-Plane needs to improve or might be missing but one thing you can never take away from it, is that X-Plane magic, how it feels to fly and use, it's second to none - He might be experiencing some of it 👍

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 hours ago, Sethos said:

You can make a long list of things that X-Plane needs to improve or might be missing but one thing you can never take away from it, is that X-Plane magic, how it feels to fly and use, it's second to none - He might be experiencing some of it 👍

I've been following this guy's videos a bit, plus Q8 Pilot recently showing the HotStart CL650, seeing comments it's the best simulated plane period, so to me presumably it's also within the best sim. 

I only used FSX SE until recently, but then got MSFS 2020 as well. I don't have X Plane yet, but getting edgy, feel like I'm missing something. Needless to say I'm not entirely happy with MSFS. Although not entirely disappointed either, it looks and works quite allright, it just doesn't feel quite that right. I still like my PMDG 747 in FSX much better than anything I've tried in MSFS. 

Scenery seems to be only part of the bigger picture. How a sim feels is important too. X Plane 12 seems to have very good scenery anyway. Weird, a couple of months ago all I was seeing was X Plane and P3D are already dead etc. MSFS is the only way to go. But it seems nothing could be further from the truth.

So, to get started, is a mouse and a joystick ok for X Plane? If MSFS runs ok on medium to medium/high settings regarding graphics, FPS and such, would XP12 with say this A340 or the CL650 be likely to run similarly well? I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone on here. Thanks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Antipodeslonghaul said:

So, to get started, is a mouse and a joystick ok for X Plane? If MSFS runs ok on medium to medium/high settings regarding graphics, FPS and such, would XP12 with say this A340 or the CL650 be likely to run similarly well? I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone on here. Thanks.

Hi and welcome. The best is to download the free version that will allow you to use it fully during 15 minutes (you then have to restart it to enjoy it any more 15 minutes). I think the performance varies a lot. I would say that in overall it's not perfectly optimised yet. But some users report having same fps as with MSFS. Other have much worst ones...you really should try the free version first.. One important recommandation: don't put the FXAA/FSAA slider above 2x to start with, although you have a very good system. The settings on the left are the ones that will be affected by the GPU, the ones on the right by the CPU. I hope you can find the best mix that works for you. And Laminar have stated that there will soon be more performance-optimisations coming.

Edited by Franz007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

We have a convert 🙂

737 NG is DEFINITELY falling for XP12 and the Tolisses 🙂

ToLiss A320NEO First Flight | Paris CDG - Brussels | X-Plane 12 | Real Airline Pilot - YouTube

Nothing I wouldn't expect from a PROFESSIONAL and rather unbiased youtuber ... 

OFC he's not alone... Flightdeck2sim has long been saying the exact same regarding that special "feel of flight" that X-Plane offers so well.

I'm an MFS convert myself, playing MFS 95% of my simmer time, but I have no doubt about what to answer or which sim to pick when the question is - which one does flight dynamics and feel of flight better ? It's, among the general purpose flightsims I used recently undoubtedly X-Plane 12.

I find myself loading a Toliss, or even the FF A320 U which got significantly better in it's latest update, or pretty much any helicopter, freeware or payware, specially after a chopper session in MFS 2020 - it's a detox escape 🙂

X-Plane + good addon = Best feel of Flight, aerodynamics... 

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

When LOVE takes over....

BSS A320neo Soundpack! PW1133G | MUC-ZRH | Real Airline Pilot - YouTube

But I still prefer Kelly Rowland to XP12 + Toliss... Sorry Austin 😕

David Guetta Feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over (Official Video) - YouTube

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

On 7/31/2023 at 12:12 PM, jcomm said:

something tells me Emmanuel is slowly falling "in Love" with XP12 and the great Airbuses by Toliss ...

Well, of course, we should all bow low to a real world pilot. Especially those who spend the majority of their time churning out YouTube videos. I wonder what he's after? Could it be $? 😂

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Well, of course, we should all bow low to a real world pilot. Especially those who spend the majority of their time churning out YouTube videos. I wonder what he's after? Could it be $? 😂

Maybe that too, as a compensation for the time he spends recording his tutorials. Nothing wrong with it, specially for me who never paid for any of those channels and can still profit from their content.

What really matters to me, above all, is listening and watching tests run by simmers who happen to also operate the aircraft they use in the sim in their RL activities / jobs...

He's not alone, as a commercial pilot praising the quality of X-Plane's flight dynamics and systems modelling specially when coupled with certain addons, some freeware, as you surely know...

Another simmer and commercial / airline pilot makes several comparisons between a freeware 737 for XP12 and a similar payware for MFS 2020, sowing in his videos how much closer to the real thing, based on his own experience as an active pilot, not even associated with any developer or platform, XP12 can be. 

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

31 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Well, of course, we should all bow low to a real world pilot

Especially the rusty/crusty ATPs.

As for the bling he must be running after, is it possible his 2020 crowd isn't paying the bills?? I kind of doubt it. I still don't get what he stands to gain with these XP vids. No complaints here though. It's all just confirming my bias!

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

As much as in this video he easily identifies the many inconsistencies in the modelling of the default A330:

Let's fly the A330! How well does the default X-Plane 12 A330 perform? | Real Airline Pilot - YouTube

Main Simulation Rig:

On 8/4/2023 at 6:51 AM, jarmstro said:

Relative to the ATPs I know (particularly the ones who are years on in their career, as he is), the "income" from YouTube is a pittance, at best.

Some people just like to share information & perspective, for a myriad of reasons.

• Upvote 1