Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

FSX Expansion Pack at Circuit City? $17.99 ????

Guest unitedpilot36

Figures, the nearest CC is in Boise and I'm not driving 15 miles to save a few bucks.Nice find though.

Sorry about that Chris, I went back and looked and they are also selling the FSX Standard Flight Sim for $17.99 also, what gives? As far as driving to get it I will drive about 100 miles roundtrip to Tallahasee,Fl to pick it up, not because I need to but it gives me a chance to get out for a few hours. I may pick up a couple at that price...Blue Skies!Oh, I forgot to mention I really do not want to wait until Chrsitmas to get FSX SP2, it comes with Expansion pack now.

Guest unitedpilot36

We'll see how anxious I am Tuesday. I may swing by there, I only wish there was a CC here in Nampa. We have every other store under the sun, just not the one with the awesome deal. lol

I was just thinking even with the 2 day mailing charge at that price you will still be under the $29.99 most others are charging, and plus you save the gas and the drive LOL

>Figures, the nearest CC is in Boise and I'm not driving 15>miles to save a few bucks.>>Nice find though.I thought Americans thought nothing of driving 300 miles just to get some milk. :-lol

Circuit City seems to always undercut the competition with FS releases!When FSX came out last year, I picked up the Deluxe version for somewhere around $30 or $40, when every one else was selling the FSX Deluxe for $69.Thanks for the heads up!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

>>I thought Americans thought nothing of driving 300 miles just>to get some milk. :-lol There are remote places where you almost have to drive that far. :)I know people in Kansas have to drive sometmes 30-40 miles to get to a store. When I was in Germany I could walk anywhere I needed to locally. Not so in America, distances are too great.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>Figures, the nearest CC is in Boise and I'm not driving 15 miles to save a few bucks.:)Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

We used to before gas prices started going up x( Of course, it's all relative. I paid $2.45/gal yesterday in Southern New Jersey and I see it's $3.15 or so in Los Angeles.Oh well, Circuit City is right up the street and on the way home from work Tuesday, I'll check it out. Hope they have it. Regards,Jim Karn

ya, I know, I saw it in the paper this morning. What a good deal! It's wierd it's on sale when it's only it's first day of release. Whats up with that?

Guest unitedpilot36

>Now that's funny, but think about it this way. First, that's>not even a gallon of gas or even a ten minute drive unless>you're driving one of those ridiculous v12 hemi big trucks. >Second, you live in Idaho, it's pretty much all country if I'm>not mistaken, the drive can't be that bad, imagine living in>NYC or LA and driving fifteen miles in just the city, that I>could understand. Third, I drive 15+ miles just to get a good>pizza every once in a while. You're saving 13 bucks according>to CC, I would do it. :)I'll probably go get it, I'm a little anxious for SP2 tbh. I drive a sonata so gas mileage is good, just don't enjoy the traffic in Boise. But 13 bucks saved might be worth the trip.

I read recently that the average cost per mile to operate a car based on current gas prices is 42 cents. If that's true, the cost to drive 15 miles up there and 15 miles back would be $12.60.We may all have to re-think our driving habits if that is good information.Dewey

Joey, I have been trying to figure out the same thing and I have a theory and I might as well put it out now. Based on past prices, most of Microsoft products are pretty much sold in the same price range. Maybe they have given CC the ok to sell at this price to set a price as to what people will pay, in other words: Do you sell more at CC for 17.99 or more at BB for 29.99? That is my guess. Also it seems odd that they have FSX also at $17.99,,,Just thinking out loud!