Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

Via Aamir and the Fenix Discord:

@everyone - V1.5.1.198 is now available via the Fenix website dashboard!

In-App update will be pushed shortly 🙂

In anticipation of V2B1, a couple of recommendations for smooth sailing:

- Reset your stick's sensitivity curves to linear, that is what we've built the FM/FBW/handling around
- You can put icing back on, it should work about as well as it can in MSFS right now. No visual icing yet... yet...
- Turbulence slider down to medium based on IRL pilot feedback, hoping we can uncover some voodoo for better control on this in the future.
- Using any cockpit texture mod can and will have a negative impact on performance. Please try vanilla .196 first to see how you get on, as we've made some optimisations and changes.
- Lastly, consider taking the extra effort to do a clean install: Start Menu > Searchbar > Add/Remove Programs > find and uninstall Fenix A320. Delete any Fenix folders left in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Data, then run the new .196 installer.

EDIT:  Changelog

https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2023-08-10_v2_changelog/

Edited by btacon
  • Like 12

„Reset your stick's sensitivity curves to linear“

Everything to 0? doesn’t this depend on the joystick?

From Daves page on Fenix Discord. \

Hey guys, in anticipation of V2B1, a couple of recommendations for smooth sailing:

- Reset your stick's sensitivity curves to linear, that is what we've built the FM/FBW/handling around
- You can put icing back on, it should work about as well as it can in MSFS right now. No visual icing yet... yet...
- Turbulence slider down to medium based on IRL pilot feedback, hoping we can uncover some voodoo for better control on this in the future.
- Using any cockpit texture mod can and _will_ have a negative impact on performance. Please try vanilla .196 first to see how you get on, as we've made some optimisations and changes.
- Lastly, consider taking the extra effort to do a clean install: Start Menu > Search bar > Add/Remove Programs > find and uninstall Fenix A320. Delete any Fenix folders left in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Data, then run the new .198 installer.

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Wohoo! Now let's bet it works with the SU13 beta ....

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Think they mentioned earlier that PAX capacity will be increased with this version. They planned to give Simbrief a new profile but not sure if that happened yet

1 minute ago, mrlip said:

Think they mentioned earlier that PAX capacity will be increased with this version. They planned to give Simbrief a new profile but not sure if that happened yet

I am on a flight now, and Simbrief says 180 passengers. 

the 4090 and a fenix new version all in the same day, someone wake me up ! lol

• Like 9

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am on a flight now, and Simbrief says 180 passengers. 

Yep just seen confirmation on Discord that it was updated already

2 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

I got a 4090 about 4 months ago, it’s been the best piece of hardware I’ve ever purchased for my sim. I can get 70fps at KJFK on the 738 and it’s so smooth. 

• Like 4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

And don't forget new Airac from Navigraph is updated today too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I got a 4090 about 4 months ago, it’s been the best piece of hardware I’ve ever purchased for my sim. I can get 70fps at KJFK on the 738 and it’s so smooth. 

Did you have to change PSU too?

• Like 1

yeah had a 750 , got a 1000 just to be sure and a corsair 12v cable too

i would show you a picture if i knew how to upload one lol

Edited by sonny147
  • Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

5 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

yeah had a 750 , got a 1000 just to be sure and a corsair 12v cable too

i would show you a picture if i knew how to upload one lol

https://imgur.com/

Edited by Bobsk8

Wooo Hoooo!!

Can't wait to try out the new version. Just got it un/reinstalled. Time to go flying!!

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11