Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

16 minutes ago, MadDog said:

Is anyone else having problems getting the Fenix App to automatically load with the sim?  I've checked my exe.xml file and FenixBootstrapper.exe is where it should be and I've excluded all of the Fenix folders/executables from Windows Defender; but it refuses to load automatically.  Note that if I start the app manually, it starts up fine... not sure what the issue is.

I did see the following in the latest patch notes:

○    Inhibited Fenix auto-launch after installation

... but I assumed that only applied once after the initial install.  Am I wrong?

Think it's just the classic exe.xml issue, where it stops loading stuff automatically. There's a long thread over on the official forum about it, with no real solution. Some people are resorting to creating .bat files that starts the programs they need and then MSFS.

I had the issue at some point. I opened the file in Notepad++ (needs to be N++ or another clean text editor that shows and respects encoding), made a space at the end and deleted it again, just so it saw I had 'edited' the document and the save button showed up. Did that and it worked again, which might have saved it in a proper encoding format or something.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

With my last flight loading the Fenix A320 in the Sim this was working fine for me..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I got a new problem unfortunately a lot more complex I think.  I thought all was good and this morning I was setting off on an SEA-SLC flight.  All was well until I programmed the FMC.  I am not a complex person so I just set "Direct To" SLC.  As soon as I activated it the plane went stupid again.  I had no control and all of the gauges froze.  No Control of the AP.  At first I thought the whole sim froze but it was only when I tried to use the FMC that it became a problem.

Before V2 this was never an issue!

Just now, longhaul747 said:

I got a new problem unfortunately a lot more complex I think.  I thought all was good and this morning I was setting off on an SEA-SLC flight.  All was well until I programmed the FMC.  I am not a complex person so I just set "Direct To" SLC.  As soon as I activated it the plane went stupid again.  I had no control and all of the gauges froze.  No Control of the AP.  At first I thought the whole sim froze but it was only when I tried to use the FMC that it became a problem.

Before V2 this was never an issue!

That sounds like a system crash - can you PM me your logs folder available here: ProgramData/Fenix/

Aamir Thacker

On my last flight I had to manually log in to the Fenix app which was a first for me.  Once I did all was good though.

Loving the update, well done @Aamir and team!

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

58 minutes ago, regis9 said:

On my last flight I had to manually log in to the Fenix app which was a first for me.  Once I did all was good though.

Loving the update, well done @Aamir and team!

I get that all the time. Maybe one out of three sessions the Fenix app wants me to enter the login data.

I wonder if this is by design, is a bug or something wrong on my system.

My only pet peeve with this otherwise fantastic addon.

Edited by RALF9636

17 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I get that all the time. Maybe one out of three sessions the Fenix app wants me to enter the login data.

Should be automatic, I never log in anything, just once when I bought the aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

same for me, really annoying!