Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

longhaul747

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by longhaul747

  1. Tonight on my return leg from PSP back to SEA everything went smoothly until on final. I seem to get a WASM crash as soon as I lower the flaps. Not sure if it makes any difference but the when the screens go orange it indicates some sort of WASM failure in the panel folder. I cleared it all out and installed it the way they say to do it. I even tried the utility provided by FSS. I don't know? I think it needs a lot more work! Now I have a theory that this so called 1.0 build was rushed in response to the rumor that Inibuilds might be doing the E-Jets. I know it is tin foil hat stuff but this so called build felt very rushed. When they mentioned the other day that 1.0 was close I was expecting at least next month yet it arrives literally a few days or so later! Also not impressed with the least that all the past repaints I have no longer work. If this was disclosed I probably would not have installed the 1.0 build until compatibility is either made or painters get caught back up. For now thought I need to get this WASM issue resolved. I seem to remember I had to clear out something else last time not really published. Might be some WASM stuff located in the E175 folder itself that needs to be cleared. I know I had it bad during one of the Experimental builds and I fixed it by clearing one of them.
  2. I find the default A330 to be mostly okay for the type of flying I do. Some bugs and it would be nice to see it updated at some point. My biggest issue is the last of a PW model. Seems like an odd oversight to me. Hopefully we can get a version 2 of the model at some point that is more feature complete and has PW engines. It is my understanding that Inibuilds would certainly like to do a V2 but hands are tied by Asobo. Curious if they have bothered asking if they could update them? Not sure I am a fan of these major developers making default planes for FS2024. Seems when this happens we get a water downed model that can't updated easily!
  3. Update....I had a WASM crash on final approach into PSP the second I tried to lower the flaps. Even though I cleared the WASM when deleting the plane and deleted the plane and reinstalling it using the Contrail app I still got a WASM crash. I just downloaded the FSS Support App and used that to clear the WASM folder and uninstalled and reinstalled the model again. Hopefully that works? I had bad WASM crashes on one of the previous builds and clearing the WASM manually fixed it. Hopefully this time the FSS Suport App cleared whatever else might be hiding in there causing the problem.
  4. Just about done with my SEA-PSP flight and so far it has been 100% stable. I can't really comment on the systems depth since I usually keep it simple most of the time but so far what I have noticed is working nicely. It did seem a bit picky getting it to lock into the Nav track. The button was not doing anything and when I manually got it right on the track the Nav button would finely click on and fly the route. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or if it is some sort of issue? In the past as long as you are heading in the right direction and not far away from the programmed course it would just fly to it by pressing on the Nav button. After my flight is complete I am going to dig in and see why my repaints are not working? In the past even FS2020 only repaints worked fine in FS2024. Since this update all you get is all white textures. The model loads but not the textures you are looking for. Interestingly those white textures are detailed so it is loading something but not the textures you are looking for. This is just pure theory based on no facts but I am thinking some sort of layering issue with the model. It loads default textures fine but not any sort of repaint. I hope I can get them to work because it seems historically when a model update requires new painting it takes forever for the painters to catch back up. In many cases paints out there never get updated at all even on much more popular models like the PMDG 737's. From what I have read they really did not update the model much so I am kind of surprised they don't work. Eventually they plan a native FS2024 model and that one might just require updated paint jobs but I don't think it needs it yet.
  5. I just downloaded and installed the new update (V1.0 or technically 1.01 addressing an activation issue). Overall it looks good and the model seems to be a tad more detailed and I see more detail inside the cockpit. Some of the lines look nice and clean now whereas before I was getting some strange ghosting affect that has improved over several updates but still there until this latest build. At this time I can't comment on how it flies or any additional detail on the enhancements that have been made. That will come tomorrow when I fly SEA-PSP in the E175. Only negative that I see is previously most of my repaints for FS2020 worked in FS2024 on this model. However with this latest update none of my older for FS2020 repaints are working. Even some supposedly FS2024 repaints are not currently working. They either updated the model and it will require a host of new repaints or I am overlooking something.
  6. Version 1.0.9A is out and I am amazed performance is pretty solid now. Always room for improvement and I am sure they will continue to tweak it but it runs pretty smoothly on my system. They also implemented some other fixes that help improve things. Overall it is coming along nicely! One thing they have not fixed yet is some of the quality of life issues. I really hope they implemented some EFB configuration settings that allow enjoyment of the product on somewhat more conventional systems. On my set up the rudder is backwards. Yeah it fixable but you have to be careful that you don't mess up anything else and this is the only plane with the issue so it's just odd. Another issue is for those that control thrust with the keyboard. I tried some of the workarounds but they did not exactly give me the desired results. I tried setting up a botton on my joystick that activates the thrust reversers and I got it working but it is kind of difficult to manage while you are trying to do everything else. A simple option that allows you to hold down the F2 Key and the thrust reversers engage just like pretty much every other jet out there would work for me. Shame on me for using a keyboard for some functions but I have a feeling I am not alone and this plane is basically almost useless trying to control basic functions using a keyboard. I am confident eventually they will make it right..I hope!
  7. I got the nose gear steering and rudder issue fixed. Looks like they have a new option or it was always there and was properly configured before called Keyboard Flight Controls or something similar to that. When this is enabled I finely have use of my rudders and ground steering. I must have missed it the first time I was checking options out trying to fix the problem. Thank goodness I found this because it was driving me insane checking key bindings for conflicts and other Assistance options but was coming up empty. I have a CH Flightstick Pro USB and I use the keyboard for some stuff most of the time. I have throttle and a yoke plus rudder pedals but my wife and daughter complain about them being in the way when I set it all up. So most of the time I make it easy for them and use the keyboard and my trusty CH Flightstick.
  8. This morning out of curiosity I deleted the download from Contrail and installed the build on Aerosoft One in the small chance this helped the rudder situation but unfortunately it did not. I checked key bindings and everything is fine on my system and all other planes work. I have mostly a default setup. The rudder is not working on my system now with this plane but worked fine before! My theory is this particular build when it was compiled is set up for whatever the person at FSS was using hardware wise and unless you are configured like the model builder it is not going to work. They probably forgot to reset the configuration in some sort of way.
  9. Yep...no rudder control! Worked just fine on the last build. No rudder no nose wheel steering. This makes the latest build unusable. Tonight I uninstalled it and reinstalled it in the hopes this would correct the problem but it did not. I have not looked at the key assignments but everything else is working okay so I hate to mess with them just for this one aircraft. You should not have to do that!
  10. I am currently flying the current build and they messed a lot of things up. First I have absolutely no nose wheel steering even when I manually try to use the physical tiller in the cockpit. It does not matter if what "Nosewheel Steering via Tiller Axis" is set at. Turns out I have no rudder control whatsoever. Also when I takeoff I hear this horribly loud clanking sound that absolutely just about blows my speakers up. Unfortunately no option to turn that off. I am going to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes it? I kind of wish they would just put the last "stable" build as an option for us to download. These experimental builds are garbage!
  11. I will have to give the latest build a try. I did clear the WASM folder out before my last flight I did yesterday and it seemed to be totally stable on my SAN-SEA flight. Usually it would WASM crash at about the 40 to 50 minute mark before. Hopefully the NAV button works better and you don't get those random sharp turns for no real reason.
  12. I downloaded the latest update yesterday deciding to give this so called stable build a try. I was nervous since the previous "Release" builds were very stable for me. Since I originally purchased this on Aerosoft I naturally used Aerosoft One for the update and just installed the new build over the old build. Apparently you are supposed to completely delete the old build and install the new one. Even though I supposedly goofed it seemed to work fine at first but about 45 minutes into each flight I would get a hard WASM crash. I decided to launch Aerosoft One App and try to uninstall it but for some reason it was not doing the job correctly and ironically when I try to install it again Aerosoft installed it in some sort of mystery folder. So I deleted it manually as best as I could and set up Contrail to do the job. This seems to have worked properly! After installing the version on Contrail I thought I had the WASM issues fixed and I successfully finished 2 flights yesterday. However this morning on a quick SEA-PUW flight I experienced another WASM crash on approach and flipped over and crashed into the river. This time I manually cleared the WASM folder in the hopes that it fixes it. If it does not my next step is to completely remove every trace of the install and install a fresh version using the Contrail App which works better these days! Only issue I noticed is it seems very difficult completely removing all traces of this install. Aerosoft One and Contrail don't actually remove everything. I can tell because my configuration options seem to stay the same regardless of how many times I remove and reinstall it or what app does it. Must be some hidden files someplace that once installed and built. I want to so off my system I will have to put my product key in again and reconfigure my settings. As for the update so far it is mixed in my opinion. The auto pilot tends to chase and make rapid adjustments just to stay on course. Sometimes the NAV button works and sometimes it does not. I have found that the only way to get the NAV button to work is to be right exactly on your flight path. The FMC or whatever they call it in the E-Jets has more functions but seems to be pretty wonky. Also the nav database is pretty limited out of the box. Also I can't seem to actually inject the flight plan I created in the EFB into the FMC like it says I can. When I click the botton it sort of flashes but never does anything. Biggest issue right now is the near constant WASM crashes. Does not seem to be affecting everyone but looking around the internet it is a very common issue with the FSS EJets on these experimental okay supposedly now stable build. I typically don't have a big issue with WASM crashes but for some reason this particular model is really bad!
  13. After spending a few hours last night getting my key bindings fixed for the A220 I was planning on flying ANC-SEA this morning testing it out. However everything I did last night was no longer working and even worse either myself or the A220 actually broke my sim. So in frustration I deleted the A220 off my sim and I won't revisit it until I have assurances the current issues are fixed. Performance is pretty word not allowed anyway! I managed to get my FS2024 back to where I had it this morning but for some reason my rudder is not centering properly despite the key bindings being correct. I think it looks good and has a lot of potential. It will probably get there eventually but it is not there yet. Also I believe they built it around a certain setup in mind not thinking everyone has the same set up. It will definitely need options so it will work on other systems.
  14. That is kind of cool I was not aware of this calibration utility for the plane. I was able to get reverse thrust working sort of but it is not really working properly on my system. I use a CH Flightstick and use the Function Keys (F1-F4) for throttle control. F3 and F4 work for increasing thrust but if you set the zones for reverse thrust the F1 and F2 key automatically completely lower the thrust levers into reverse thrust territory and not the thrust idle spot. On most if not all planes that have reverse thrust you can land and hold the F2 Key and this will engage reverse thrust. I can't get this working on this plane. Shame on me for having a more basic setup I guess!
  15. I picked this up tonight. Looks nice and I think it has a lot of potential. Out of the box it has some bizarre issues at least on my system. First the performance is pretty horrid on my system even with the latest update. At altitude it seems a lot better but around a somewhat complex airport it stutters like crazy. I don't have this issue with most other airplanes including ones that are just as if not more complex. So it obviously needs a lot more optimization than it already has. Nothing new here as it has been mentioned before but I thought I would mention it. This is the latest build! Out of the box it also had some other bizarre and annoying issues. Likely fixable in the key command configuration options but I always feel a plane should work at least in a basic form out of the box. A few odd issues my nose gear steering is backwards. Instead of left go left it is left go right and pressing right makes you go left. Makes taxiing around the airport a very difficult and backwards affair and keeping it on the runway an even bigger challenge. Turns out the entire rudder is also backwards which makes sense because on most setups the rudder controls the steering. Again this is fixable but I need to dig in and see how to fix it and only on this airplane. Another issue is no reverse thrust out of the box. Supposedly you can get it working by your messing with your key bindings but I don't think you should have to do that on a default system out of the box. Or at least allow an option in the Settings menu that allows you to use reverse thrust on a basically default setup.
  16. Against my better judgement and the desire for a Classic 737 I decided to give this plane a try last night. I did not have any trouble with the install or setting it up but the rest of the plane is making me really question this purchase? Despite looking at several pictures of this model on the internet and thinking it was visually okay once I had it installed on my system I actually find the exterior model a bit off. The angle of the tail slope for example just does not look right? Maybe it is just me or my curved monitor but it does seem off a bit. Also the 400 model looks a bit short in length but maybe it is just the tail curvature that is throwing it off? I see they are working on a V2 so hopefully that improves the exterior model! 2nd issue is despite multiple tries I have not even managed to get a proper flight going. For the most part systems seem to be working but for whatever reason my throttle levers refuse to move together. The left throttle lever works properly but the right one stays with the left one for the 1st quarter of the way but but slowly falls behind the left lever and refuses to go beyond about half. So you have a serious asymmetric thrust issue. On one flight I managed to keep it on a runway and takeoff but keeping in the air was a real challenge. I have the most basic setup with a CH Flightstick and use the keyboard for a lot of stuff. Like F1-F4 for throttle control using the default FS2020 key maps since that is what I am used to using but fly in FS2024. When I press F3 on the keyboard I see no reason why those throttle levers can't move evenly. When I hold the F3 key down I notice that the right side throttle lever shakes like it is trying to move but some other force is holding it back. I checked for key binding conflicts but don't see any. For now I just sort of shrugged it off and shelved it for now. Also gave myself a lecture that I need to trust my instincts next time. Some things about it impress me and I feel it is so close yet many stupid things make it so far away. I will likely revisit it after the next update(s) but for now it is still very broken.
  17. Oh that is interesting... I did not really give it a thought that it was related specific to the iBlueYonder PDX release. Kind of glad it is the only airport I noticed it for now but it is annoying enough I hope gets corrected. The developer was fairly active out there a while back. Hopefully he knows about it!
  18. A couple updates with some of the issues I was experiencing with SU6..... The first ones was blurry/ghosting gauges especially on gauges that move fast like altitude and airspeed indicators. Primarily digital display styles in glass cockpits. I had this problem when FS2024 first came out that was really bad. I found a fix that you edit the User.cfg file inside FS2024 and it fixed it and it stayed fixed until SU6 came out. The blurry/ghosting gauges were back. Not as bad as it was originally but still bad enough to be annoying. I first thought that the fix was unfixed during the update and I can simply go in there and fix it again but this time the old fix was still in place and no longer working. Googling it I tried running in TAA and the sim looked absolutely superb as in almost a born again religious experience type of look. Unfortunately, performance on my now dated system was so horrible it was unplayable. Flickered horribly and got like 1 FPS. I have to run in DLSS on my system. If I do performance is great! The fix actually ended up being pretty simple. Below the DLSS option in the graphics settings is an option called NVIDIA SUPER RESOLUTION. Changing this setting to anything other than AUTO seemed to solve the blurry/ghosting gauges. I first tried QUALITY and things looked really sharp but performance suffered. Not nearly as bad as it did on TAA but still not really good. I next tried PERFORMANCE and the blurry/ghosting gauges still looked really good. I would say within 95% the same as Quality but system performance was 100% solid again. A new computer is in the budget forecast for this Fall or Winter and I hope the new system will be able to run in TAA like how my system runs in DLSS but not sure such an animal exist just yet? Another odd issue was when I was taxiing around PDX airport at night in the PMDG 737NG. My interior cockpit lighting kept on flickering on and off that varied in intensity depending on how bright the airport apron lights were. Once airborne the flickering stopped. Interestingly when I landed at SEA the cockpit lighting was not flickering no matter the intensity of the apron lights just like it did before SU6. Ironically this issue has not repeated itself in FS2024 since. So I might have been some sort of odd anomaly perhaps from millions of users trying to check out SU6 at the same time. Now that my issues are solved I am very impressed with SU6. Well, PHX and surrounding area needs fixing but I am thinking it will be fixed soon..I hope!
  19. SU6 looks pretty good and I feel my performance has improved a tad. I agree the clouds look better! However a few issues have I that I did not have pre update. When flying the PMDG 737 at night and taxiing around the airport my panel lighting would randomly turn on and off. Once airborne this was not an issue. I don't remember it doing that before. Will have to check the PMDG forums and see if it has been reported as an issue? 2nd issue is my gauges seem to be pretty blurry again. Not as bad as before but definitely more blurry than before. Also it sort of looks like its frozen in a blurry sort of way. Kind of hard to explain but it was solid before. I did have this issue way back but someone posted an edit that fixed it but it seems back again. 3rd the on going issue of Phoenix area and a few others not far away apparently not working. This is a travesty and an insult to the flight simmers in those areas. I thought by SU6 it would be magically fixed but it is not. This needs to be fixed in my opinion!
  20. Out of curiosity I loaded up Phoenix Arizona. It had been a few months since I flew in out of PHX. Sadly Phoenix is still broken! For some reason and I believe it just happened randomly a while back the photogrammetry scenery for the Phoenix area just disappeared in FS2024. I believe it still works in FS2020 but in FS2024 it looks pretty awful now.
  21. I just loaded up the new SU6 briefly after it installed. Noticed a few things right off that bat. Textures look much sharper very sharp and things look much cleaner. In the new 707 before it took a few seconds for the gauges to properly load but it now loads instantly. Can't yet comment on raw performance but from the brief look it looked unaffected. Tomorrow morning I plan to do a fast trip like SEA-PDX in the PMDG 737 testing it out!
  22. I still want to pick this up but I am going to wait for it to be available on the iniBuilds website and depending on how well it tracks I might wait until the A220-100 comes out. I am always nervous when a developer basically promises a project and for whatever reason just decides not to do it or it is taking so long I will probably die of old age before it gets here. If I somehow had assurance that the A220-100 would be out in a few months I might bite now but I have not seen anything that is it coming that soon. Please correct me if I am wrong?
  23. Still down in the US West Coast as of a minute ago. A friend located in Norway could not get on at first but just got in now! Seems some European locations are coming back hopefully!
  24. The Irony in all this is I got a message on my cell phone that FS2024 is now ON SALE 🤣 Maybe that is why the servers are not working? I doubt it! I meant what I said about this folks who said it was not a big deal on this forum. It really does help you get thru this. I actually went out at 7am this morning and pulled out my motorcycle and put a coat of wax on it instead of sitting on my bottom playing FS. If those servers are not back on I might just give up on MSFS for good and ride off into the sunset. Probably come back and buy X-Plane. Need something to do during the winter!
  25. Just tried again this morning...still down as of 9:20am Pacific Standard Time in Seattle Washington. Now a 13 hour issue! I really admire those folks who say it is not a big deal. I guess in the grand scheme of things it is not a big deal but this is total BS. A big company like M$ should have back ups.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.