Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

5 hours ago, Pochi said:

So far from all the videos I watched on Youtube, the landings were not that nice which disappointed me a bit. I have not tried the update yet though.

Maybe the secret is about joystick sensitivity settings.

Also noticed from “respected” Youtuber that Flaps 3 configuration seems to lack drag a lot and clean conf seems to much draggy 

Pierre

I had much trouble landing V1, which surprised me, because I have never had any problems landing sim aircraft or real aircraft for that matter. Landing the Fenix V2 is a delight. Every landing is around 150-180 FPM and G's around 1-1.5. I couldn't be happier, I hope they don't change anything. I use full flaps for all my landings. I  use tthe recommended joytsick settings on the Fenix website,and they are almost the same as the settings I finally had with V1. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, Pochi said:

So far from all the videos I watched on Youtube, the landings were not that nice which disappointed me a bit. I have not tried the update yet though.

Maybe the secret is about joystick sensitivity settings.

Also noticed from “respected” Youtuber that Flaps 3 configuration seems to lack drag a lot and clean conf seems to much draggy 

Pierre

Go and watch V1 Simulations he deep dived into the new release. Well worth watching

33 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Go and watch V1 Simulations he deep dived into the new release. Well worth watching

I follow V1 closely and am not aware of this video that you are talking about.  Is this on his main (and only?) site?  the last video was 4 days ago on the 747.  Can you provide a link please?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

26 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I follow V1 closely and am not aware of this video that you are talking about.  Is this on his main (and only?) site?  the last video was 4 days ago on the 747.  Can you provide a link please?

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had much trouble landing V1, which surprised me, because I have never had any problems landing sim aircraft or real aircraft for that matter. Landing the Fenix V2 is a delight. Every landing is around 150-180 FPM and G's around 1-1.5. I couldn't be happier, I hope they don't change anything. I use full flaps for all my landings. I  use tthe recommended joytsick settings on the Fenix website,and they are almost the same as the settings I finally had with V1. 

Yeah the stick inputs are generally much softer now. It feels great.... realistic? Who knows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

here is  another  review  by blackbox 711

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 hours ago, spearmint_flyer said:

You turned on HGAS? I thought this was a no-no with MSFS and performance. 

i know but its really working for me

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

10 hours ago, spearmint_flyer said:

You turned on HGAS? I thought this was a no-no with MSFS and performance. 

If you want to use DX12 with frame generation, HAGS on is a must...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

is GSXpro working with latest Fenix update? Having some ctds while other aircrafts working with out any issue.

Event viewer log: Faulting application name: couatl64_MSFS.exe

thanks

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

35 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

is GSXpro working with latest Fenix update? Having some ctds while other aircrafts working with out any issue.

I‘ve only done 2 flights with the Fenix V2 and GSX so far and everything worked fine.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

I‘ve only done 2 flights with the Fenix V2 and GSX so far and everything worked fine.

I finally pulled the trigger on the update.  They have done a lot of work, however, for me on my system I don't notice any changes (yes, it is installed and updated).  My PC and input controls are simply to old at this point to discern any real changes.  My Saitek X45 stick and throttle are 20 years old. But hey, it does work at least.

35 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I finally pulled the trigger on the update.  They have done a lot of work, however, for me on my system I don't notice any changes (yes, it is installed and updated).  My PC and input controls are simply to old at this point to discern any real changes.  My Saitek X45 stick and throttle are 20 years old. But hey, it does work at least.

Here is a list of the changes. 

https://fenixsim.com/blog/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have read some comments about the difficulty of landing the Fenix V2 compared to V1.  I really never liked the way V1 handled on landing, and I flew it for months with poor landing rates, bounces, landing long, and all of the above..

Since I installed V2, landing the Fenix is a joy. Every landing is great, no problems at all. Here is a copy of my A Pilots Life landing report on my second landing this morning into LFLL.  This is pretty typical of all my landing reports now. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

No issues with V2. It's easy to fly. Even with the misaligned IRS coming into  Naples eastbound RW 06. I wish I could remember where I bought this airport so I could raise a ticket. Not that the dev would do anything about it. Or is it Navigraph or the Fenix?

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Here is a list of the changes. 

https://fenixsim.com/blog/

Yeah, thanks Bob.  I saw that upon release like we all did.  Many of these things are flight model adjustments and/or failure mode adjustments.  Both of these have little impact to me.  Again, old system, old stick/throttle, old audio, and I never fly with failures.  Dont get me wrong, I love the new update and many kudos to the team.  It is just, for me, no real impact on my daily flying of this plane.