Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

737 NG driver - Engine Fire @ MTOW...

why are you his hypeman... we don't see links to any other streamers for every single one of their videos

you don't  have  to watch them its  your  choice,  or  you could  simply  post  some links to other  streamers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, level7 said:

why are you his hypeman... we don't see links to any other streamers for every single one of their videos

actually we do see a lot of streamers depending on what they are presenting.

flying carpet has a whole series from his explorations just a few posts down

A few posts down from that one we have

I feel like UrgentSiesta has also only recently started appreciating what XPlane has to offer.

737 NG driver is making content that is getting attention because its decent content, really isn't devisive like many of the others.

Its also really nice to have a "real pilot" that doesnt say they are going to talk about the aircraft, then all they talk about is how good the textures are and how lovely the scenery they just downloaded is, while demonstrating they haven't the first clue about real world aviation lore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

you don't  have  to watch them its  your  choice,  or  you could  simply  post  some links to other  streamers

Totally agree.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, level7 said:

Because:

.) The youtuber is a rw airline pilot who cares to bring to his videos different aspects of rw operations and how they translate into simulated flight and...

.) This is an X-Plane forum and it happens that he has recorded the videos I post in this threads using X-Plane 12 and...

.) I believe most X-Plane users will find it interesting to see and listen to his comments...

Are there alternatives ? Surely there are !  For instance at the MFS forum I often post links to "Fly with Magnar" videos, about the ATR 72, because he's a rw ATR 72 pilot and also my preferred rw pilot who also cares to use flightsims and explain (so well...) as they can be used for training and proficiency...

I really don't see your point, so I don't know if I answered your question 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I, for one, appreciate the occasional post about streamers and YouTubers doing X-Plane content. Nice to see some focus and enthusiasm behind X-Plane sometimes, not often you see that.

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Keep it up please, @jcomm. I appreciate it because I don't want to use my short life to surf YouTube for interesting content.

• Like 1

I never mentioned anything about the content. I'm subscribed and watch some myself. Not "devisive" isn't perhaps an appropriate way to describe him, he certainly has stirred up some stuff.

I'm all for good content, but maybe y'all missed all the posts on his other videos from the first 2 pages?

13 minutes ago, level7 said:

I never mentioned anything about the content. I'm subscribed and watch some myself. Not "devisive" isn't perhaps an appropriate way to describe him, he certainly has stirred up some stuff.

I'm all for good content, but maybe y'all missed all the posts on his other videos from the first 2 pages?

Are you saying you want more variety, or you want less forums posts linked to streamers and youtubers?

I still can't find you point @level7 ?

From what you write it appears like you didn't like the way Emmanuel referred to some addons in his videos? Well, maybe you have a point there, but I don't think I have posted links to any of those ?

BlackBox 711 is yet another youtuber and airline pilot whose channel I often visit, but unfortunately he hasn't been covering X-Plane that much, although he has some really great videos too in his channels.

Or maybe it's yet another "problem" I haven't been able to glimpse ?

Well, anyway, I intend to continue to post this sort of posts because I really don't think that there's anything wrong with it, and please, do offer your alternatives on identical operational aspects of airline flying based on X-Plane 12, recorded by RW Airline pilots. I'll be glad to watch it !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, level7 said:

Not "devisive" isn't perhaps an appropriate way to describe him

Well, maybe you missed some of the more divisive streams.

e.g. This one from 12 months ago.

That one really ruffled a lot of feathers. The comments are particularly hilarious.

But I for one much prefer what 737ng driver is putting together, real experience, time on type I'll probably never get the time for, really digging into the weeds of the real details that make XPlane "light years" ahead of any of the others.

You know what they say, facts don't have feelings. But some facts hurt more than others. 

😇

Its good to share the good stuff, so much content pouring out these days from so many sources, that a little bit of human filtering goes a long way.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

12 hours ago, mSparks said:

I feel like UrgentSiesta has also only recently started appreciating what XPlane has to offer.

XP was my first sim, thankyouverymuch! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

I still can't find you point @level7 ?

Well, anyway, I intend to continue to post this sort of posts because I really don't think that there's anything wrong with it, and please, do offer your alternatives on identical operational aspects of airline flying based on X-Plane 12, recorded by RW Airline pilots. I'll be glad to watch it !

I think it's well intentioned for you to share content, but collectively making the Avsim X-Plane forum the Emi X-Plane notification channel seems a bit odd to me.

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

Are you saying you want more variety, or you want less forums posts linked to streamers and youtubers?

I think more content is good and it's always helpful when posters explain why they shared the content or what is interesting about it.