Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Must Have Global Scenery Add-ons?

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Stay away from Bijan's, if you intend to get a vegetation addon. He has abandoned the project, it has known issues and an FPS hit to boot because he hasn't made some necessary modifications. They strung people along on their Discord for a long time while he was away, he returns, doing some weird announcement through someone else and promises an update but it never arrived. They even locked down the Discord and never opened it again. They are just stringing people along, hoping to squeeze the last money out of the project.

Yes.  I spoke to him personally at one stage, as a few of us did, and he seemed like a decent person.
I am not sure of his personal situation, but he could at least try to communicate.  It is disappointing that the project is maybe abandoned.

I had to switch to REX Accuseason, but as noted above, probably not needed for FS2024.

• Upvote 2

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I use  We Love VFR 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I'm pretty sure the seasonal ones like REX accuseason will be moot come FS2024 where it looks like we are getting seasons included.  Atleast I thought I saw that...

Hopefully the built-in seasons are as good as Rex accuseasons or even Bijan's seasons. It is too early to tell though.
And if they aren't obsolete, These products might not work in FS2024 in their current form since they could otherwise conflict with the built-in seasons.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I've been running REX seasons,  set to update the current season every week.   Bijan's trees are better,   but I quite like REX.   Stopped using Bijan's when he went awol a year or two ago.   He's very talented,  but he's been going through some tragic events irl.  Fairly certain he lost some family members during the pandemic,   but memory might deceive me.

Hopefully Bijan will persevere over his tragedies and make a triumphant return.  Spoke to him several times,  and he seemed like a good person.   He was very easy to contact,  and very responsive prior to his absence.

That said,   Mamu82 and PuffinFlight are MSFS GOATS imo.  

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

That said,   Mamu82 and PuffinFlight are MSFS GOATS imo.  

Absolute heroes for the time they have put in.  Probably too many others to mention like Vincent and Superspud with their freeware airports etc., but these guys are top notch for sure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I use rex seasons and I really like it. It updates itself and I got it on sale a while back. For me, it was worth it.

• Like 3

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

There is no FPS hit with the Bijan's addon; not sure where that rumor came from but it's false.

Is the project abandoned?  Maybe? But if it's already in good working order, who cares?  What else would be necessary to do with it?

It's still the most accurate vegetation in the sim.  I surely would not want to revert to mountain forests of palms...

Andrew Crowley

Bijans Trees. No effect at all on FPS. For Airports I have Zinertek. I bought Rex, but didn't like it so switched to Zinertek. 

Edited by Bobsk8

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Bijans Trees. No effect at all on FPS. For Airports I have Zinertek. I bought Rex, but didn't like it so switched to Zinertek. 

What didn’t you like about REX?

Oh I have Zinertek Airports as well but had some conflicts and zero support in the past, no updates and no responses so I tried freeware (didn't exist). I ended up with REX textures as well and never looked back. I still have the Zinertek though.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 8/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, Virtual-Chris said:

Related to this, what are people using for seasons these days?  Rex or Bijan or nothing?

I admit I do use and like REX Accuseason and give high marks for Black Square TaxiWays

For textures I have both Rex and Zinertek v4.0 textures and Zinertek is better in my opinion.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

What do you guys think of Seafront Global Shipping? I know GAIST is freeware, but it's been very disappointing in terms of the amount of traffic it generates here. I'm lucky to see a single vessel.

15 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

What didn’t you like about REX?

Zinertek just looks more realistic. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310