Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Remember Trevor Jacob?

Remember Trevor Jacob? The YouTuber who parachuted out of his Taylor Craft airplane after claiming he had an engine problem? Well, he recently plead guilty to obstruction of a federal investigation and will have to serve up to two years in prison for his ill-thought-out stunt!

Needless to say, he has already lost his pilot license. There may well be other charges as different agencies weigh their options...

His friend with the helicopter who carried the wreckage back to his airport may well wind up being charged in the coverup as well.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good!  He needs plenty of time to think about what he did and the potential danger to other lives and/or property.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

First I've heard of this. Good grief, this guy is a low-life on so many levels! The very fact someone would deliberately crash a vehicle without any control over where it ends up or who or what it could kill or seriously injure is beyond stupid. Frankly, he's getting off lightly IMO. He certainly shouldn't be allowed his pilot licence ever again and I would honestly not allow him to drive any vehicle requiring a licence (though that may not be something that could be forced upon him legally).

Another tell-tale sign of how staged this was is surely the fact he had the 'presence of mind' to use a selfie stick camera to record his parachute 'escape'. If it were me, I'd be thinking solely about exiting the plane swiftly and safely making my way to the ground, not worrying about how YouTube-worthy I could make my misfortune look.

What an absolute *insert derogatory term here*.🤬

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 8/29/2023 at 1:39 AM, 109Sqn said:

Another tell-tale sign of how staged this was is surely the fact he had the 'presence of mind' to use a selfie stick camera to record his parachute 'escape'. If it were me, I'd be thinking solely about exiting the plane swiftly and safely making my way to the ground, not worrying about how YouTube-worthy I could make my misfortune look.

Apart from that, what pilot would wear a complete parachute kit unless he/she is expecting to have a problem during flight, in which case a sensible pilot would not take off anyway.
Also, when the engine quit he did none of the troubleshooting he ought to have done. Except for fighter pilots, exiting the aircraft during flight is not the first thing on your mind, even when wearing a parachute.

After the crash he first went to the crash site to retrieve the camera's and then conveniently forgot where that was so the FIA could not investigate the issue before he had removed the evidence.

IMHO, someone who so demonstrates to be completely irresponsible as a pilot should never be able to pilot an aircraft again, and perhaps not even be allowed to drive a car with that mindset.

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Glad he’s headed to the clink.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 months is not enough considering the fraud, covering up the investigation, and risk to life, he got off easy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

I agree that's not enough.

Are they at least going to ban him for life from getting a pilot's license?  He's disgraced all licensed pilots everywhere, and caused a stain on aviation safety and responsibility of the pilot and public trust in aviation.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Are they at least going to ban him for life from getting a pilot's license?

Apparently not. He says he has his pilot's licence back. In the first video, Mentour says he is banned for the term of his imprisonment. See 7:02 of this video:

https://youtu.be/55JdKOFIecc?si=m5MKn9mM7RFFUkjc

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

I'd say something, but I don't want to get my knuckles whacked with a ruler.  I will just post this emoticon as my reaction to his punishment. 🤬

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

14 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Mentour says he is banned for the term of his imprisonment.

In other words, he isn't banned at all.😠

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)