Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Nvidia stops making gaming gpu's.

They're going to concentrate on making AI gpus. So, the bitcoin miners went away, but the AI techies are ready to load their wagons with hardware. Wonder if series 4000 gpus will become scarce now. And prices rise.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Have they come to the realisation, that they can't keep up the artificially inflated prices, so they're looking elsewhere now?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

AI is the fastest growing technology. And GPU's have now become the very foundation of artificial intelligence. The demand for Nvidia's Hopper is off the chart, and their competition far behind.

There's no way Nvidia can make enough AI GPU's to satisfy demand. When Nvidia raises the price of AI GPU's, the demand remains almost the same: extremely high, if not exactly beyond measure.

The cryptocurrency mining generated demand for GPU's of a year or so ago, is nothing to the demand now starting up for mega stacked arrays of large AI GPU's.

Tesla, META, Microsoft, Alphabet (Google), all racing to rule the AI world. And Nvidia is way out in front of the pack of hardware suppliers to all of them.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I never watch YT channels where people put 'silly face' on splash screen. 

Bizarrely, I believe it has been proven in studies that people are much more likely to click on videos if they have silly faces on their thumbnails. No idea why... but it apparently is an effective method of clickbait.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Bizarrely, I believe it has been proven in studies that people are much more likely to click on videos if they have silly faces on their thumbnails. No idea why... but it apparently is an effective method of clickbait.

Maybe i am too old, in my case it works opposite 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Artur 

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Maybe i am too old, in my case it works opposite 🙂

I'm not old and it makes me cringe too. Social media I guess...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I never watch YT channels where people put 'silly face' on splash screen. 

Me neither, but the OP obviously does 😉

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

It`s down to raw material cost TSMC have already warned that chip prices will rise by 15%, this will affect AMD also sadly It`s going to get more expensive to do a home build in the future, that 5090 is likely to be 2 grand plus and some AIB partners my not bother with GPU`s.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It seems that AI GPUs are fetching astronomical prices like $10K-$70K!!!  Can't blame them I guess, especially as a shareholder, but it sucks for gaming.

Edited by Virtual-Chris

I’ve never understood why Intel nor AMD haven’t built their own fabrication plant right here in the USA. 

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

I’ve never understood why Intel nor AMD haven’t built their own fabrication plant right here in the USA. 

Everyone knows that Intel CPU's are made in Ireland by Leprechaun using magic fairy dust. How else could they possibly work? Duh!

11 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Labor costs, taxes, and regulation.  Cheaper to make things outside the U.S. and import them.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

11 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

They did a long time ago but sold it to raise capital.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg