Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

What ATC and AI do you use with P3D?

I would like to hear your experience in the selection and use of these two types of satellite apps that can inject their own ATC and AI into the version of P3D you use, although I am particularly interested in P3D v6...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I would like to hear your experience in the selection and use of these two types of satellite apps that can inject their own ATC and AI into the version of P3D you use, although I am particularly interested in P3D v6...

I use the default ATC-it recognises and manages AIG traffic and with editvoicepack it is much more realistic.

i also use multicrew experience occasionally which can be used for ATC interactions with speech

For AI I use AIG and many payware and freeware PBR airline models that integrate into AIG, no spinning aircraft 😉

For ATC, default ATC or Pilot 2 ATC (much more involved and tetchy) but is still being updated.

• Like 1

AIG and Pro ATC-X (P3D 5.4).

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Been using AIG, PF3 and MCE for years now. Going to check out VoxATC for SPOs soon, and I'm on Pilotedge.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

No one using Radar Contact v4? Miles better that the default. It’s free too so I’m perplexed why more don’t try it. Whilst I don’t have v6 it will still work.

AIG and RC4 here.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No one using Radar Contact v4? Miles better that the default. It’s free too so I’m perplexed why more don’t try it. Whilst I don’t have v6 it will still work.

AIG and RC4 here.

Ray,

I myself used it with FSX many many Moons ago, but I completely forgot about it 😞, how it looks / feels,etc... Guess there's also a port into X-Plane?

Anyway, is it tricky to install or straightforward?

Could you provide some "strategic" links for a rather simATC-basic user to succeed giving it a try?

Thanks!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Voxatc with traffic global. Not been using it for a while now though

• Like 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

16 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Ray,

I myself used it with FSX many many Moons ago, but I completely forgot about it 😞, how it looks / feels,etc... Guess there's also a port into X-Plane?

Anyway, is it tricky to install or straightforward?

Could you provide some "strategic" links for a rather simATC-basic user to succeed giving it a try?

Here’s the link to downloading and installation. I’m not an XP user but there are those who are. You need XUIPC I believe.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547732-radar-contact-and-jdtllc-in-transition/

It comes with a comprehensive manual.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Radar Contact is not that good for IFR (it doesn't recognize SIDs or STARs) but it is excellent for low and slow VFR in my opinion @Ray Proudfoot

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

15 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Radar Contact is not that good for IFR (it doesn't recognize SIDs or STARs) but it is excellent for low and slow VFR in my opinion @Ray Proudfoot

No it doesn’t and that was being worked on when JD just terminated any further development. Interesting you fail to mention all the things it does really well such as starting you down at the appropriate point and giving you correct vectors to a 30° intercept to the localiser.

It is specifically an IFR program. I guess we have different opinions on that. I never use it for VFR.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, jkeye said:

Is RCV4 aware of AI aircraft?

Yes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

UTL from Flight 1  and RC4 from 1st day of release

Peter

• Like 2

I have Radar Contact 4, PF3 and Pro ATC-X.  I prefer Radar Contact 4, as it is easier to set up for my airline flights and works very well with my setup.  I use PFPX or Simbrief to compile my flight plans, which contain respective SID & STAR waypoint data, so in effect, RC4 is able to keep up with SIDs and STARs on a respective route until vectoring for setup for final approach.  I always select/check the Notams boxes in the RC4 flight setup screen to allow me to get set up on the proper course/heading for the SID on departure and to make sure I am clear of any terrain obstacles during my descent into destination.  All in all, RC4 is the easier and cheaper (free) atc program to use for fsx/p3d pilots!

I also use AIG for my ai a/c,. too. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg