Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Xtreme Prototype Lear25 v4 out - Anyone tried yet?

It seems that Xtreme Prototype has launched their v4 version of their Learket 25 addon for P3D.

I have always heard good things of the previous ones. I wonder if Anyone tried this one yet to give us a quick review?

• Like 1

Alexis Mefano

It has an extensive manual one can download before buy. It's for 5.4 and yet not 6.

But the price seems pretty good for this plane, which has reached a pretty matured look.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I own the previous version of this plane and according to Xtreme Prototype you should be able to get a discount on the V4 purchase but I cannot see how this happens. Am I missing something? Any help please.

Malcolm Hancock

32 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

I own the previous version of this plane and according to Xtreme Prototype you should be able to get a discount on the V4 purchase but I cannot see how this happens. Am I missing something? Any help please.

In their FAQ they write about discounts, but it's pretty relativ, "on selected products". Further you have to be a registered user of the previous version.

https://www.xtremeprototypes.com/shopcontent.asp?type=faq_sales

I have the Xtreme Prototypes Series 20 Business Jet and asked them for discount, when the v2 came out. They denied since it was a all new development. Also this product which I bought at Justflight 2013 is not listed on my account at Xtreme Prototypes and I didn't see a way to add it.

If I look at the actual price, I think it is unlikely they give a discount.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

@Alec !!!! Thank you for the reference ! It certainly is the typeof aircraft I would really LOVE to vly in P3D !!!

Wonder if even being only for v5 it can install into v6 using the registry trick?

If anyone has successfully got it working under v6, please report ;-=

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

4 hours ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

There is a Prepar3d v6 version coming, and they seem to be also working on a Msfs rendition. So like said here, i think they have redone a lot to make this v4, since they will probably use it as base for all these Future ports.

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

@Alec !!!! Thank you for the reference ! It certainly is the typeof aircraft I would really LOVE to vly in P3D !!!

Wonder if even being only for v5 it can install into v6 using the registry trick?

If anyone has successfully got it working under v6, please report ;-=

Agree! Love these classic jets!

They have a Prepar3d v6 version in the works Jose! But i maybe its worth a shot with the P3D v5.

• Like 1

Alexis Mefano

Stay away 

No discounts for 25 v3 owners, I bought the 28 variant. Extreeme poorly optimized for p3d v5.4 and same ressults for v6 (not official supported) 

Embarrasing upgrade for a worst product than v3.

Would love to get my money back

Edited by Gumerson
mistype

Poorly optimized in what way?

I had both the FSW Lear and the Xtreme prototypes Lear in 4.xx

The Xtreme was a little harder on frames but more detailed; that was the trade.

Both are great aircraft to fly.

Curious, what are your settings/rig specs?

On 9/21/2023 at 3:33 PM, Gumerson said:

Stay away 

No discounts for 25 v3 owners, I bought the 28 variant. Extreeme poorly optimized for p3d v5.4 and same ressults for v6 (not official supported) 

Embarrasing upgrade for a worst product than v3.

Would love to get my money back

Did they actually get the speed modes working properly on the Autopilot yet ??

Felt stung by v3 tbh, FSW charged once for their Lear and has been patched many, many times....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I run v3 on p3d v6 and it seems to run fine. there are a couple of nuances that work but sound might be missing etc. I can't remember what they were so they must not have bothered me. It took a few flights to realize them. 

So yes the registry trick works for p3d 6. And the plane runs relatively well. Im not a stickler for perfection when it comes to making things work in v6. I don't have p3d v5 so it was a giant leap from 4.5 to 6 which I really like.

I recently bought V4 and am pretty happy with it. Just done a few flights so far and have just scratched the surface  with it.

any newer comments on this bird? looks very interesting and nice to have a P3D V5+ native plane

Huh they added an autothrottle to the plane even though it doesn't have one? And doesn't seem to be an option to disable that's a bit of a turnoff...