Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

TechRaptor interview of Jorg Neumann re the future of MSFS

2 hours ago, udidwht said:

Was also said in article...

2024 will include a radical change in architecture that will download from the cloud only what is seen at any given time and will be much more efficient in terms of storage demands. 

This architectural change was required to continue to increase the scale of the simulator. and to continue to innovate. On top of that, it allows for the implementation of the new activities such as firefighting and medical transport, which were requested by the community.

This won't be good for all people, including me, as I have a slower internet connection, and there is not much I can do about it unless I get Starlink - which will be £450 hardware plus £75 per month - just so I can use MSFS2024. 

So I hope there will be some kind of option to download and store as well.  My 2TB SSD just for MSFS will accommodate it easily enough. 

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

37 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

"So I hope there will be some kind of option to download and store as well." 

you bet, 3 years ago Microsoft said during the launch press event the minimum required bandwidth for MSFS 2020 is around only 6 MB/s and they implemented a mechanism where you could even pre-download the complete data for a specific route. that tells me they are well aware that not everybody has a gigabit fiber connection. if they can even implement hot air balloons ...

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Asobo are capable of taking note of comments and taking them into account without necessarily instantly implementing everything requested.

The fact they may reject someone's request as impractical , or not a huge priority at the moment, does not mean they ignored it or failed to take it into account. 

Sure, so that just leaves their communication a lot to be desired then doesn't it. In fact if that is the case, it makes their communication absolutely terrible. 

And I would hardly say 'instantly implementing' when we've been waiting 3 years for some bug fixes and working areas of the sim. And how do you know they've rejected something? Or swept it under the carpet. You don't, because they don't communicate it. They just let the votes keep on gathering. They host a Q&A which just muddles things even further with either a lack of response, or a mixed up startled response. 

PS You're still contradicting yourself 😉

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

This won't be good for all people, including me, as I have a slower internet connection, and there is not much I can do about it unless I get Starlink - which will be £450 hardware plus £75 per month - just so I can use MSFS2024. 

So I hope there will be some kind of option to download and store as well.  My 2TB SSD just for MSFS will accommodate it easily enough. 

I'd say that before jumping up and down with little cries of joy one needs to see what it is exactly all about for people like you and me afflicted by a sub-optimal connection. Maybe good, maybe not.  I don't know. Then again I am not a holly roller.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, g-liner said:

Think the local legend was meant to be released in Tokyo. It’s only mentioned as being Japanese in the article this threads about. 

It was intended to be released last Thursday during the Tokyo Game Show but was delayed until this Thursday for an unspecified reason.

I'm wondering if there's something in SU13 that the aircraft needs, so it had to be delayed because SU13 was as well.

Found a screencap of the MU2 on the official discord for those who want proof.
Screenshot_2023-09-24_220300.png?ex=6513f5e0&is=6512a460&hm=cdd3db64d5c7e6024cfce7a1cdb6f2e80067a7c5b4e2bddd2edf287c71071c37&

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

X-Plane Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise V2

spacer.png

I dunno about you but this pic gives me a huge desire to shift to X-Plane.

Ok, OK, I leave... 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

57 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I dunno about you but this pic gives me a huge desire to shift to X-Plane.

screenshot must be from an old x-plane version. for me it is exactly the opposite, imagine the poor graphics in VR when everything graphics (good and bad) affects you 10 times harder. I am so glad we will have the MU-2 finally in MSFS. hope it has good turbo prop sounds and analog panel please.

and compare the price and their lousy GPS: the x-plane Toga version: $54.95

MSFS: $ 9.95

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

for me it is exactly the opposite, imagine the poor graphics in VR when everything affects you 10 times harder.. I am so glad we will have the MU-2 finally in MSFS. hope it has good turbo prop sounds and analog panel please.

😁

It does happen, from time to time, that I write the contrary of what I mean, you know.   

The high-wing MU is better for MSFS than the Duke or the  310 because you don't have big engines obstructing the view.  Sounds are important but even more important is to know whether they have simulated the turbo-engine right, not a forte of some of the turboprops on the market . 

The safety story of MU 2 is very interesting btw and the Wikipedia page deserves to be read.

• Like 1

Dominique

I wonder what the cockpit is going to look like, because it's one of those planes where it could be all gauge, gauge with some glass or mostly glass.

Edited by Tuskin38

I'm sure the cockpit is going to look amazing with MSFS's Ambient Occlusion on max like everything else does from Inibuilds!

Looking forward to grabbing this one!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2