Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

TechRaptor interview of Jorg Neumann re the future of MSFS

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I know you don’t know, nobody does, hence the frustration.

You go right ahead and let yourself experience frustration, that is your choice, because you have no control over what is, you only have some control over how you respond to reality.  I have no fantasies MS/A "owes it to us" to address every frustration because I spent $119 on the most compelling sim in ever.  I'll patiently watch it unfold and enjoy the sim every chance I can, while adding support to voted on items, adding new items on their forum, but I have zero expectations even in areas with very high vote totals because I don't have the full picture of their mission and timelines.  They have ZERO OBLIGATION to address all of them according to vote totals or loudest complainers.

Truce Ian, we've beaten it into the ground.  

• Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Despite all these positive and negative comments about this interview. MSFS 2020 remains in my eyes a beautiful large box of multi-colored Lego. It's only the photo on the box that looks like something with some balance. Behind it, it's a total mess. I can't even fly on MSFS anymore so much the live weather representation and colors are part of the cartoon.

110 people worked on MSFS 2020 ... and a total of 500 people are working on MSFS 2024....

It's going to be the release of a MSFS 2024 collector's box I imagine. Something exceptional to no longer be able to close the jaw!

The team is undoubtedly working hard on the missions! There will certainly be plenty of choice, between a one-way ticket to walk on the moon and going to pee the dog outside.

They found their treasure.

• Like 3

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I'll patiently watch it unfold and enjoy the sim every chance I can, while adding support to voted on items, adding new items on their forum, but I have zero expectations even in areas with very high vote totals because I don't have the full picture of their mission and timelines.  They have ZERO OBLIGATION to address all of them according to vote totals or loudest complainers.

The absolute best common sense way to go about things!🍻

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, Noel said:

You go right ahead and let yourself experience frustration, that is your choice, because you have no control over what is, you only have some control over how you respond to reality.  I have no fantasies MS/A "owes it to us" to address every frustration because I spent $119 on the most compelling sim in ever.  

Thank you Noel.  I'm just back from a chopper flight over Dubai City. I'm a bit late with choppers until getting proper hardware now (plus the wonderful H145).

I am really excited what I saw. I know pretty much any of the legacy / competing sims and have flown over Dubai, but I've never seen such a level of realism, by a big margin. No, it's not perfect - neither will FS2024 be - but it gives me enjoyment for my life. 

Yes, I've made critical remarks on missing/broken features in MSFS and I will go on to do so (preferred on the Official Forum with higher visibility). But global disrespect for the developers, continuous demand of missing features without knowing the economic / technical / enterprise priorities - which I confess I don't  know -  don't help a iota and only lead to continuous frustration - but will certainly fail to give us a better sim.

Happy flying and kind regards, Michael

• Like 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, filou said:

MSFS 2020 remains in my eyes a beautiful large box of multi-colored Lego. Behind it, it's a total mess. I can't even fly on MSFS anymore so much the live weather representation and colors are part of the cartoon.

I totally agree.

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about MSFS 2.

Fs2_pic1_display_screen.gif

flight_simulator_2.13knirk.png

"It's only the photo on the box that looks like something with some balance. "

couldn't agree with you more.

microsoft_flight_simuraejs.jpg

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@turbomax,

You suffered so much for years with these first otherworldly simulators without being able to photograph anything with them that today after a long exposure when you fly over something that looks like a city for the first time on MSFS 2020 you talk about it like it was an exceptional and grandiose simulator!, you even talk about it during dinner... You are under the influence of ecstasy to be so happy tell me? Too much visual information at once...

Whether you like it or not. To my eyes, MSFS is average in too many compartments , an illusion simulator. His cartoon side ruins everything in addition to bugs!

It's thanks to people like you that the MSFS "style" will still exist for a long timeGet ready, and stay next to your fire hose, it's going to be fire everywhere, you'll love MSFS 2024.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.
  • Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I don't understand why people continue feeding someone who has been given a week off but came back reloaded with the same agenda.

Just go and enjoy MSFS and don't pay attention to the guy who enjoy "Real Simulators"

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Ooooh! A color display !  I'm stuck with black and white 😞

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, Noel said:

Some here have the audacity to think they know more than the people who brought them the most remarkable flight sim ever released to the desktop let alone a console, as if it was an accident it came to fruition. 

For me this statement in particular is the primary thing that invites dragging MSFS 2020, and probably soon 2024 as well, through the mud and urinating on them. It's a statement I've seen frequently, and I'm not entirely against it, since it's also the sim I use the most at present. But maybe that's just in my nature. If someone tells me some Mexican restaurant is the best ever, I'll likely try it and then say it's more or less the same as Taco Bell. But MSFS2020 is really just an average sim in my opinion, quite good graphics, but also severely lacking in many areas. So overall it never really stood out as being something unique or special.

• Like 3

Thankfully Asobo have their own forward planning and do not base their project around user requests..

The organisation I work for had one software division that was closed down entirely because they knee jerk reacted to every minor client request, or issue, to the point they were losing half a million a year.  Total failure of change management. The guy in charge felt he needed to please everybody instantly.

The clients requesting unnecessary customisation and demanding unnecessary updates did not end up any better off, The product they had been subscribing to for years and built their business around was removed from the market.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Thankfully Asobo have their own forward planning and do not base their project around user requests..

The organisation I work for had one software division that was closed down entirely because they knee jerk reacted to every minor client request, or issue, to the point they were losing half a million a year.  Total failure of change management. The guy in charge felt he needed to please everybody instantly.

The clients requesting unnecessary customisation and demanding unnecessary updates did not end up any better off, The product they had been subscribing to for years and built their business around was removed from the market.

It's a game. just a game. And I would hardly say asking for working AI, ATC and weather to name but a few "unnecessary customisation and demanding unnecessary updates". 

Thankfully Asobo have their own forward planning and do not base their project around user requests.. = Why even bother to have them then? Just close that particular forum section over there... Job done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

Ooooh! A color display !  I'm stuck with black and white 😞

spacer.png

IBM CGA color graphics adapter - four colors at 320x200 resolution and two colors at 640x200.

the good old times, the graphics stone age, (Joerg Neumann celebrated his 15th birthday), when we didn't have forums for optimal graphics settings. a pc pilot's life was so much easier then. all flying, no control panels and endless debates about best options for DLSS/DX12/anti aliasing/clouds/resolution etc. to be IBM compatible or not to be, that was the only question.

less time spent with a pc, more time spent with rock concerts, bars and girls. 🤣

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

34 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Thankfully Asobo have their own forward planning and do not base their project around user requests.. = Why even bother to have them then? Just close that particular forum section over there... Job done. 

Probably to allow the more demanding users to feel like they have a place to vent ??

It is pretty clear Asobo actually are influenced by user opinions and requests, and do take them into account.

However thankfully they do not seem inclined to completely revise their long term plans the instant someone online throws a tantrum.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, turbomax said:

less time spent with a pc, more time spent with rock concerts, bars and girls.

Or in the case of nerdy types a soldering iron and a box of resistors and capacitors.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Or in the case of nerdy types a soldering iron and a box of resistors and capacitors.

we had to build our own ham radios and felt like magicians because we could talk to the other side of the world for hours at no cost, (depending on time of day, sun eruptions and propagation conditions) 😊

the more advanced guys could even tune VHF/UHF and listen to ATIS, ATC and transatlatic airliner position reports (SelCalls) on HF.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.