Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

TechRaptor interview of Jorg Neumann re the future of MSFS

On 9/20/2023 at 1:57 AM, Dominique_K said:

He responded that it's good feedback and he'll bring it to the development team. 

A "good feedback "as it was new !

I love it--one short comment in an interview when no one here knows anything about what Jorg was actually thinking when the short comment came out, and now it's a certainty it's never been entertained by the entire team.   What a colossal crock of hubris.  I'm certain it's been discussed amply, and just isn't the focus of attention at this moment in time.  Some here have the audacity to think they know more than the people who brought them the most remarkable flight sim ever released to the desktop let alone a console, as if it was an accident it came to fruition. 

• Like 3

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

45 minutes ago, Noel said:

when no one here knows anything about what Jorg was actually thinking when the short comment came out

That’s a part of the problem. Like I say, in my opinion, he’s like a politician. 

48 minutes ago, Noel said:

Some here have the audacity to think they know more than the people who brought them the most remarkable flight sim ever released to the desktop let alone a console, as if it was an accident it came to fruition. 

No, they don’t. They’re just frustrated that’s all. What do Asobo/MS do to allay that frustration? Nothing. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No, they don’t. They’re just frustrated that’s all. What do Asobo/MS do to allay that frustration? Nothing. 

It's A/MS' job to help people not be frustrated?  Some people let themselves frustrate on things they have no control over, which is a form of stupidity, IMHO of course.  The sim remains more compelling than any other flight sim in history, the team has all the information they need from myriad posts in multiple forums and not anyone here is in charge of the sim's mission and future.  No need to let yourself frustrate because YOU thought historical weather was a current priority for the handful of all users who need it.  

• Like 4

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

the team has all the information they need from myriad posts in multiple forums

And yet seemingly seem to ignore a lot of it. Which leads to frustration. 

?  Some people let themselves frustrate on things they have no control over, which is a form of stupidity,

It frustrates me a great deal. I do not believe I am stupid. In your opinion, I am stupid, right? 

No need to let yourself frustrate because YOU thought historical weather was a current priority for the handful of all users who need it.  

I wasn’t talking about the weather, I was talking about all of the bugs in the sim as a general, and all of the ones that have been swept under the carpet. 
However, for people whom historically accurate weather is important, I can understand their frustrations a great deal. I certainly wouldn’t say they were stupid.

The sim remains more compelling than any other flight sim in history,

And? That doesn’t mean we can’t critique it, or get frustrated with elements of it, especially when such elements appear to have been ignored up to now, or swept under the carpet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

And yet seemingly seem to ignore a lot of it. Which leads to frustration. 

Operative word, "seemingly".  Yes, people allow themselves to frustrate too easily.

Noel

Just now, Noel said:

Operative word, "seemingly".  Yes, people allow themselves to frustrate too easily.

Easily? 3 years isn’t easy. 3 weeks maybe. Not 3 years. 

Just because you're (figuratively, I have no idea what you care about) one of the 10% if that of all MSFS users who need historical weather and it's not here, in 3y, simply says to me it's not on the current priority list for a massive development project with a completely new architecture and feature set for 2024.  Do I think they don't full well know a relative handful of harder core simmers have been asking for this?  Of course they do and they also understand what it means, absolutely.  I took Jorg's comment as one where he simply wasn't paying close attention, caught the end of the question and responded.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

21 minutes ago, Noel said:

re, in 3y, simply says to me it's not on the current priority list

So, why didn’t they just say that from the start then? 

22 minutes ago, Noel said:

Do I think they don't full well know a relative handful of harder core simmers have been asking for this? 

Well you think they’re all stupid for starters, just because there frustrated. So, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

56 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Like I say, in my opinion, he’s like a politician.

he is not an independent 3rd party individual working from his kitchen, but responsible for a hundreds of million $ business. if he acted differently he wouldn't be in the position he is at. I don't blame him for acting like a professional in one of the most successful software companies. he caught himself when he said re. MSFS 2024: "we are half done" and quickly corrected himself. 🤣 it is always a challenge to respond in a live interview giving some information without revealing too much. in that respect, yes, like a politician.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

42 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, why didn’t they just say that from the start then? 

Gee I don't know, because they're not as perfect as you?

Noel

According to the article, the Local legend 13 is Japanese? 

Any guesses? 

I'm hoping for something awesome like a zero but seems more like a niche 1930s floatplane is more likely. 

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

Gee I don't know, because they're not as perfect as you?

I know you don’t know, nobody does, hence the frustration.
Who said I was perfect? I didn’t. And you certainly didn’t, you called me stupid.

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

??? This sentence makes no sense.

Adding weapons, even unusable ones, would raise the game's rating. Even the F-18 in FSX Acceleration didn't have visible weapons.

'Wokeness' has nothing to do with it.

There’s weapons  on the Microsoft POIs like old battleships. I think the weapons thing is slowly being eroded tbh. Sure weapons that fire won’t appear but static weapons as part of the aircraft shouldn’t really be banned especially on historic aircraft. 

• Upvote 1