Sign in to follow this  
arjanm

P3D v6 patch 5 now available

41 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Finally! During the day, just, dusk, and dawn the illumination lights in the cockpit actually work now! That remedies the pitch black cockpits on default aircraft. Finally, they are flyable. Tested on Commander and Mooney Acclaim and Electra. The Electra is a little dark but doable for the most part! Now we are taking!!!

Agree that this works on default aircraft but sadly not on payware aircraft including the majestic q400 which is stated to be v6 ready

1 hour ago, jkeye said:

Agree that this works on default aircraft but sadly not on payware aircraft including the majestic q400 which is stated to be v6 ready

I think Majestic may have to actually update their aircraft to make it play nice with this new P3D

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

But I experience what is tantamount to 'white out' outside with the use of AE until things 'settle' which is hardly realistic.

You can cap the autoexposure range via settings in the Prepar3d.cfg to avoid white out ... seems to be based entirely on full screen pixel dark/light values ... really should be one for the VC and one for outside world.

18 hours ago, jkeye said:

How does one change the PBR liveries?

Varies by aircraft vendor, you'll need to install some 3rd party graphics tools/software to make adjustments ... too long to explain here ... but I think someone made a video on YouTube specific to PMDG PBR updates, but don't quote me.

I think I posted them already, but will post again later this weekend, in the office right now.

20 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

P3D updates in about 15 minutes.  MSFS patches take about 1 hour.

I have a much different experience with P3d v6 and MSFS.  As a matter of fact mine is the inverse of yours. 
Funny thing computers, huh?

-B

It all depends on the size of the patch.

1. My recent experience in P3D has varied from just a couple minutes to v4 which took around 45 min... v5 was rather fast too...
  2. Whatever it takes I prefer by far this new offer of automatic update checking, download and install than the previous method of having to manually fetch the file(s) from your download area and then install them, sometimes having to properly uninstall previous versions, which was more prown for mistakes...
Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Just  dipped my toe in the water P3Dv6.

Screenshot (770)

Seattle interesting smooth on high settings 4K, Will start looking deeper.

• Like 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Just  dipped my toe in the water P3Dv6.

Looks promising

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

The i350 in the shot is from V4 that I have carried over from v5 + v6 no longer included in P3D. Used for quick test flights.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg