Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

A Pilots LIfe V2 and PMDG-Fenix

47 minutes ago, DAD said:

I used my Simbrief OFP like usual and just flew the aircraft, importing any fuel via the EFB as usual. Worked fine with Newsky, no need to join an airline, as Peter mentioned just use the default newsky airline and off you go. Liked it. 

I gotta admit, I never thought of using Newsky as just an ACARS. I need to look into this.

• Like 2

Can this tool be used for GA aircraft? I'm after something thats rewarding for GA flying but not having to worry too much about finding jobs, doing missions like NeoFly. Perhaps something a bit more basic that tracks your flights and rewards you with goals or some such, wondering of APL V2 is that or whether it's more geared towards Airliners.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Can this tool be used for GA aircraft? I'm after something thats rewarding for GA flying but not having to worry too much about finding jobs, doing missions like NeoFly. Perhaps something a bit more basic that tracks your flights and rewards you with goals or some such, wondering of APL V2 is that or whether it's more geared towards Airliners.

That’s why I used newsky, I get to the the CJ4 instead of 737’s and the like, I know you can use caravans etc 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

I gotta admit, I never thought of using Newsky as just an ACARS. I need to look into this.

Yep. Do that. Again, just did 2 flights so far. „Free“ pax flights, means fully customized. Chose dep and arrival airport and airframe. First flight was a terrible rating over the alps from EDDM to LOWI earning me 130usd. And then a much better flight from LOWI to LOWW earning me some 8000usd. No further obligations. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

17 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Quote from Discord:

Basically: APL only covers scheduled airlines (passenger and cargo). However, there are certain airlines out there that fly smaller GA style aircraft, like Cape Air, or Southern Airways Express, for example, that you can fly for. Also, APL does not care what kind of plane you actually use for a flight. For example, say you are scheduled to fly Lufthansa Frankfurt-Munich in an A320. If you want, you can load up a Cessna 172 in the sim and fly that without getting points docked. So theoretically you can fly whatever you want.

I started with Cape Air flying the C414 in the Caribbean, but I'm now on Iberia Express with A320.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thanks guys, I found Aviatlife as well so will look into that and Newsky, guess I want something that's like NeoFly but not as in depth and more quick to pick up and go but maybe I'm asking too much!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Yep. Do that. Again, just did 2 flights so far. „Free“ pax flights, means fully customized. Chose dep and arrival airport and airframe. First flight was a terrible rating over the alps from EDDM to LOWI earning me 130usd. And then a much better flight from LOWI to LOWW earning me some 8000usd. No further obligations. 

Well, I decided to give this a try. ON my first flight now in the DC6. Hope I don't crash.,🤪

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

disregard.

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well I tried a couple of flights on NewSky. Major trouble started when I imported a  Flightplan from Simbrief. It started doing all kinds of weird behaviors, and couldn't get to the controls to  get it to reset , or stop flight , or anything. That's it, I don't like buggy software, and never had any issue with A Pilots LIfe, so uninstalled Newsky. 

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well I tried a couple of flights on NewSky. Major trouble started when I imported a  Flightplan from Simbrief. It started doing all kinds of weird behaviors, and couldn't get to the controls to  get it to reset , or stop flight , or anything. That's it, I don't like buggy software, and never had any issue with A Pilots LIfe, so uninstalled Newsky. 

Strange. Where did you import the flightplan? Straight into Newssky? Did not know it works. I only import into my plane and all fine

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

Strange. Where did you import the flightplan? Straight into Newssky? Did not know it works. I only import into my plane and all fine

Yes, I clicked the button that said load flight plan from Simbrief, then the display of the downloaded plan started to jitter. Then whenever I tried to switch to the screen where it logs the flight, all I got was the flightplan screen, couldn't shut  the flight down, or get to any of the control buttons. I signed back on, and it was still stuck in the same place. Not ready for prime time. A Pilots Life never messes up, and plus I like the idea of real airline schedules. 

Edited by Bobsk8

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not ready for prime time

To each his own. Good enough for me considering it comes free. Will need to check the simbrief import tomorrow though. Happy flying!

Phil Leaven

I tried also a few of these programs. Now I am only flying via Walker VA.

The cool thing is the world persistence. So you start your flight again where you ended the last one and get this never ending worldtour flying. For each leg you can choose which airframe. I really like to discover new approaches and destinations all the time. 

Also they have great Simbrief / flight planning integration, I really recommend trying it. It is also free. 

I was never a VA flyer but here the whole package is really well made and makes your flights really adventurous and with more variety.

Edited by rob0203

4 hours ago, DAD said:

To each his own. Good enough for me considering it comes free. Will need to check the simbrief import tomorrow though. Happy flying!

I am giving Newsky  one more try. I stayed away from hitting the simbrief import button, and so far everything seems to be working OK. 

Just landed, got almost a 10 which is supposed to be a perfect flight  😃

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

simbrief import button

Good to hear Bob. I really like it after 5 flights. Not „overdone“, focusing on some major data for rating, not whether the drinks were served too late but still complaining when too late in landing conditions. And so far it even allowed a rating of ten with just the equivalent simbrief flightplan loaded into the FBW320, meaning that flight time matches. But out of curiosity where do you import such flightplan in Newsky? Just checked and cannot find it on my end? Neither online nor in the app? Would love to give it a try and see whether I run into the same issues you had

EDIT do you mean this button once you scheduled a flight and can then click that little clipboard icon?

Screenshot-2023-11-21-081203.png

EDIT 2 since we are hijacking the APL2 topic here I started this:

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven