Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

50% price cut on Varjo Aero headset !

Apparently this is a permanent price cut and it starts today!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'd be interested. How does this compare to the Reverb G2R2? Do they have black Friday sales?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

It says that its CAD$990 on the website but doesn't say anything about it being 50% off. But if I recall correctly it was in the $2000 price range! I do wonder if this is the sign of a trend. Given the media reports of pending economic catastrophe it will be interesting to see what happens. I'd love a great VR value for money headset and used to have one. The Samsung Odyssey Plus which I got for $199. I had 3 of them and sold them all at a profit. Big mistake though. I should have kept one. By far the best value for money VR solution to date and that was 3 years ago.

Varjo Aero is about as good as it gets in a consumer headset. The earlier Varjo's were professional and costs many thousands. Then they added the Aero, their first consumer headset, I think only sold on their own website, and cost $2,000 USD. Far less than their earlier VRs. But now it suddenly dropped down to $995 USD. Half price.

I think the reason for such a huge permanent price drop is the new Big Screen Beyond brand headset which is very small, very comfortable but not quite as good an image. It's so new you have to wait 3 weeks or so for it to ship. It's custom fitted and isn't made until you order. It too is $1000 (the same price).

As for the G2, it isn't being made. HP no longer has any for sale and HP said they have no plans to make another VR headset. It's what I have. I posted sale prices twice here months ago for the G2 while HP was selling out all they had left on sale. I paid $450. Later it was $399. Price swinging up and down almost daily on the HP home site.

If I didn't already have the G2, I would buy the Big Screen Beyond. It's size is only about the same as a pair of WWI goggles. For me, that trumps every other consideration.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks to this post I ended up ordering not a Varjo but the BigScreen Beyond. Expected to be shipped Q4 2023. 

I bought the aero when it launched, for anyone pondering a purchase I can can confirm the headset is absolutely phenomenal.

If you are serious about VR the original price was easily worth it, at the discount it is as the Americans say.. a no brainier.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Apparently the new Meta Quest 3 (479 UK pounds). has better lenses than the Varjo Aero. Which surprises me. But the panel is only LCD...