Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

Msfs premium deluxe upgrade offer

Hi, I recently decided I want to upgrade from the msfs standard edition to the premium deluxe one. Do you know what the best offer is? Should I buy it from the in game marketplace for 100 and something dollars, or do you have any other good price offer?

Edited by Hyper14

There is no upgrade path.  MS will rip you off for the full price.  I would wait until FS2024 comes out and buy that unless you are truly desperate.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

It's too bad...I believe they just had a 'sale' on the upgrade path from the standard to the premium deluxe version. It was way less than 200...

Anyway, you should be able to upgrade at about $85 from the ingame marketplace. I did...

Because I've already upgraded, I can't see the upgrade price. But, you should be able to see it.

Just go to the Market Place and search for upgrade. It should bring them up and you'll see the pricing.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

So the In game offer is the only one? Isn’t there another option with a smaller price?

Edited by Hyper14

They really want people to buy the full package right from day one.

If they regularly offered the Premium and Deluxe as DLC upgrades at a huge discount, people would be more inclined to buy standard to save a few bucks, and shop around for a deal later on.

Hence deals on Premium/Deluxe as DLC upgrades are few and far between. They do happen, but much more rarely than deals on everything else.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

So the In game offer is the only one? Isn’t there another option with a smaller price?

You could buy a key off another marketplace instead.

https://www.eneba.com/xbox-microsoft-flight-simulator-40th-anniversary-premium-deluxe-edition-pc-xbox-series-x-s-xbox-live-key-global

Apply discount code AKS8 during checkout and the total price comes in just shy of 60 EUR. Depending on where you live, that's a great discount (MS Store Premium Deluxe version is 133 EUR in my country). That being said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind here:

1. This is a code for the Microsoft Store version, not Steam.
2. It's a fresh code, meaning progress is not shared with your current account. You will have to create a fresh account, apply the code and start over in MSFS.
3. Eneba is a third-party marketplace that enables vendors to sell codes. You're not buying the code from Microsoft.

I personally bought MSFS on Steam but I've purchased somewhere around 50+ codes off Eneba and never had any problems. Make of it what you will.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast

@AviationEnthusiast, your tip sounds the best for me, on question tho, if I get the eneba version, will I have all the planes that I downloaded and liveries already installed as before? Or do I have to re download everything over again?

5 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

Take it easy, this isn't an instant messenger. As far as I know, upgrading will just add content to your installation and should not take anything away or mess with your community folder

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Hyper14 said:

@AviationEnthusiast, your tip sounds the best for me, on question tho, if I get the eneba version, will I have all the planes that I downloaded and liveries already installed as before? Or do I have to re download everything over again?

Make a backup of your Community folder and copy it over to your new install. You will no longer have access to any in-game marketplace purchases made on your old account though.

2 hours ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

You could buy a key off another marketplace instead.

https://www.eneba.com/xbox-microsoft-flight-simulator-40th-anniversary-premium-deluxe-edition-pc-xbox-series-x-s-xbox-live-key-global

Apply discount code AKS8 during checkout and the total price comes in just shy of 60 EUR. Depending on where you live, that's a great discount (MS Store Premium Deluxe version is 133 EUR in my country). That being said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind here:

1. This is a code for the Microsoft Store version, not Steam.
2. It's a fresh code, meaning progress is not shared with your current account. You will have to create a fresh account, apply the code and start over in MSFS.
3. Eneba is a third-party marketplace that enables vendors to sell codes. You're not buying the code from Microsoft.

I personally bought MSFS on Steam but I've purchased somewhere around 50+ codes off Eneba and never had any problems. Make of it what you will.

I would strongly advise against buying keys from unofficial key resellers. 

• Like 2

I’m really not sure what to do, because if I need to make a new account, it will take a lot of time to make my settings and install everything back

Edited by Hyper14

1 hour ago, Hyper14 said:

I’m really not sure what to do, because if I need to make a new account, it will take a lot of time to make my settings and install everything back

Also, all purchases in the Marketplace are tied to your Xbox account so if you create a new account you will lose easy access to the ones you already purchased.
I don't know if these addons can be copied over or not. Since they are encrypted copying from your current installation might not even work and you will have to purchase them again.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Ohmsquare said:

I would strongly advise against buying keys from unofficial key resellers. 

Very, very good advice.

5 hours ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

Eneba and sites like it enable credit card theft, fraud and organised crime.

How does this work: Mr. Criminal has come into possession of someone's stolen credit card or credit card details and wants to turn this theft into cash.

Mr. Criminal will use the stolen credit card to buy software - games...lots of them too. He won't download these games but he will have the codes to download them. He will then sell these codes through sites like Eneba and have his account credited with the proceeds. He will then be able to transfer these funds to a bank account and withdraw it as cash.

Using these sites enables crime.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Very, very good advice.

Eneba and sites like it enable credit card theft, fraud and organised crime.

How does this work: Mr. Criminal has come into possession of someone's stolen credit card or credit card details and wants to turn this theft into cash.

Mr. Criminal will use the stolen credit card to buy software - games...lots of them too. He won't download these games but he will have the codes to download them. He will then sell these codes through sites like Eneba and have his account credited with the proceeds. He will then be able to transfer these funds to a bank account and withdraw it as cash.

Using these sites enables crime.

They do indeed. They also enable legit resellers. It's a mixed bag like the internet as a whole, hench make of it what you will.