Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

CTD - is FSLTL the problem?

36 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I no longer worry about undervolting (haven't about overclocking for years) which I did simply to not use as much electricity. I'm of the mind now that the more you mess with, the more chances you can cause problems.

I agree too. I do not use MSI to undervolt or overclock, especially when you have CTD that has to be a big no no. 

I only use it to underclock and powerlimit the GPU. The whole point is that *reducing* the performance of my 4090 (about 6-7% loss) helped me to get rid of CTD in MSFS. I don't know the exact reason, but it truly works. 

Of course, if you have no CTD problems, no need to mess around with things like MSI at all. Otherwise, give it a try. It's free and so easy. 

Edited by FlyIce

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

On 10/1/2023 at 2:52 PM, sniper31 said:

I have conducted two flights in MSFS since updating to SU13, and I have had two CTD's, both an hour to hours into flight. I have another thread with more info on my CTD's. Once was in the Fenix, and one was in the A2A Comanche. Both flights with FSLTL, both flights with Accuseason Advanced. Right now I am conducting a flight without FSLTL to see what happens. 

Me too!  Tons of CTD's!  

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Me too!  Tons of CTD's!  

Hi Jack,

PANC is working for me,  did a flight last days with no problem but not with PMDG, used the WT 787- 10 ( your last Thread )

No problem with FSLTL since a long time and using it at all my flights..

Just to report my findings..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Some users may experience CTD's when the injector folder is located directly in the Community folder. The team is investigating, but in the meantime, moving the injector to a different folder resolves the issue.

For my part, I moved FSLTL from the Community folder to C: \Program Files\FSLTL

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Hi Jack,

PANC is working for me,  did a flight last days with no problem but not with PMDG, used the WT 787- 10 ( your last Thread )

No problem with FSLTL since a long time and using it at all my flights..

Just to report my findings..

cheers 😉

Thanks PM, this all started after the 13 update.

Jack Sawyer

5 hours ago, miguelpp said:

I don´t have FSLTL and experienced first CTD in onths or year!

All I found was this.

https://ibb.co/M787GXX

BEst.

Miquel.

Thanks Miguel but I’m afraid I can’t read this language.

Jack Sawyer

Most of the CTDs these days come from conflicting addons (scenery, airports, planes, etc.). Using tools like the the Addon Linker and only 'activate' the addons you need for your specific flight helps to reduce CTDs significantly .

Edited by Watsi
  • Upvote 3

FlyByWire Simulations

On 10/12/2023 at 2:56 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks PM, this all started after the 13 update.

Hi Jack, now I can add to your report: All worked fine with FSLTL (newest version) flying in Australia, now I get instant CTD when trying to start a flight in Germany or New Zealand.

With deactivating FSLTL it works.

• Like 1

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

17 minutes ago, Stiller Water said:

Hi Jack, now I can add to your report: All worked fine with FSLTL (newest version) flying in Australia, now I get instant CTD when trying to start a flight in Germany or New Zealand.

Thanks Gerold.  I’ve been wondering if 13 didn’t change the way memory is used.  I’m just speculating.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, Stiller Water said:

Sadly, I just set up a flight in the New Zealand livery in the PMDG 737-900ER for a flight from Boston to Tampa.  No traffic because I uninstalled it.  Departed and was climbing out when I went to external view and it froze then five long seconds later CTD.

I’m gonna try it again with a -800.  I’ve always had problems with any New Zealand livery but I have no idea if this is it.

I still suspect something changed dramatically with update 13.

Jack Sawyer

I don't know if this is relevant to the OP's problem, but after months of dealing with CTDs that seemed to originate with SU12 and did not end with SU13, I found that going into Settings -> Apps -> Startup and setting most of the apps to NOT start up automatically with Windows 10, the "graphics error" CTDs I was constantly seeing, just vanished. (This has been suggested elsewhere).

On 10/14/2023 at 6:09 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold.  I’ve been wondering if 13 didn’t change the way memory is used.  I’m just speculating.

Hi Jack, after a series of CTDs I had to do what I did not have to do since my p3d was running stable: Google for the phenomenon. And so I heard about the "rolling cache", which could be emptied by deleting it in the MSFS.in-game-menu "General Options / Data". In addition, I increased its size to half of my RAM. This worked well on a single-digit number of flights today - even with FSLTL active. Let´s see if this keeps on being successful.

• Like 1

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

2 hours ago, Stiller Water said:

Hi Jack, after a series of CTDs I had to do what I did not have to do since my p3d was running stable: Google for the phenomenon. And so I heard about the "rolling cache", which could be emptied by deleting it in the MSFS.in-game-menu "General Options / Data". In addition, I increased its size to half of my RAM. This worked well on a single-digit number of flights today - even with FSLTL active. Let´s see if this keeps on being successful.

Hi Gerold, yes sir, I already tired that but I think my PC isn't powerful enough so with the traffic load at PANC (which has always been a problem) I just can't run traffic anymore.  No bid deal as this is just a desktop simulator, about as important to me as a PS5 game.  No offense.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Had 2 repeatable CTD tonight flying from EKCH to EHAM, pretty much at exact same spot during cruise. 

Hmmmm, not had a CTD for I don't know how long....

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire