Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Sad to read about Russ Francis crash

Great NFL football career and long involvement in aviation.  Life is precious. Flight is precious.  God Speed Russ Francis.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/details-emerge-plane-crash-killed-super-bowl-champion-russ-francis

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I guessed tight end Dolphins. Memory was bad. It was the Patriots. You have to be big enough to push people around, and yet fast and agile to play that position.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

49ers as well.

spacer.png

Edited by Mike A
photo

@Mike A  Did you ever hear anyone else refer to him as "cupcake"?  I seem to remember that nickname for him!  🧁

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Mike A  Did you ever hear anyone else refer to him as "cupcake"?  I seem to remember that nickname for him!  🧁

Funny you should mention that; I was thinking about a nickname when remembering Russ Francis. I think you may mean the following.  

Jerry Rice was drafted in 1985.  He had an interesting haircut when he arrived:

spacer.png

Russ Francis coined the nickname his teammates called him: "FiFi"🐩.   Jerry Rice subsequently changed his hair styling. 😂

P.S. Niners looking "Purdy-good" with Mr. Irrelevant. 

Edited by Mike A
Emoji
  • Upvote 1

The real odd twist was his passenger was Richard McFadden, AOPA air safety institute with dozens of videos on youtube analyzing crashes and what went wrong just like this one. Would kind of think he would be the man to have next to you to get you down safely.   

It's kind of a big deal in Hawaii.  Back in the 80s he did commercials for a bank that people still remember.

scott s.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, starstream707 said:

The real odd twist was his passenger was Richard McFadden, AOPA air safety institute with dozens of videos on youtube analyzing crashes and what went wrong just like this one. Would kind of think he would be the man to have next to you to get you down safely.   

Juan Browne (Blancolirio) talks about this accident at about the 3:30 mark of the video.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Yes I remember him from my youth, very sad but he went doing something he loved and living his life RIP

Matthew Kane

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago, that he was supposed to be on AA 191, the DC-10 that crashed in Chicago but had a change of plans at the last minute.

20 hours ago, scott967 said:

It's kind of a big deal in Hawaii.  Back in the 80s he did commercials for a bank that people still remember.

I read in his Bio that he went to Kailua High School in Honolulu, so that would explain his connection to Hawaii 

Matthew Kane

He was also sports director at local TV station KGMB, and ran for US Congress for the HI 2d CD in 2000.

scott s.

• Upvote 1