Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration

Very interested in the whole VoxATC AI taxi backtrack situation in MSFS as well. I know in FSX and p3d as long as there was a full parallel taxiway to both ends of the runway AI had no problem, but as soon as a backtrack was needed and a 180 degree turn at the end of the runway AI started to dissapear, taxi out on to the grass and all kind of strange behaviours. hope VoxATC for MSFS solves this.

I remember I experimented a lot with this in FSX because back in the day AFCAD could simply be used to edit taxiways and improve taxiway and runway logic for your favorite freeware and payware airports. Not so easy in MSFS unfortunately 😀

Edited by mikced76
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Im a real world pilot with many ideas and opinions and have been using Vox since the FSX days, I guess that does not qualify? 😀

Pm'ed you..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Im a real world pilot with many ideas and opinions and have been using Vox since the FSX days, I guess that does not qualify?

Sorry mikced76, whilst I am certainly underqualified I feel you are at the other end with all that experience..😁😁

10 hours ago, mikced76 said:

back in the day AFCAD could simply be used to edit taxiways and improve taxiway and runway logic for your favorite freeware and payware airports

& still so today with P3D5 ...... even to match runway assignment  against TAF's (but then one needs a good weather engine for that)

I also have read that there is a serious need to adequately populate parking in MSFS ..... which has always been the case with VATC for "real" depictions & known parking for one's own.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Hello Kevin. Long time listener, first time caller (on Avsim)... Have been a user of Vox on FSX for many years (with all sorts of issues, but still the closest thing to real-world I know, especially as I have a huge amount of Vox-generated Mil and Civ AI from my long-gathered AI aircraft and exhaustively compiled flight plans). The reason I haven't made the leap from FSX is, on the face of it, spending the money on a new PC setup, but, the real reason that still hasn't happened is the lack of realistic ATC and intelligent AI interacting with said ATC. While temporarily grounded from real-world flying, I try to treat sim flying as (as close as is possible) RW flying, and without some kind of interactive ATC, it loses a large % of the immersion and training value IMO (also that 'brain-drain' that comes from being close to task-saturated when you are trying to handle a certain cockpit task and ATC call at the worst moment with a set of instructions to follow and read-back). 

Been keeping my ear to the ground for so long re. this MSFS VoxAtc in Beta, I've taken on a colony of woodlice in there... 

I have, probably, hundreds of questions I could eventually come up with re MSFS Vox if given time and space (I've been a long-time fiddler with XMLs on Voxatc FSX and don't get me started with the vagaries of how it deals with flight plan BGLs), but lets start with:

- Any plans to allow for the different procedures/phraseology at Military airfields? (as covered, for the UK at least, in the CAP413 Vox  that has used / is using for UK Phraseology and procedure). If the MSFS infrastructure doesn't allow for differentiation between Civ/Mil airfields (likely), could a dialog box within Vox setup allow a user to toggle certain ICAO Airport IDs as Mil?

Ed.

12 hours ago, flyingterrier said:

Any plans to allow for the different procedures/phraseology at Military airfields? (as covered, for the UK at least, in the CAP413 Vox  that has used / is using for UK Phraseology and procedure). If the MSFS infrastructure doesn't allow for differentiation between Civ/Mil airfields (likely), could a dialog box within Vox setup allow a user to toggle certain ICAO Airport IDs as Mil?

I'll put that to the Dev!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Come and join the discord server, ask as many questions as you like both here and there 👍

https://discord.com/invite/hnWUUHnD

xaP1VAU.png

For those not following Discord..

image-3.png

image-2.png

IFR flights including missed approaches are fully working...

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2

xaP1VAU.png

13 hours ago, flyingterrier said:

Have been a user of Vox on FSX for many years (with all sorts of issues, but still the closest thing to real-world I know, especially as I have a huge amount of Vox-generated Mil and Civ AI from my long-gathered AI aircraft and exhaustively compiled flight plans). The reason I haven't made the leap from FSX is, on the face of it, spending the money on a new PC setup, but, the real reason that still hasn't happened is the lack of realistic ATC and intelligent AI interacting with said ATC. While temporarily grounded from real-world flying, I try to treat sim flying as (as close as is possible) RW flying, and without some kind of interactive ATC, it loses a large % of the immersion and training value IMO (also that 'brain-drain' that comes from being close to task-saturated when you are trying to handle a certain cockpit task and ATC call at the worst moment with a set of instructions to follow and read-back). 

MSFS vox is gaining pace, it's able to handle AIG flightplans as well as BGLs, and there will hopefully soon be dynamically generated VFR traffic as well.  I agree it's the closest to real-world flying, 100%.

I'd make the leap, MSFS is much better visually, particularly for VFR, and MSFS2024 will be even better I'm led to believe.

You don't need cutting edge hardware although it helps 😛 I'm bumbling on with a 10850K CPU, but did invest in a 3090, which I don't regret for a second.

xaP1VAU.png

37 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

IFR flights including missed approaches are fully working...

Is there a rough timeframe when we can expect this to be released? Will there be a public beta period?

13 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Is there a rough timeframe when we can expect this to be released? Will there be a public beta period?

This year hopefully.  But don't hold me to that, depends on consistent reliability.

I don't think there will be a public beta, I'll be posting some videos shortly, when the new voices are here.

I have a couple ready, with beta vox in use,  but they are embargoed because the aircraft I used isn't released yet either 😛

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin,

Whist I do not have any RL experience I noticed in the first phrase the word immediately... 

To me as a novice that would suggest some sort of conflict/emergency...

Is it just me lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Hi Kevin,

Whist I do not have any RL experience I noticed in the first phrase the word immediately... 

To me as a novice that would suggest some sort of conflict/emergency...

Is it just me lol

It's because on the initial missed approach I was instructed to climb to FL35 and didn't do it quick enough

'Expedite' in CAP413 tends to be used for urgent/emergency situations.

not sure whether expedite is used in vox, have to check....🙂

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png