Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

but for IFR flights, you can switch the communications to a virtual First Officer

for cat D / E flyers, one must use the (automated) PNF features of VATC .... it is more than "real" particularly if you also use MCE's PNF with the same TTS voice.

and there are also calls by the PF (speech recognition) requesting PNF comms eg call for clearance, request FL370, request descent

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

On 10/4/2023 at 6:52 PM, mmcmah said:

I've purchased Cereproc voices when they've had sales throughout the year.

Normal price is around $30 per voice, so 10 voices works out to around $300. That is why ATC programs that don't include voices like PF3 for instance ( over 100 voices) have never interested me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

58 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Normal price is around $30 per voice, so 10 voices works out to around $300. That is why ATC programs that don't include voices like PF3 for instance ( over 100 voices) have never interested me. 

I've never paid that, bought them when they were on sale 👍 but Vox may release with a number of new bundled voices I think 😉

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

New beta out now with some key changes implemented while the voice set is finalised...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Can you make a video of the new beta with the built-in voices someday?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

3 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Bob, if Vox isn't your thing that's fine, but I'd ask you to refrain from negative comments in my thread please, ok?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

7 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Yes of course I can, I don't have a beta with them in yet myself, when I do and they're working ok, I'll let you know

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

That would be great, thanks.

I'm going to make use of the available trial (using P3D), but allow me another quick question: How rigid is VoxATC in what it expects to hear? Will it accept different sequences, additional words, or missing non-essential words? Or does one really have to read, word for word, what VoxATC displays?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

That AI-controlled movement in the video looks great. 

Of course everyone would like to see how this software works on their "home"-airport. 

Is there a limit for traffic? How is traffic being processed? (FSTL e.g.)? Will there be some kind of priority for the players aircraft? In FSHUD I am often forced to overfly the airport because FSHUD doesnt manage to give me a landing clearance because other atc-commands have to be processed first. 

39 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

That would be great, thanks.

I'm going to make use of the available trial (using P3D), but allow me another quick question: How rigid is VoxATC in what it expects to hear? Will it accept different sequences, additional words, or missing non-essential words? Or does one really have to read, word for word, what VoxATC displays?

Depends on whether you use expert mode or not.  Normal mode will prompt you what to say, expert won't.  In expert mode you pretty much need to communicate how you would in RL, the manual is available online in terms of how you need to make calls.

Vox complies as much as possible with CAP413 the CAA radio telephony manual...it's being expanded with more requests for functionality all the time.

For example if you make a read back call a bit wrongly, vox will prompt you to read back only the inaccurate part, not all of it.

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

23 minutes ago, techman said:

That AI-controlled movement in the video looks great. 

Of course everyone would like to see how this software works on their "home"-airport. 

Is there a limit for traffic? How is traffic being processed? (FSTL e.g.)? Will there be some kind of priority for the players aircraft? In FSHUD I am often forced to overfly the airport because FSHUD doesnt manage to give me a landing clearance because other atc-commands have to be processed first. 

What's your home airport? I'll do a test if I can and show it at an appropriate time?

I always find I limit vox's traffic generation to get what I feel is a relatively realistic traffic quantity, you can over populate with AI to your preference, depending on PC capability and performance of course.

No priority for the user, unless you declare an emergency!

If you're not number one, you'll be given a hold or vectors so Vox keeps you controlled until it's ready to clear you for approach and landing.

Dev looking at enhancing the integration of VFR/IFR so for example VFR flights may be instructed to orbit until an IFR flight has landed.

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

On 10/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, kevinfirth said:

but Vox may release with a number of new bundled voices I think

Sorry, one more: Should these new voices come, will the P3D version also receive them?

Best regards, Dimitrios

3 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Sorry, one more: Should these new voices come, will the P3D version also receive them?

I don't know for certain, but I'd expect they'd come after the MSFS release probably. Dev would need to make the final call on that. I'll ask.

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png