Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration

5 minutes ago, vadriver said:

you should try it at VHHH /ZSPD / WSSS etc ...... brilliant (in P3D)

Only been through ZSPD in real life with those, I don't think I'd want to do any VFR flying at any of them though! 🤣

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

correct transition altitudes

set in the airport's file

for now, cheers

john martin

19 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I don't think I'd want to do any VFR flying at any of them

well, with VATC's airac i'm sure i'd be holding in the 77W (with minimum mandatory 30m holding ) while you are "fa..ng" around doing visuals in the C208 😀

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

European phraseology

yes, ICAO speak which is used most everywhere except RJ... & a some other FIR's I can't recall??

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

What about the UI,

1.) can you interact with it even if it’s not open on the screen? 

2.) can you interact with it via your voice? 

3.) can it be moved to another screen or even networked on another pc? 

Seems very promising so far. 

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What about the UI,

1.) can you interact with it even if it’s not open on the screen? 

2.) can you interact with it via your voice? 

3.) can it be moved to another screen or even networked on another pc? 

Seems very promising so far. 

There's no real interaction needed with the UI in its minimalist form, other than initialising the app.

VoxATC is voice responsive, that's the whole point of it 🙂  In normal mode it will help you by providing a prompt to what you need to say to ATC, in expert mode it won't, you have to fend for yourself, just like the real world.

Its a standard MSFS panel, so I don't see why it couldnt be moved to a separate screen, although I've never thought this necessary

The P3D version used to be able to be networked on another PC, MSFS now I'll need to check if that capability will be there on release or not.  I only have one PC I'm afraid, so never used that feature.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

47 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

There's no real interaction needed with the UI in its minimalist form, other than initialising the app.

VoxATC is voice responsive, that's the whole point of it 🙂  In normal mode it will help you by providing a prompt to what you need to say to ATC, in expert mode it won't, you have to fend for yourself, just like the real world.

So this requires that you have to use speech to control it, and wear a headset.. Deal killer for me. I hate having to wear a headset when flying a sim. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So this requires that you have to use speech to control it, and wear a headset.. Deal killer for me. I hate having to wear a headset when flying a sim. 

Not sure that logically follows, you need to use a microphone yes, but that doesn't require a headset?  But if it doesn't work for you, no worries, there are other options 🙂

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Actually, VOXATC requires that you have a microphone (headset or desktop will do) available, but for IFR flights, you can switch the communications to a virtual First Officer, so no microphone is needed until you reach the parking spot of your destination airport. You can also use speakers rather than a headphones. Of course, the more these options are used, the less immersive is the experience.

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Its a standard MSFS panel, so I don't see why it couldnt be moved to a separate screen, although I've never thought this necessary

The P3D version used to be able to be networked on another PC, MSFS now I'll need to check if that capability will be there on release or not.  I only have one PC I'm afraid, so never used that feature.

I agree with Kevin on all those points. I will add, that the VOXATC panel does allow for pilot-initiated options during a flight. Just like the P3d and MSFS ATC, there are numerical options (0, 1, 2,...) that are available at various junctures, as appropriate. These options allow the pilot to prompt ATC to ask for different cruise altitudes, different approaches/arrivals and to turn on the taxi guides, in case on gets lost trying to follow the ground controller's directions for a complex departure airport. The pilot can also report cruise position, altitude, etc. to ATC as needed. BTW, the VOXATC taxi guides are not those ridiculous giant blue things that are spawned by the default MSFS ATC. They are inobtrusive horizontal cones that point the way. The VOXATC UI also displays simple maps of the departure and arrival airports as appropriate. The VOXATC UI panel is HTML-based and its webserver can be mirrored to any device with a browser.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Actually, VOXATC requires that you have a microphone (headset or desktop will do) available, but for IFR flights, you can switch the communications to a virtual First Officer, so no microphone is needed until you reach the parking spot of your destination airport. You can also use speakers rather than a headphones. Of course, the more these options are used, the less immersive is the experience.

Indeed these options make it less immersive, but they are critical if you have a family that wants to sleep/not be bothered!

13 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The VOXATC UI also displays simple maps of the departure and arrival airports as appropriate. The VOXATC UI panel is HTML-based and its webserver can be mirrored to any device with a browser.

This would be great!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:26 AM, kevinfirth said:

Just a very short clip showing the smoothness of AI movements

Will this limit aircraft parking at odd angles I've seen with default AI?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by odd angles, and whether that's a positive or negative thing? Could you be more specific and I'll try to answer, sorry!

xaP1VAU.png

29 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by odd angles, and whether that's a positive or negative thing? Could you be more specific and I'll try to answer, sorry!

if there's too sharp of a turn into the parking spot, they sometimes end up facing at an angle instead of the head on.

Edited by Tuskin38

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

if there's too sharp of a turn into the parking spot, they sometimes end up facing at an angle instead of the head on.

12 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I've not noticed this happening, but maybe that's because my test locations didnt have such sharp turns.  Do you know any particular airports/parking spots where it's happened and I could test?  It may also be down the the taxiway design of the airport by the scenery developer...

xaP1VAU.png