Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration

3 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I'm a user of P2ATC and have quite a few additional SAPI voices as well as a full AIG install, so this sounds interesting.

What voices do you use on p2atc? 

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What voices do you use on p2atc? 

I've purchased Cereproc voices when they've had sales throughout the year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Just a very short clip showing the smoothness of AI movements (Vox controlled), and also note my framerate counter in the top left (my sim is v-synced to my monitor at 50fps)

All the aircraft shown are generated and controlled by VoxATC using AIG traffic (thanks @Kaiii3)

Clip taken at EGGP Liverpool, just because I know it well and I did my PPL there 😄

More news and updates to follow.....

Happy to answer any questions!

That means you can't be that far from me. I'm northwich way.

2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Where do I go to find out more about what this program may do

https://voxatc.com/Content/voxATCXHelp.pdf .... this is for P3D but I belief it will have similar features but a different UI.

2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I'm a user of P2ATC

but VATC has AI comms of its own traffic controller using bgl's &/or AIGFP's ...so the more TTS, the better.

• Upvote 2

for now, cheers

john martin

I use Windows built-in, Cereproc and Ivona voices. With the two VOXATC filters, that gives you 3 unique voices for each SAPI voice. Whether the release MSFS version will have different voices is unknown, but the VOXATC closed beta has more than enough voices just based on the Windows built-in set..

The main advantage of VOXATC is that it controls and communicates with its AI aircrafts' "pilots", just like it does with the user.. It's incredibly realistic for that reason alone. That feature seems quite lightweight with regard to sim performance. 

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The main advantage of VOXATC is that it controls and communicates with its AI aircrafts' "pilots", just like it does with the user.. It's incredibly realistic for that reason alone.

Yes, with a halfway busy airport, you have to pick your moment to contact the controller, with all the Comms going on 🙂 it's very immersive, listening to AI traffic and being able to follow it doing exactly what you hear.  For VFR flight, that situational awareness is key.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

none that would be the go to one. 

What would make an ATC app the 'go to one' for you?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I so wish I could test it out. However I’m glad to hear that progress is going good. If you guys were to estimate how far off is the release?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

1 minute ago, Falconfly said:

I so wish I could test it out. However I’m glad to hear that progress is going good. If you guys were to estimate how far off is the release?

Impossible to say, but I'd hope 2023.

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, FlightSimToday said:

That means you can't be that far from me. I'm northwich way.

Well, I moved south a few years ago, Kidderminster now, but I'll have flown over you many times yes 😁

xaP1VAU.png

Have I been asleep? This has been kept close to the dev's chest, yeah? Wow, this is great news. I guess with the dev, they have a long history of experience with this software with both FSX and P3d.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

4 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Have I been asleep? This has been kept close to the dev's chest, yeah? Wow, this is great news. I guess with the dev, they have a long history of experience with this software with both FSX and P3d.

Many years yes! It's required a reset in approach (pun intended!) to have Vox working in MSFS, but it's fundamentally there. 👍

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

What would make an ATC app the 'go to one' for you?

How long have you got? Haha.

correct transition altitudes, European phraseology. Integrating with AI. Non robotic voices. Sleek interface. Etc.

8 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How long have you got? Haha.

correct transition altitudes, European phraseology. Integrating with AI. Non robotic voices. Sleek interface. Etc.

TA's Yes, Vox has a dedicated navigraph data download for more accuracy, Phraseology yes (CAP413 compliant where possible), Vox doesn't integrate with AI, it is the AI! , Voices - there will be a range of voice options, (further into to come), UI, you can see that on my videos....

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

that situational awareness is key.

you should try it at VHHH /ZSPD / WSSS etc ...... brilliant (in P3D)

for now, cheers

john martin