Sign in to follow this  
STK

Hype Performance Group (HPG) Airbus H160 Announced

Yeppers, I am looking forward to this after spending some time in the H145 and also watching a few preview videos on the H160. She's looking good 🙂 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I own the H145 - it s excellent and easy to fly and has got an autopilot - but it s a shame that there will propably no special price offer for owners of the H145. The H160 is in my eyes just an upgrade of the 145 - larger and slightly faster (for the price of less maneuverability) - so I don t think I will pay 50 Euros for this new version. 25 ok as upgrade price but not 50.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Matt Webb said:

Yes! A little earlier than I expected! Love it when that happens. Will have to go make a purchase 😉

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

2 hours ago, PTI139 said:

I own the H145 - it s excellent and easy to fly and has got an autopilot - but it s a shame that there will propably no special price offer for owners of the H145. The H160 is in my eyes just an upgrade of the 145 - larger and slightly faster (for the price of less maneuverability) - so I don t think I will pay 50 Euros for this new version. 25 ok as upgrade price but not 50.

I buy pretty much every heli that comes out (except for some of the obviously sketchy stuff cough cough msscenery) since rotary wing flight is 80% of what I do in MSFS, and have had the H145 since the early days.  As great as this looks, I also have a difficult time seeing myself buying this anytime soon due to it kinda seeming like a H145 burger with an extra patty and bacon. for the price of the Ribeye. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Well, conducting first flight, and I have to say I am really enjoying the H160. It definitely feels and flies like a heavier bird than the H145. The systems and avionics feel similar to the H145, but to me, in a welcoming comfortable way. Sure, it may be the big brother to the H145, but for me, that is not a bad thing at all. So, my hats off to HPG for this release, as I think it is worth the price. Others may have different opinions, but if you are a fan of helicopters in MSFS than I would recommend this chopper. Now, back to flying. 

If you're going to charge $50 for a model it would be nice to make the manual freely available so people can get a proper look at what's on offer.

• Upvote 2

How are the sounds?  Always hard to tell for sure in a YouTube video but are they the same as the H145?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 minutes ago, regis9 said:

How are the sounds?  Always hard to tell for sure in a YouTube video but are they the same as the H145?

They sound good to me, a little deeper and heavier than the H145, but then I am no professional reviewer nor am I a real world helicopter pilot. I can say that I have over a thousand real world hours flying in the back of Blackhawks and Chinook helicopters across my 20 years in the 101st Airborne Infantry, and the sounds definitely put me into that memory headspace as I fly around in this bird. My Buttkicker helps with that too though 😉 

• Like 1

Friday came early! Released!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The Dauphin 365 always was one of the better and favourite.

Edited by peloto

I've finally had a few hours with this heli... it's incredible!  The sounds, the visuals, the in depth systems.  I've had to make a new controller profile and it took a few mins to setup but it's well worth it.  I haven't tried in VR yet but I think it will be phenomenal.

Just the AFCS (AP) itself is very in depth.  The heli is pretty fast as well.  I was doing about 155 KIAS at 2000 msl.  It can fly in a lot of different weather.

It'll compete with my precious Black Square TBM hehe - it's THAT good!

53289106467_1a9b263948_o.pngh160_msp2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53290239288_301c295b52_o.pngtds h160 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you fly this copter in online with others that not have the Heli, what they watch actually, the small general aircraft or the airliner?

Hope ASOBO solves that in a near future, in the FS2024 they stated that is solved.