Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Strategic Air Command: YouTube Movies & TV: Free with Ads

Enjoy! If you like it...... 🙂

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Enjoy! If you like it...... 🙂

Watched it last night.  Some of the best air-to-air movie sequences ever!

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

This is the movie with Jimmy Stewart?

YouTube says it’s ’age restricted’……sigh😞

1 minute ago, DD_Arthur said:

This is the movie with Jimmy Stewart?

YouTube says it’s ’age restricted’……sigh😞

Yes, James Stewart is in it.

Weird about the age restriction, as films of that era were generally as wholesome as milk.......

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

About these "free with ads" movies on Youtube...are there essentially commercials/ads that periodically stop the movie and play?   And then the movie resumes?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

About these "free with ads" movies on Youtube...are there essentially commercials/ads that periodically stop the movie and play?   And then the movie resumes?

Yes, that is exactly what happens. BTW, clicking on the "Watch on YouTube" link will allow the movie to play.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Speaking of Jimmy Stewart, have any of you seen No Highway In The Sky?   In some ways I like it just as much as SAC.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Age restricted, country restricted (I can't see it here)... nice.

4 hours ago, Daube said:

Age restricted, country restricted (I can't see it here)... nice.

That's whut VPN's are 4........

Devons rig

From IMDb........

James Stewart joined the Army Air Corps during World War II, and flew combat missions in Europe. At war's end, he transferred to the Reserve as a colonel. He remained an active pilot in the Air Force Reserve, and was trained on the B-36 and B-47 bombers which he flew in this film. He flew one combat mission over Vietnam in a B-52. He retired as Brigadier General James Maitland Stewart, USAFR in 1968. In 1985 he was promoted on the retired list to Major General (by his friend, President Ronald Reagan), making him the highest ranking member of the military of anyone ever in the acting profession.

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Jimmy actually flew B24s bombers in WWII and had several close calls in including a AA shell blowing a hole between the pilots and copilots seat. The mood of his acting changed to more solemn characters after the war. Several popular Hollywood stars of the day pulled strings to see combat. Ironically America’s macho man John Wayne got a deferment because of the number of dependents he had. Never heard a shot fired in anger. Ronald Reagan avoided overseas duty by failing the eye chart. One of the easiest things to fake or get wavered. I guess those two were inspiring cheer leaders. Go get em boys😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

9 hours ago, W2DR said:

From IMDb........

James Stewart joined the Army Air Corps during World War II, and flew combat missions in Europe. At war's end, he transferred to the Reserve as a colonel. He remained an active pilot in the Air Force Reserve, and was trained on the B-36 and B-47 bombers which he flew in this film. He flew one combat mission over Vietnam in a B-52. He retired as Brigadier General James Maitland Stewart, USAFR in 1968. In 1985 he was promoted on the retired list to Major General (by his friend, President Ronald Reagan), making him the highest ranking member of the military of anyone ever in the acting profession.

I see you read "Mission" about Stewart's war experience. Notice his vacant look on the cover. Far cry from the Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and other feel-good movies he made in the thirties. After the war he had PTSD so bad at times he thought it was the end of his career. I read he might see a kid working on set who would remind him of some youngster lost in his Bomb Group he would break down. You can see him let it go in his acting in "A Wonderful Life". I highly recommend "Mission by Robert Matzen, obtainable on Amazon if you enjoy historical Av books.  

Not to labor the point I want to point out having grown up an Army brat in the sixties during Viet Nam my father and I both served there. I'VE had a lifetime around veterans of all branches and several wars from WWII vets to wars of recent times. One thing I've become reasonably good at is spotting the guys who've really seen the elephant from the rest of us who had less exposed specialties. Those who were in more than one win we live loose we die situations. Most of these guys don't eagerly talk about their experiences and if they do it's usually in humble even reverent tones and you certainly don't perceive any self-aggrandizement. Not a one uses his military credentials to intimidate or bully others, such as don't mess with me I was a Marine, Airborne trooper, Green Beret etc etc. The guys who do that are usually an insecure lot. Stewart was most certainly the humble type when it came to discussing his war record. 

One other thing, real battle vets are usually not that quick to want to send other people's kids into a potential meat grinder without it being essential to national security.  Sometimes I think it would be a somewhat more peaceful world if like in the days of the Kings those who started wars went in with the first boots and their military age sons went with them.

• Upvote 2

Vic green