Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

LatinVFR long haul airliners coming soon

1 minute ago, tgsweat said:

keyboard, mouse, yoke, joystick...they all work on xbox.

ahh...

I had read reviews elsewhere (official forums I think) that said the headwind is still more systems deep, so which is better I think depends on what you want.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi:

The A-330 just had an update released.  How is it?

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Thanks for the heads up, Aaron. I may go for it finally :-). I found this changelog on their FB page:

LVFR Airbus A330-900 neo update to 1.0.3 will be out tonight
- New EFB
• Simbrief flight plan download upgrade, now allows to download into the CDU, coordinates waypoints for ocean crossings. Allows to download Fuel loads and payloads according to OFP.
• New UI, new takeoff calculator based on airport and weather data. New pushback tool, among other new features.
- Added better interior LOD for outside views in XBOX.
- 5 new liveries. Evelop airlines, CEBU airlines, Azul (pink livery), Condor D-ANRB, Delta Team USA (N411DX)
- Improved and fix external lights.
- Modifications to the cockpit to make the overhead panel and others similar to an A330neo not a CEO
- Among other fixes.
In other news in regards the A340, work is still being done, external model is complete, we are working on under the hood and systems implementation which should be completed after the avionics update is done on the A330neo.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Quick question. Is this only available via marketplace, or do other publishers offer this as well?

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

2 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Quick question. Is this only available via marketplace, or do other publishers offer this as well?

Cheers,

Pete

It's only on marketplace right now. If it's like their other airbuses it will come to LatinVFR/Contrail eventually.

Edited by Tuskin38

Does anyone know how to get the Thrustmaster TCA throttles to work besides toga, or is this a product limitation?

I was salty on this, but after watching a few vids, for example, from JayDee, I have to say this doesn't look half bad. 

Sure, it's not "study level", but the cabin seems nicely modeled, basic avionics functionality is there, cost is decent. 

I see no issue here. 

5 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Thanks for the heads up, Aaron. I may go for it finally :-). I found this changelog on their FB page:

LVFR Airbus A330-900 neo update to 1.0.3 will be out tonight
- New EFB
• Simbrief flight plan download upgrade, now allows to download into the CDU, coordinates waypoints for ocean crossings. Allows to download Fuel loads and payloads according to OFP.
• New UI, new takeoff calculator based on airport and weather data. New pushback tool, among other new features.
- Added better interior LOD for outside views in XBOX.
- 5 new liveries. Evelop airlines, CEBU airlines, Azul (pink livery), Condor D-ANRB, Delta Team USA (N411DX)
- Improved and fix external lights.
- Modifications to the cockpit to make the overhead panel and others similar to an A330neo not a CEO
- Among other fixes.
In other news in regards the A340, work is still being done, external model is complete, we are working on under the hood and systems implementation which should be completed after the avionics update is done on the A330neo.

No problem!  Will you please let us know how it goes if you pick it up?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I think I'm gonna pick this up for some longer distance flying over the holidays. The direct download into the MCDU saves a lot of time, and the EFB really looks to be very solid. 

I’m having some weird display issues on the Upper ECAM before Engine start. It goes from normal engine display with values to all x’s and goes back and forth several times. 

I also hope there is a way to fully utilize the Airbus TM TCA throttles. So far I can only do TOGA takeoffs, unless I use the mouse to manually move the levers (and probably mess up my takeoff roll 🤦‍♂️😁). 

I’m also surprised about the cockpit texture resolution, it appears very low res, and hope this is just a display setting I need to adjust. 

So far I’m not too thrilled!

Cheers,

Pete

How is the sound on this one?

Im interested in picking it up, but ive heard the sound is quite bad.

How is it compard to the Headwind one, which I currently use?

I’m not having much luck with this bird :-(. I can’t seem to figure out how to change to lbs. Although I changed it to imperial in the EFB, the lower ECAM still indicates KG. Has anyone figured out how to change to lbs?

The sounds inside the cockpit are good, but way too muted in outside view.

Cheers,

Pete