Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

OLED + MSFS

Hey all! I just got a Samsung OLED G8 and I love the monitor. Games look beautiful...except for MSFS. I feel like the MSFS colors don't shine and are very plain. Any one experiencing this with an OLED display? Any tips? Thanks!

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Just now, vrdubin6 said:

Assuming you have HDR enabled? MSFS HDR implementation is.... not great. If you have Windows 11 I would suggest using the Windows HDR calibration tool.

Yea I do have HDR on and I've calibrated using the tool as well. 

• Like 1

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Try messing with NVidia filters ?

Edited by Tony P
  • Like 2

I don't have a Samsung G8, but I do have an LG oled tv.

Many TV's have default picture modes which lean toward the blue end of the color temperature spectrum.    Sunlight is approx. 6500k (Kelvin) and most content is mastered in the D65 White Point,  but some displays are closer to 7500k by default.   This makes everything look a bit washed out,  imo.

See if your G8 has any picture modes closer to 6500k.  Try "Warm 1".  I use "Filmmaker mode" on my LG OLED.     Modes like "vivid" can be the worst offenders.     

I also set digital vibrance to 55 in the nvidia cp.

D65 white point,

Filmmaker mode, 

Edited by Waldo Pepper

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

Hey all! I just got a Samsung OLED G8 and I love the monitor. Games look beautiful...except for MSFS. I feel like the MSFS colors don't shine and are very plain. Any one experiencing this with an OLED display? Any tips? Thanks!

You don't need filters with an HDR display EXCEPT the FinalLight.fx Reshade filter to get rid of the horrid MSFS green tint to everything.  with ReShade/FinalLight.fx filter installed the colours will be fine.  All thats left is to run the Windows HDR tool to tune the output to what your monitor is capable of.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You don't need filters with an HDR display EXCEPT the FinalLight.fx Reshade filter to get rid of the horrid MSFS green tint to everything.  with ReShade/FinalLight.fx filter installed the colours will be fine.  All thats left is to run the Windows HDR tool to tune the output to what your monitor is capable of.

Thanks but i have the Steam version which it doesn't look like is compatible...Unless I'm missing something...And the file has been removed from FlightSim.to.

Edited by iFlySimX

Second the windows 11 HDR calibration tool. I use LG C1 and it made a world of difference. 

52 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Thanks but i have the Steam version which it doesn't look like is compatible...Unless I'm missing something...And the file has been removed from FlightSim.to.

You can run ReShade directly in Steam.

Follow the instructions in this and the following posts:

Search for the FinalLight preset hosted somewhere on Github.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/finallight-reshade-preset-realistic-colors-and-tone-fixes/454411/5

Anyways I found this out after.  

Yes this preset is made for SDR, it will look quite off in HDR.

11 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

So he doesn't need filters but he needs Reshade filters. Ok then, LOL.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Too bad the finallight.fx filter from Reshade doesn't work with nvidia filters, I have read many recommendations on how it enhances MSFS. I do use Nvidia filters and I'm quite pleased with my setup, but would like to try that finallight filter. Perhaps a version for nvidia will be available sometime.

Ken

15 hours ago, Alvega said:

So he doesn't need filters but he needs Reshade filters. Ok then, LOL.

My point is this -  the single FinalLight.fx filter fixes all basic colour issues with MSFS.  There are many downloads available that use many, many filters to achieve the same thing, and often break something else.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home