Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

difference between 30-40 frames butter smooth and 60 to 80 f

49 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Yeah the acid test will be flying into Haneda where it was a little choppy on the ground the other day

I think it's important to recognize our method of frame lock/sync doesn't solve overloaded hardware.  If you're not getting ultra smooth animation, or getting stutters, and rate and/or detail settings would have to go down some, but easy enough to fine tune.  Also, as you probably well know other factors can interfere w/ performance, server side issues, or other issues.  So if you suddenly lose what you're seeing now, and haven't changed any settings, perhaps reboot and try again.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

30 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I think everyone is really happy with what they have right now. That's the moral of the story. Enjoy the weekend, fellas!

Finally! Only took 12 pages 🙄

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

38 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

At low frame rates. So why bother buying the GPU? Just get a cheaper one. 

Discussed here:

On 10/25/2023 at 9:18 AM, Noel said:

It will be a new mainboard/RAM/CPU for me next, and that likely when this CPU finally can't be o'clocked enough.

IOW, a new GPU won't be considered at this point, as there is no need--I use a flat/curved display, no TrackIR nor VR.  All of my performance shortcomings will be handily addressed w/ a new CPU, and that will add a little demand to my GPU as well.  I will likely easily be able to move my frame lock from 34, using my method of lock/sync, to 40 or a little more with no untoward effects, and the GPU will have a little more work to do there as well.  More frame rate is always a good thing provided FTV isn't sacrificed in the process and as said many times the higher the frame rate the less critical is FTV, but at 40 or 50 it's still playing a role for sure.  A new CPU gets me a little more FSLTL traffic but another reality oft ignored here is Asobo's claim that 2024 gets a major improvement in performance.  With that pearl the only reason to upgrade will be failed parts, and my parts are under very little stress thankfully so hopefully will last til 2024 debuts.

Edited by Noel
Snarky intro removed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, RJC68 said:

I am curious how panning the camera is at 40fps, I tried this on my 55" X90K @ 120Hz when I first got it and panning the camera in the cockpit certainly wasn't pleasant.

With your GPU would FG not be a better option?

I never really notice any lag or anything when panning. I don't do jets. I use Tobi Eye tracker. I have tried every combination available and settled on 40. Now with 120 hz,  dx12, FG on it looks really good and about the clearest I have ever seen in the sim with frames at about 80 fps. But it introduced a stutter now and then. I'm really really happy with my settings I run the resolution at 120 and 300 for textures and get a constant 40fps with DX11 im a happy guy. This is also in 4k.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". My eyes suffer with 30 FPS even without headtracking.

It's true. With the Gsync monitor is doesn't "feel" like 30 fps. I have a lot of other sims/games and they run better. Pretty much every other software I use (Fusion 360, Cities Skylines II, Elite Dangerous, Starfield, Witcher 3, X4 Foundation, Cyberpunk, ATS etc etc) are all 60fps. My monitor maxes out at 60hz.

It's just that I have/want a lot programs running while the sim is running so eats at the CPU. My choice, obviously. When I turn most of the apps off I can crank things up.

In a flight sim, smooth 30 FPS is a lot better than stuttery 60 down to 40fps on approach in my eyes. You really do get used to it. I remember when 25fps was a good compromise between looks and performance.  Of course smoother and higher than 30fps looks and IS better. There's no doubt. No brainer. I don't want to know any better until flight sim is higher on my hobby list and I get some updated hardware. My stuff is way outdated.....

First is a newer table saw, a 5 1/5 stanley handplane, some 12 ply plywood and etc

When your headtracking and FPS remains at 30....and is smooth..... it's actually pretty nice.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---