Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

Introduction to the PMDG UFT now available

If interested, you can find it at

https://pmdg.com/documentation/

If you look closely at the PMDG forum site, you can find a subsection dedicated to the tablet

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-tablet

Good news.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Quick question, can PMDG’s EFB manual that I still have a copy of work with the new universal tablet? There’s a lot of information in the older manual that deals with performance and weight and balance and it’s 129 pages compared to this manual which has 11 pages.

jeffg

Jeffrey Gerbert

29 minutes ago, Jeffg817 said:

Quick question, can PMDG’s EFB manual that I still have a copy of work with the new universal tablet? There’s a lot of information in the older manual that deals with performance and weight and balance and it’s 129 pages compared to this manual which has 11 pages.

jeffg

If you read the title of this post, and the name of the document, it appears to be an "Introduction" - not a manual.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

If you read the title of this post, and the name of the document, it appears to be an "Introduction" - not a manual.

According to the website it's "PMDG 737 for MSFS - Tablet Introuction (PDF)" but what's one letter after waiting this long ?

Edited by Matchstick

2 hours ago, DavidP said:

not a manual

Maybe because in its initial state it does not need a full blown manual but just a one-pager 🤪

33 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

what's one letter after waiting this long

You mean they miss the letter s? They better do if I look it up in the urban dictionary 😇

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The runway length calculations are based on the data inside the simulator and can be incomplete. We did not want this function to be dependent on a Navigraph account.

Oh my god 🤦‍♂️😑 So it's not even a complete product.  It doesn't accurately give takeoff speeds or landing distances based on conditions and location...?  Really?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

7 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Oh my god 🤦‍♂️😑 So it's not even a complete product.  It doesn't accurately give takeoff speeds or landing distances based on conditions and location...?  Really?

I think it means if you have a Navigraph sub, you will have the most accurate information. The data in the sim without Navigraph can be wrong.  I've run into some issues if I forget to update Navigraph info for an airplane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

I think it means if you have a Navigraph sub, you will have the most accurate information. The data in the sim without Navigraph can be wrong.  I've run into some issues if I forget to update Navigraph info for an airplane.

I hope you're right.  That's the whole point, IMO, of having the EFB/UFT...performance calcs

• Like 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

Getting the popcorn ready ...

don't  worry wont  be  long before it  starts again 🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

47 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

I hope you're right.  That's the whole point, IMO, of having the EFB/UFT...performance calcs

You can manually enter the information in if the sim is wrong as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tpete61 said:

So we can be further randazzled why we wait for the real release.

Didn't Rob run for Governor of Nevada? I have known Rob since we worked at Beechcraft East, Hanscom field Massachusetts together,I think he was around 16 or 17, He invited me,and another worker to his Prep school,It was like something out of a movie,with the fancy woodworking,and emblems,Yes he is a Politician but has the best interists for us simmers, I have used PMDG airplanes since the B757 in Fly!,and have the fullest confidence in Rob,and PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”