Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

10 hours ago, btacon said:

Wow, there is that “insider knowledge” again. It takes a real crackerjack to determine what is simple and what is hard.  Why don’t you reach out to Asobo and offer your services?  I’m sure they are dying to hear from you.

-B

PS, the only reason I responded to you and to this thread in general is I get a bit tickled when I see folks speaking about a multi-platform, multi-user piece of software code that is probably millions of lines in length at the very least and seeing it as “simple”.  Simple?  Not a chance so do yourself and the rest of us a favor.  Quit trying to reduce it to a simple problem or fix, because it isn’t and seldom if ever is.

Good grief man a simple text error in the UI is a simple text error, you type on a keyboard and voila...fixed. Not every bug has to be complex code only the brain surgeons of coders can fix!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

14 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

That doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed.

No, it does very well mean that it is your fault if your are disappointed.

4 hours ago, fsiscool said:

No, it does very well mean that it is your fault if your are disappointed.

What's this? riddle me? 

8 hours ago, MarcG said:

Good grief man a simple text error in the UI is a simple text error, you type on a keyboard and voila...fixed. Not every bug has to be complex code only the brain surgeons of coders can fix!

My last comment. You keep saying the UI needed a simple text only correction to fix an issue. You say it was nothing more than a simple text error.  Do you code?  I don’t but I was a Change/Release Manager for over three years at a Payment Processing Software House. The pace of change was exceedingly fast, 10, 20, 30 or more changes a week. My point is NOTHING we ever touched was considered a “simple fix”:because the upstream and downstream known sand unknowns will always influence the timing of any change.

Just because you perceived to it as a text only change does not make it so.

Best Wshes,

-B

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What's this? riddle me? 

I will have a guess at what he means, and in the form of a riddle!..

You have become so disappointed, 
'Cause Asobo's updates seem all disjointed,
But to take the blame is all you can do,
For expecting Asobo to think like you!

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I will have a guess at what he means, and in the form of a riddle!..

You have become so disappointed, 
'Cause Asobo's updates seem all disjointed,
But to take the blame is all you can do,
For expecting Asobo to think like you!

I am playing a piece of slow fiddle music in the background-🎻

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

You know I started reading this thread because I thought I could gain some interesting knowledge of how the Beta was going. And in the beginning it was true. But now it has devolved into competing over 'whose d_ck is bigger than who's'. Very disappointing. I have always thought this was a forum for people who are committed to enjoying MSFS and working through problems. But come on, one page after another about 1 bug that hasn't been fixed yet? I think for me it's time to stop reading all the nonsense this thread is spewing. Have fun with this thread folks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

8 minutes ago, Rob G said:

But come on, one page after another about 1 bug that hasn't been fixed yet?

Because it was fixed, then it was re-introduced, the in was fixed, then it was re-introduced (again) and so on and so forth 

• Like 2

"so there is no need to manually clean out the Shader Cache folder. Indeed if you regularly use an automated cleaning utility like CCleaner, you should make sure it isn't set to clean out the Windows Temp folder where the Shader Cache resides - in CCleaner untick the 'Temporary Files' box under the System category. If you're running an SSD and are worried about the impact of Shader Cache"

told you so. so where is that youtube and 2-hour Patreon-twitch stream with detailed instructions how to NOT delete the Shader cache.🤣

"hello my friend, welcome on board, good to see you ...."

subscribe, dis-like and whatever ...

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 minutes ago, Rob G said:

You know I started reading this thread because I thought I could gain some interesting knowledge of how the Beta was going. And in the beginning it was true. But now it has devolved into competing over 'whose d_ck is bigger than who's'. Very disappointing. I have always thought this was a forum for people who are committed to enjoying MSFS and working through problems. But come on, one page after another about 1 bug that hasn't been fixed yet? I think for me it's time to stop reading all the nonsense this thread is spewing. Have fun with this thread folks.

Sounds like the thread isn't for you then.  I don't see what you see.  I think you have taken it far too seriously.

There is beta info in here and there will be more each week as the updates get released.  
There have also been some interesting and maybe heated discussion points (as you get with passionate people), mixed with a bit of humour. 

You could try over at the official MSFS forum and see how you get on.  :blink:  :biggrin:

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

"But now it has devolved into competing over 'whose d_ck is bigger than who's'."

we have identified the issue. it will be fixed in a future update.🤣

everybody stop talking. everything has been said already!

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

5 minutes ago, turbomax said:

"so there is no need to manually clean out the Shader Cache folder. Indeed if you regularly use an automated cleaning utility like CCleaner, you should make sure it isn't set to clean out the Windows Temp folder where the Shader Cache resides - in CCleaner untick the 'Temporary Files' box under the System category. If you're running an SSD and are worried about the impact of Shader Cache"

told you so. so where is that youtube and 2-hour Patreon-twitch stream with detailed instructions how to NOT delete the Shader cache.🤣

"hello my friend, welcome on board, good to see you ...."

subscribe, dis-like and whatever ...

Ha!  Got you before the edit...

:laugh: First of all, wrong thread! 

Secondly, I prefer the written word.  I don't have the face or voice for YouTube.  Especially being a Brummie - (For our non-British friends - from Birmingham UK, stupid accent apparently) :biggrin:.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Reading this forum is like sitting in a pub. There's music in the background, people talking and singing and you can't barely understand your own word. But if you are a laidback and openminded person you can find useful information and cool people. Don't take everything too seriously and read between the lines here and there. It's just people bantering. In the end everyone walks home and enjoys the sim.

• Like 5

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

7 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Reading this forum is like sitting in a pub.

that reminds me .....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

very nice.

23 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Kind of like most threads here in the end. There is a very informative Beta section in the official forums but Avsim folk don't tend to post there because they can't whine or attempt to point score like they do here as their posts would be very quickly removed. These threads can be an amusing time waste but you don't learn much, usually. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog