Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed [31 October 2023]

Just now, Vitold69 said:

It was their marketing mistake. I'm sure they regret about it now.

Totally agree. However, I think they would spread the cost over upcoming 319-321 package and I won't blame them for that.

It’s so interesting to see how many users who paid for the product justify by all means the endless delay.
It's called Stockholm syndrome.

Just now, carlanthony24 said:

Marketing mistake the aim was to always not over charge us customers.

What do you mean by "overcharge"? 50 pounds is a gas tank of middle sized sedan in UK. In terms of flightsimming, 50 bucks for one-in-a-lifetime product is a charity to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Totally agree. However, I think they would spread the cost over upcoming 319-321 package and I won't blame them for that.

Exactly! Note nobody blame them for 319-321 delay. Yet... 😁

Just now, Vitold69 said:

It’s so interesting to see how many users who paid for the product justify by all means the endless delay.

Being pessimistic with age, I may only assume (and I hope I"m wrong) that release package wound disappoint some folks. Others might be happy. 

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

What do you mean by "overcharge"? 50 pounds is a gas tank of middle sized sedan in UK. In terms of flightsimming, 50 bucks for one-in-a-lifetime product is a charity to me. 

Read what I put. They were never going to over charge us like other developers. Aim was to be consumer friendly that is why its priced so cheap. 

5 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

People understand what development is like. On the other hand people have no clue what it involves and just expect xyz done within such a small amount of time. FSLabs took over 2 years to bring sharklets. The people who comment like this and expect things to be done within a week. Lets not forget comments saying "Sharklets should not take a week its just about attaching them to the end of the wing. In reality its not. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Exactly! Note nobody blame them for 319-321 delay. Yet... 😁

People have though. 

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Being pessimistic with age, I may only assume (and I hope I"m wrong) that release package wound disappoint some folks. Others might be happy. 

That’s why I have asked the question whether we could still use Block 1 in parallel with Block 2.  Some here answered me that this would be a superior product and there was absolutely no need to keep Block 1. 🤣 What naivety!

17 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

It was their marketing mistake. I'm sure they regret about it now.

Totally wrong, from day 1

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Being pessimistic with age

Call it realistic. Some pay £50 for petrol, others buy a knife with taxes on that petrol.

Call it realistic. Some pay £50 for petrol, others buy a knife with taxes on that petrol.

Do you own the Fenix?

1 minute ago, btacon said:

Do you own the Fenix?

I do, and I love it. Curious why did they choose such a strange development cycle? Why not to release IAE model, similar to CFM-type, and then concentrate on 319-321 with all new features for additional fee. FSLabs did this way and people fully understood.

Edited by G-YMML1

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I do, and I love it. Curious why did they choose such a strange development cycle? Why not to release IAE model, similar to CFM-type, and then concentrate on 319-321 with all new features for additional fee. FSLabs did this way and people fully understood.

That is what they're doing.  If I remember right, the 319/321 will cost around 40 bucks, which come after block 2.  The IAEs, along with the rest of the block 2 features, are free.  Sharkies are also free which come after the 319/321.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

That is what they're doing.  If I remember right, the 319/321 will cost around 40 bucks, which come after block 2.  The IAEs, along with the rest of the block 2 features, are free.  Sharkies are also free which come after the 319/321.

Nope. IAE model still hasn't been released more than 12 months after release of CFM model.