Sign in to follow this  
JYW

What are the options (if any) for 'GA only' AI traffic?

At the moment, my MSFS time is spent solely in GA aircraft of all shapes and sizes.

I've been exploring options for getting some nice GA AI traffic into the sim ..... but not really getting any where.  I notice that, unlike FSX where you could separately dial up GA and Airliner AI traffic, MSFS doesn't seem to have any capability for GA traffic.

When I was flying tubes I used to use FSLTL, but again this seems limited to airliner traffic.

From reading Justflight's product page for FS Traffic, I can't see any reference to specific GA traffic.

So, am I wasting my time and it's just not possible, or is there a product that can satisfy the desire to have GA aircraft landing and taking off around the world's airports?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I feel the same, GA aircraft is definitely the poor relation within FS2020.

Edited by GAJ52
  • Like 2

Glen

16 minutes ago, JYW said:

is there a product that can satisfy the desire to have GA aircraft landing and taking off around the world's airports?

Best you're going to get at the moment. Good news. IMO, it's rather decent.

https://flightsim.to/file/51413/gamod-offline-version

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Best you're going to get at the moment. Good news. IMO, it's rather decent.

This looks great.  Just what I was looking for.  I did find another similar mod on fs.to but it was "file not available".

Will check this out now.

Thanks!

Bill

Yep it's a great mod and does the trick nicely, I'd forgotten about it so not updated until earlier today funnily enough. I have to lower the Density quite a bit in populated areas otherwise the FPS takes a bit, but then I raise it for isolated places as it's nice to bump into another GA in the middle of nowhere sometimes.

I also use it with FSLTL to have a nice mix of everything, works great.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

Yep it's a great mod and does the trick nicely, I'd forgotten about it so not updated until earlier today funnily enough. I have to lower the Density quite a bit in populated areas otherwise the FPS takes a bit, but then I raise it for isolated places as it's nice to bump into another GA in the middle of nowhere sometimes.

I also use it with FSLTL to have a nice mix of everything, works great.

It's exactly what I was looking for!   And free 😎   AVSIM delivers the goods!

I loaded into your very own EGKA, took off and the skies were full of fellow Sunday evening tourers. I had initially set it at 35%.    Had to turn that down as I literally couldn't get a word in edge ways with ATC there were so many aircraft around 😆    Very impressed!

• Like 2

Bill

I  found that mod has large negative effect on FPS. I guess it requires a bit of fine tuning. I too miss GA aircraft in regional airports. 

I tried the mod but no matter what I adjusted, my system slowed to a crawl.  I will keep it for now but will keep it disabled for the time being.

mike

41 minutes ago, Mike62 said:

I tried the mod but no matter what I adjusted, my system slowed to a crawl.  I will keep it for now but will keep it disabled for the time being.

mike

You need the percentage really low for built up areas I found, I also noticed the need to go right to zero as adjusting from say 50% to 20% didn't seem to have an effect. So go right down then build it back up.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Here's my combo

GA Mod Settings

Like the manual says 30% GA traffic in North America

I use 70% GA Traffic everywhere else.

FSLTL Settings (Older FSLTL Version SIDs, STARs, Separation are now being used in newer version)

6ecaa819ddcf2f439f17351a2d0e7520fd5cbf48

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On kind of a related side not, I understand a lot of people not wanting static airliners at airports but I really wish more people added more static aircraft on GA ramps at add-on airports. It really makes the airports look more alive. 

• Like 2

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

2 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

On kind of a related side not, I understand a lot of people not wanting static airliners at airports but I really wish more people added more static aircraft on GA ramps at add-on airports. It really makes the airports look more alive. 

This mod does just that with GA, albeit sometimes with a random fighter jet and glider parked side by side 😄

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

Not sure if you're a fan of Florida flying but definitely grab this Miami Executive addon in the video above I showcased.

I wish this sort of detail was standard at all airports in MSFS.

miami-executive-airport-ktmb-3TQ9N.jpg?w

https://flightsim.to/file/19777/miami-executive-airport-ktmb

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm a GA addict and I just edit the Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\layout.json (which manage offline traffic) and remove from it the liner part*. Then I set AI offline to a high % (70%) and it seems to create a lot of GA traffic (Piper, C172...). I let liner traffic to FSLTL. Personal taste.

* Remove this section...

{
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficAircraft.bgl",
      "size": 40726977,
      "date": 132914828720000000
    },

... from the original Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\layout.json:

{
  "content": [
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/fs10.AircraftTypes.csv",
      "size": 4888,
      "date": 132379022900000000
    },
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficAircraft.bgl",
      "size": 36754297,
      "date": 133431538870000000
    },
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficBoats.bgl",
      "size": 1716075,
      "date": 132387798760000000
    }
  ]
}

At the end of the day I'm not completely sure this trick creates small GA trafic everywhere but it seems to create some in some of my favorite small fields.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio