Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Coming soon: Redwing Sim Hindenburg

45 minutes ago, jon b said:

Ah, ok. That’s just what these guys told us, that’s good then if such things are preserved for historical reasons.

Maybe it’s just the fact that it was actually out flying around the airport they found interesting then.

I have to admit I'm not sure what the situation is with respect to aircraft that are airworthy and being flown.

I imagine that, even if it is allowed, German operators of such aircraft would voluntarily omit the symbology as they would consider it bad taste or capable of being misconstrued.

Edit: Thanks for sharing - an interesting story! 

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

I expect you know the Hinderburg is neither?

Yes, you are correct . The accurate term for the type of airship that was the Hindenburg would be “Rigid”. The term “Dirigible” means capable of being steered so the Hindenburg would qualify, but so would the Goodyear Blimp while at the same time a blimp would not be considered “Rigid”. 

The true name of the type of airship that was the Hindenburg would be “Zeppelin”, which is the name of the designer of the craft, Ferdinand Von Zeppelin, the pioneer of Rigidm Airship design.

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, btacon said:

Yes, you are correct . The accurate term for the type of airship that was the Hindenburg would be “Rigid”. The term “Dirigible” means capable of being steered so the Hindenburg would qualify, but so would the Goodyear Blimp while at the same time a blimp would not be considered “Rigid”. 

The true name of the type of airship that was the Hindenburg would be “Zeppelin”, which is the name of the designer of the craft, Ferdinand Von Zeppelin, the pioneer of Rigidm Airship design.

-B

Though the Hindenburg was as you now say a rigid Airship, this doesnt mean it can also be called a  dirigible. though both classes are distinct from balloons by being steerable the 2 classes are also distinct from each other structurally

There are some vehicles classed as semi rigid, but the Hindenburg is most certainly a rigid Airship and just as certainly not a dirigible

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt

Lakehurst approach controller: "Hindenburg 001, increase speed to 25 knots, you are number 2 behind landing traffic, cleared visual approach" 

notthehindenberg-3mtcbd.jpg

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

17 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Would you consider performing a 1:1 recreation of the transatlantic flights? At 2 days in length

waiting for Q8pilot, real time stream of the early preview version EGGL-KNEL. 🤣

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

When the Spirit of St. Louis was added to the sim, someone streamed a recreation of Charles Lindbergh's flight across the Atlantic.

Edited by Tuskin38

22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder what the flight model fanatics will come up with about this aircraft.....😁

It floats too much on touchdown, of course. 

Ah...someone beat me to it 😂

Edited by UrgentSiesta

23 hours ago, F737MAX said:

The famous airship with a historic end is coming to MSFS soon.

Personally, I'm unsure about putting this in the sim, much the same as I have a hangup about the Twin Towers, or the Titanic in ship simulator. Plus, you just know that someone will release a livery with the Swastika emblazoned on it.

Then again, they are all historical records, so why shouldn't they appear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuexIeFA_80

I was REALLY happy to see this announcement and will def get this addon. Too interesting, from ALL perspectives, to pass up. 

Regards the tragic aspects of this and others, you got it exactly right with the historical truth angle. 

I'm of the opinion that a swastika emblazoned on a vert stabilizer can't possibly be any more "offensive" than the word not allowed-built plane upon which it's painted. 

Ps I like my Twin Towers mod. Spent time there. Got married across the street. 

Never Forget. 

P.s.  the irony of being permitted to write swastika, but not word not allowed. 

I wonder if Soviet or Khmer Rouge is allowed? 

Pss, but of course...

Edited by UrgentSiesta

Watching and listening to the video of the Hindenburg disaster every time still gives me goosebumps! Flight simulation is an avenue to pursue our imagination in numerous aspects of aviation. Some of the most important lessons in life and in aviation emerge from accidents and disasters. We can all learn something through an understanding of historical facts depicted through Flight Simulator, especially the younger generations. 

• Like 1

If for no other reason, this would be great in VR just for the sense of scale.

• Like 2

Wow, not only recreating a huge airship (I visited the Zeppelin museum in Friedichshafen last spring, where a 1:1 scale section is displayed) but also recreating New York and San Francisco in the early 30-ies. What a massive undertaking.

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

without Navigraph, Foreflight and GPS; must be fake.

https://zeppelinflug.de/en/zeppelin-flights/scenic-flights-from-friedrichshafen?gad_source=1&cHash=3645579b0952f53e02bed5314088ddc3

CORP_COPYR_Achim-Mende_720x360_1-min.jpg

CORP_COPYR_Achim-Mende_Rheinfall-Schaffh

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.