Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Asobo Cirrus SR22, what's the verdict?

33 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

RPM not moving:  At 12,000ft level cruise 2500 RPM with WOT. Could not get RPM to change when pulling power. Moving the throttle made no difference stuck at 2500 RPM.

The SR22T, unlike the SR22, has a fixed governor at 2500RPM. It does not have the combined throttle/prop linkage system. The RPM will not drop even at idle until you are below around 90kts.

CHT's not moving: CHT's are not moving/rising poperly on the engine page. Only the right side EGT graph bars move up/down. The CHT's were frozen similar to the RPM issue above.

Not totally clear what you're seeing here. The CHTs do not move particularly quickly in this aircraft. For example, on takeoff, going from idle power to WOT, the CHT will go from around 225 to about 320-340. But this takes a good few minutes. You will certainly see your CHT move on that timescale. However, if you are just quickly changing power or mixture and waiting a few seconds, you're not going to see much CHT change at all. They're a large thermal mass that take time to change. The resolution on the expanded engine page is 5 degrees as well, so that can subjectively influence the feel of it.

There's really not much CHT difference in any of the cruise power settings. You'll get some change based on mixture. We based all of this on manufacturer data and video references.

Here's a great video reference: you can see the CHT doesn't move even 5 degrees during the entire cruise power setting procedure:

Checked the TKS tanks and they showed empty! Is this the reason it is not shedding ice when turning de-ice on?

It's hard to say, but if your tanks are empty and you have TKS on you will get a CAS message to that effect. If you need to refill them, you can reset the weight in the TKS payload station.

Of note also is lack of TKS fluid depiction. When switched on, you will see it weep back on the wings.

Maybe someone smarter at art than me knows (we don't have any artists at WT), but I'm not aware of any way of doing that in the sim.

The airflow buttons are not clickable. They should be to direct warm air to windshield. As should the AC button, which has a noticeable drag on the engine (50 RPM give or take when the belt is engaged).

The climate control system is not modeled.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

Maybe someone smarter at art than me knows (we don't have any artists at WT), but I'm not aware of any way of doing that in the sim.

Who did the new model then?  This is not the original SR22 model with new Avionics like the Longitude was.😐

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Had a chance to try the flight again today:

1)RPM not moving:  At 12,000ft level cruise 2500 RPM with WOT. Could not get RPM to change when pulling power. Moving the throttle made no difference stuck at 2500 RPM.

2) CHT's not moving: CHT's are not moving/rising poperly on the engine page. Only the right side EGT graph bars move up/down. The CHT's were frozen similar to the RPM issue above.

3) TKS: When loading the plane it shows 70gal of TKS (default). Noticed in icing again none of the de-ice worked. Checked the TKS tanks and they showed empty! Is this the reason it is not shedding ice when turning de-ice on? Of note also is lack of TKS fluid depiction. When switched on, you will see it weep back on the wings.

4) Anti-ice: Tried turning the cabin fan to 4 (highest) and temp full red (highest). Made no difference in cabin window and/or windscreen ice. The airflow buttons are not clickable. They should be to direct warm air to windshield. As should the AC button, which has a noticeable drag on the engine (50 RPM give or take when the belt is engaged).

5) The non-clicky button referenced earlier is confirmed non-clicky. All the rest click. 🙂

Doing a test flight now.  My RPMs are stuck at 2700-2715 regardless of the power setting.  This results in a constant RPM warning.  Any ideas?

Edited by MNORM

As shown in the video Matt linked above, setting 30.5” MP and leaning to maintain 1600 degrees EGT/TIT is the technique taught by Cirrus instructors in the 22T…which oddly I’ve never been able to find in any of the published training materials. That is used for lean of peak climb and cruise. CHTs are really the critical metric, but since CHT responds much more slowly than EGT/TIT, we use EGT/TIT to make adjustments due to its relative immediate feedback.

• Like 1

Chris

48 minutes ago, MNORM said:

Doing a test flight now.  My RPMs are stuck at 2700-2715 regardless of the power setting.  This results in a constant RPM warning.  Any ideas?

Yeah, this indicates to me that's there's probably a mod in conflict. We've seen a few interfere, mostly the SR22 Realism Mod and a flight model mod.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Who did the new model then?

One of the MSFS art teams worked their magic on the model, which I think looks absolutely awesome.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Yeah, this indicates to me that's there's probably a mod in conflict. We've seen a few interfere, mostly the SR22 Realism Mod and a flight model mod.

Thanks.

As a matter of fact I did have an old improvement mod in the community folder.  I removed it and went on another test flight.  Now the RPMs are at 2500.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Love the plane...

The click spot for fuel levers are to low, have to click on the center arm rest to access to fuel levers.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

As Matt said, the real SR22T G6 sounds very different to earlier SR22s with the same basic engine.  I used to fly a 2007 quite a lot back in 2010.  I became very accustomed to it's engine/prop sound. (BTW despite their prestige and high quality, SR22s are really quite loud). Last year I had my first flight in a SR22T G6, from Gloucester airport to Blackpool.   On climb I said to the PIC that it sounded really strange, like a constant drone.

That's when I found out that the G6s maintain a constant prop speed of 2500rpm (a little like the PC-12 maintains 1700rpm throughout the regime).  The SR G3s and older used to vary RPMs according to power lever position.

Working Title have captured that 'drone' very realistically IMHO.  I don't find it a very pleasant sound IRL!  but in terms of realism, it's bang on in this model.

Edited by JYW
Numerous typos and grammatical errors as my hands continue to work faster than my brain.
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

43 minutes ago, JYW said:

Working Title have captured that 'drone' very realistically IMHO.  I don't find it a very pleasant sound IRL!  but in terms of realism, it's bang on in this model.

Maybe I'm missing something but the sounds in this new model sound no different than what was there before with the original SR22.😶😳  Maybe someone can post a comparison video of the sounds because the old version is permanently gone on most of our setups.  Again I don't hear any change in the sounds.

FS2020 

We didn't alter any sounds, no. But I think the introduction of the fixed governor has definitely subjectively changed the cruise soundscape a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Maybe I'm missing something but the sounds in this new model sound no different than what was there before with the original SR22.😶😳  Maybe someone can post a comparison video of the sounds because the old version is permanently gone on most of our setups.  Again I don't hear any change in the sounds.

The core sounds are the same, yes.   This is evident by the fact that the Boris Audio Works SR22 sound pack still works with the new model.

But the engine/prop sounds very different as the old model (G3) had a prop pitch that reduced in line with the power setting.   This new model is constant 2500 through the full flight regime.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Not sure if everyone that updated to the new SU14 update 1.35.21.0 is supposed to have the new Cirrus SR22 aircraft. I dont see one in the hangar. Looking into the

"Official" folder I see 4 livery folders, but no base aircraft folder that I expect should be like asobo-aircraft-sr22. Is this new aircraft only available to Beta participants?

3 minutes ago, mali6491 said:

Not sure if everyone that updated to the new SU14 update 1.35.21.0 is supposed to have the new Cirrus SR22 aircraft. I dont see one in the hangar. Looking into the

"Official" folder I see 4 livery folders, but no base aircraft folder that I expect should be like asobo-aircraft-sr22. Is this new aircraft only available to Beta participants?

Load it up and see for yourself.😉  I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.  Asobo goofed on the name so it still says, 'SR22'.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

41 minutes ago, JYW said:

The core sounds are the same, yes.   This is evident by the fact that the Boris Audio Works SR22 sound pack still works with the new model.

But the engine/prop sounds very different as the old model (G3) had a prop pitch that reduced in line with the power setting.   This new model is constant 2500 through the full flight regime.

Again, we need a comparison video.🧐  The only difference I see is the spool-up sound when taking off.

FS2020