Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Asobo Cirrus SR22, what's the verdict?

4 minutes ago, RoomyKestrel235 said:

In the MSFS menu is the new SR22 labeled correctly? It appears to me as just the old SR22 with old specifications and not SR22T G6. I have the premium deluxe and SU14.

No it's a known bug though

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, JYW said:

Perhaps MS specified "don't allow the doors to open, we might get sued if a simmer falls out!".

Working title added opening doors to one of the other GA aircraft in one of the AAU's. Guessing the functionality was there just disabled.

Yesterday I up dated to the SU14. I cannot locate the new SR22T. I have the SR22 Labeled "Cirrus SR22". Which looks to be the original. Should the new label be SR22T? Sorry but I'm confused.

Can someone help?

Bill McCracken

16 minutes ago, macpilot said:

Yesterday I up dated to the SU14. I cannot locate the new SR22T. I have the SR22 Labeled "Cirrus SR22". Which looks to be the original. Should the new label be SR22T? Sorry but I'm confused.

It's mislabled in the menu (see @ryanbatc's post above).

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, cappy42 said:

SR22 vs G36 (With improvement mod) 

Which would you rather fly??

The one with the parachute 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

58 minutes ago, cappy42 said:

SR22 vs G36 (With improvement mod) 

Which would you rather fly??

No comparison.   The new SR22T is leagues ahead of the old Asobo G36 model (with or without improvement mod).

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Finally was able to get the sim installed and running to try the Cirrus:

Matt and team what a great job (again)! Kudos.

1) while everyone is concerned about the doors, the bigger issue is the chute handle cover. It should be removeable (checklist item) and the handle and cute should work! 🙂

2) the boost pump (also checklist item) needs some work. Was able to takeoff and fly around without it. There should be discernable FF, engine #'s etc. It seems like these might be affected but hard to tell going from low/high boost etc? Hot starts would be fun to replicate!

3) Icing is bonkers. Just tried RNAV 20 to KTRK in moderate icing and the de-ice (TKS) NORM seemed to have no effect? Pushing the MAX buttons also no effect? Eventually iced up and stalled. Pretty cool! Again not sure about the modelling for SU14 vs. the plane itself.

4) Kept looking down at the side stick for trimming but didn't see it working? Is it modeled or just static on the hashes centered?

Hopefully more later have to run...

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I still wish I could get a hold of someone at Asobo art/modeling department.  I did a paint for this bird but it took quite some time as there are so many textures - and I did it with advanced 3D software aka Adobe Substance Painter.  Perhaps around 16 for just the fuselage!  It's ridiculous.  I want to know why this is the new trend.  Are they making it impossible to paint aircraft intentionally?  Is it a legal issue?  There's no need for 16 fuselage textures.  Having a UV wrap this complex essentially kills off paints that would be released by people using 2d methods like gimp, affinity, photoshop, paint even!  I need to collect my thoughts and write a letter either directly to Asobo, or over at their main forums.

There's a few of us paints who have discussed this issue.  If this is the trend for MSFS 2024 the community will see VERY FEW third party paints on default aircraft!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

IS it me, or does the fuel flow seem a tad high..otherwise this is great.

In most situations, the fuel flow is matching book down to the decimal. I would check the POH (freely available on the Cirrus site) to confirm if you're having an issue or not.

49 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

It should be removeable (checklist item) and the handle and cute should work! 🙂

MSFS doesn't really have anything approaching parachute physics and so CAPS is not implemented.

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Was able to takeoff and fly around without it. There should be discernable FF, engine #'s etc.

The fuel pump in boost mode is there to add pressure (not additional fuel flow) to prevent a fuel vapor lock condition at high fuel temperatures. The engine driven pump is sufficient to maintain fuel flow to the engine in all conditions. You will not see a difference in fuel flow or engine performance as fuel metering is via the ECU and injectors. This just adds additional fuel pressure to the system.

Since fuel vapor lock scenarios are rare, that's not a thing we model as a failure, as they would somewhat be random number based, a thing which we don't much care for.

Is it modeled or just static on the hashes centered?

The sim doesn't really support non-aero trim. The SR trim is a force bias based system that changes the control stick neutral point (there is no aero trim surface), which doesn't really have a mappable sim analog, since you can't change the users control center point through any kind of force. Therefore we cannot really implement that. Adding an animation offset to fake it would unfortunately break users with VR controls trying to use the control stick, as well.

Pushing the MAX buttons also no effect? Eventually iced up and stalled.

We did check icing a bit in testing, and the FIKI system is only designed for certain levels of icing conditions. That being said we can keep an eye on this.

Matt and team what a great job (again)! Kudos.

Thanks, that's incredibly kind of you!

• Like 3

Am I the only one to notice that the MFD shows no way to declutter the navigation map?  

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

8 minutes ago, Eclex said:

Am I the only one to notice that the MFD shows no way to declutter the navigation map?  

Declutter is accomplished by using the softkey labeled Detail on the bottom of the MFD.

The detail key doesn't exist on my version !

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

2 minutes ago, Eclex said:

The detail key doesn't exist on my version !

I would check with an empty community folder in case there are mod conflicts, and also ensure that you're on the main MFD map page. The Detail softkey does not appear on other pages with maps, like the FPL page (nor does it on the real unit). The Detail softkey is the third from the right (after Checklist and Charts, going right to left).