Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Asobo Cirrus SR22, what's the verdict?

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

If you've updated to SU14 what you are seeing in the hanger is the new model.

Thanks, will give it a go.

• Like 1

Johan Pienaar

I'm new to SU14 and did not participate in the beta.

The liveries for the previous SR22 are still compatible with the new model SR22T G6?.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

16 minutes ago, Dillon said:

If you've updated to SU14 what you are seeing in the hanger is the new model (delete those old repaints

edpatino:  Hope this helps...

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Hope this helps...

Wish it would tell more.

In my SR22 fleet they still appear as available in the sim, but will try some of them and will report back.

Thanks

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

Wish it would tell more.

In my SR22 fleet they still appear as available in the sim, but will try some of them and will report back.

Thanks

The interior of the aircraft is completely different (different model all around), if that's any indication of backwards compatibility.  As 'Bugs Bunny' used to say, "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish" when comparing what we have now to what we had.🍺 

Alas the doors still don't open...🥴

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Not intending to be pedantic but it's not "Asobo" at all.  It's a 100% from-the-ground-up new model, textures, systems and sounds by Working Title.

Those last two words mean you can be confident that it's very high quality in all areas.  but yes, the doors not being openable is a strange one, given the otherwise universal high quality.

Perhaps MS specified "don't allow the doors to open, we might get sued if a simmer falls out!".

This is what doesn't make since.🥴  If this was like the Longitude where the same model had an upgrade to it's Avionics/Flight Model only I could see the reasoning. But to have a completely different/new model all around only to leave this out (knowing people would ask) makes no since.  Clearly someone went back to the drawing board, they clearly could have addressed the doors seeing this has been a requested issue going back to the original release of MSFS.  Instead once again they dropped the ball here.  No slam on WT, the modeler got lazy here. I'm surprised (not to be outdone by Cessna) Cirrus didn't complain about this seeing as the doors are a distinctive aspect of their aircraft.  They went so far as to make sure the Cirrus was modeled correctly in MSFS which is a high profile sim (didn't want potential customers to get the wrong idea). Maybe they didn't want to rock the boat too much nit picking the corrected design. All in all this needs to be addressed with a future update.😐 

If ever Gulfstream approaches Microsoft for an official FS rendition I hope they wouldn't let obvious details like this slide (I know, wishful thinking concerning GS🤪)...

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

29 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'm new to SU14 and did not participate in the beta.

The liveries for the previous SR22 are still compatible with the new model SR22T G6?.

From what I have read in the beta forums the liveries for the original are NOT compatible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

From what I have read in the beta forums the liveries for the original are NOT compatible.

Thanks, that's it. I just tried them and all of the old liveries fallback to the default livery for the new model.

I'm a bit dissapointed. I wrongly assumed the SR22T G6 was going to be a completely new model and not a substitution of the original one.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

The interior of the aircraft is completely different (different model all around), if that's any indication of backwards compatibility.  As 'Bugs Bunny' used to say, "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish" when comparing what we have now to what we had.🍺 

Alas the doors still don't open...🥴

Yes, a bit dissapointing

Cheers, Ed

I'm enjoying it...

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

W-wait......

Really? Are you guys sitting in tha' plane, and instead of flying, are just happily opening and closing the doors again and again while laughing maniacally? 😮

• Like 9

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

W-wait......

Really? Are you guys sitting in tha' plane, and instead of flying, are just happily opening and closing the doors again and again while laughing maniacally? 😮

I will say the doors on the Cirrus are a lot cooler looking than most aircraft.  I'm not usually one to care about the doors... but that and a 4 bladed prop would have been nice 🙂

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In my opinion, the doors animation feature is something that has been in some way disregarded in the MSFS default aircraft. I missed the feature when the first edition of the MSFS AAU's series was released, specially in the Longitude C700. Now, I'm again missing the feature with the new SR22T G6. 

I remember well those times of FSX and in, don't recall well, how many versions before, the use of the Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 commands to open and close doors for PAX and cargo in most, if not all the default aircraft. Fortunately, some freeware aircraft for MSFS are equipped with the feature like the excellent Bagolu's C172 Skyhawk and the C172 Reims Rocket, to mention just two of them. Payware aircraft is another history, as most of them contemplate the doors animation.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2

Cheers, Ed

In the MSFS menu is the new SR22 labeled correctly? It appears to me as just the old SR22 with old specifications and not SR22T G6. I have the premium deluxe and SU14.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoomyKestrel235 said:

In the MSFS menu is the new SR22 labeled correctly? It appears to me as just the old SR22 with old specifications and not SR22T G6. I have the premium deluxe and SU14.

It's not named correctly.  I noticed that too.🧐

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020